Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree187Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2011, 06:32 AM   #401
Compulsive Stamper

Default no nails

Hello everyone, yes i am in the UK.No nails is a tube of paste that you use for DIY instead of............haha..............nails! You usually have to buy a gun to attach the tube to, which has a trigger for you to squeeze out the paste.I get my hubby to squeeze some into an airtight jar and it keeps very well in that, and i can just scoop some out when i want to.I lay the stencil down, and carefully scrape the paste across in a nice even smooth layer, then carefully lift the stencil and leave to dry .When it's dry it is very lightweight, and sort of rubbery.You can heat emboss it ( be careful it gets hot) or paint it, and glue to card or whatever.I bought a sheet of die cut swirls, and when i had used them all i used the 'blank' sheet that was left to make my own swirls..I hope you can all understand this.If you have any more questions ,please ask.Hugs to all who need them.Rosie.xx
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 05-09-2011, 07:49 AM   #402
Watercolor Wizard

Does it dry clear Rosie or more like the opaque silicone sealant you'd use round a bath tub or shower base?

My blog
Old 05-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #403
Linking Queen

My DH used something called Liquid Nails fro additional security when he hung up some paneling. Here's a link:

LIQUID NAILS Adhesive | Construction Adhesive | LIQUID NAILS Brand
Old 05-09-2011, 09:41 AM   #404
Compulsive Stamper

Can you post a picture of something you have made with the "no nails" ? thanks
Old 05-09-2011, 02:01 PM   #405
Compulsive Stamper

Hello, no it dries white like soft rubber, and is easily coloured,i will try and do a photo tomorrow for you to see what it's like painted and unpainted.also heat embossed.Night all, hugs .Rosie.xx
Old 05-09-2011, 06:48 PM   #406
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosierosie View Post
Hello, no it dries white like soft rubber, and is easily coloured,i will try and do a photo tomorrow for you to see what it's like painted and unpainted.also heat embossed.Night all, hugs .Rosie.xx
Now I know I'm too tired to be reading threads. I had to read this twice; I thought you said @#$* no! instead of hello no.
I look forward to seeing the pictures tomorrow when I'm awake and alert again!
Old 05-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #407
Pearl-ExPert

Ah, I get it. I really did think it was for fingernails. ! I think my DH might use that at work. Hmmmm, something else to harass him for. ! Thanks for telling us. I would have been in Dollar Tree this weekend looking for No Nails in the manicure section. !

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Old 05-09-2011, 11:22 PM   #408
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaxsix View Post
Now I know I'm too tired to be reading threads. I had to read this twice; I thought you said @#$* no! instead of hello no.
I look forward to seeing the pictures tomorrow when I'm awake and alert again!
Me, too, mamaxsix! It's past my bedtime also.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 05-10-2011, 02:27 AM   #409
Insane Embellisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by lylacfey View Post
Ah, I get it. I really did think it was for fingernails. ! I think my DH might use that at work. Hmmmm, something else to harass him for. ! Thanks for telling us. I would have been in Dollar Tree this weekend looking for No Nails in the manicure section. !
I thought it was fingernails too ha ha, I have used latex caulking for the samw thing, you can get it in the tube of in a container for a caulking gun. I go with the white paintable stuff
Old 05-10-2011, 09:46 AM   #410
Compulsive Stamper

Question photos of shapes

I can't imagine what the shopgirl would have said, had you gone to the manicure section looking for no nails!!!!:I will now endeaver to upload some pics as promised.hugs Rosie.x
Old 05-10-2011, 09:49 AM   #411
Compulsive Stamper

help??? how do i attach the photos? please!!xxrosiex
Old 05-10-2011, 10:15 AM   #412
Stazon Splitcoast

Hit reply and type your message in the text box as usual. Now scroll down a little and underneath the icons and the submit reply button you'll see additional options. Hit manage attachments; a screen will come up to allow you to upload from your computer; hit browse then attach the photo you want. Then return and hit submit reply. Hope that works! Gail
Old 05-10-2011, 10:35 AM   #413
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Mama thanks so much, i am a bit of a dunce when it comes to computers!!hugs Rosie.x the pic on the left is the blank remains from some chipboard shapes.which i used as a stencil.centre is some of the shapes( sorry not a good photo), and on the right are a silver and a lilac shape that has been heat embossed.
Attached Thumbnails
000_0192.jpg   000_0191.jpg   000_0195.jpg  

Last edited by rosierosie; 05-10-2011 at 10:38 AM.. Reason: did it wrong
Old 05-10-2011, 11:57 AM   #414
Compulsive Stamper

I've always loved those epoxy stickers that are bendy/flexible--so I was thrilled when I figured out how to make my own. They can even be stored until ready to use. Simple to do with a clear gloss medium. I've taught this technique several years in my classes, but I finally I just finished a tutorial for it, with pictures.

LoveLee Notes: Sip n' Tip Tuesday - Epoxy Embellies & Chai Recipe

I hope ya'll find this helpful.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:43 PM   #415
Compulsive Stamper

Ooh that sounds very interesting i shall have to have a look -see!
Thanks Hevnlee2.hugs Rosie.x
Old 05-10-2011, 01:44 PM   #416
Compulsive Stamper

PS. Hevnlee,those i made are as light as a feather and very flexible too.xx
Old 05-10-2011, 05:10 PM   #417
Die Cut Diva

Something I don't think has been mentioned here is making your own Dew Drops using hot glue. You just make little drops onto a nonstick surface, like a Silpat or craft sheet. With all the colors (and glitters, too) of hot glue you can find, you can make colors, or you can color them with markers, etc. Different glues will give you different looks.

Also, you can make your own glue dots, by putting drops of Aleene's Tack It Over And Over onto a nonstick surface (I save the paper that real glue dots come on, and use that, or the tape after my glue runner runs out). These are truly cheap and work just fine. When I use the tape runner, I hang strips up, after the dots dry, on my closet door, which is right next to my craft desk. Easy to reach. These may be sticky to handle, but I lift them off with a needle or long pin, and position them on my paper with the pin. I read about making them here on SCS somewhere.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:25 PM   #418
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by HevnLee2 View Post
I've always loved those epoxy stickers that are bendy/flexible--so I was thrilled when I figured out how to make my own. They can even be stored until ready to use. Simple to do with a clear gloss medium. I've taught this technique several years in my classes, but I finally I just finished a tutorial for it, with pictures.

LoveLee Notes: Sip n' Tip Tuesday - Epoxy Embellies & Chai Recipe

I hope ya'll find this helpful.
THANKS! Those are amazing
Old 05-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #419
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsaymay View Post
I thought it was fingernails too ha ha, I have used latex caulking for the samw thing, you can get it in the tube of in a container for a caulking gun. I go with the white paintable stuff
I have some latex caulking! Thanks for the tip. It's actually next to me. My DH needs to fix the shower, lol. I will steal what there is left.

Old 05-11-2011, 03:47 AM   #420
Rubber Obsessor

Location: I live in United Arab Emirates because of my husbands job.

Ha, ha! That is too funny that you would think that "No nails" would be in the manicure section!!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:02 PM   #421
Polyshrink Goddess

This isn't EXACTLY making do, but I did stretch a purchase out. I noticed that on a couple of packages of ephemera in my stash the back of the package had tiny images of the items inside. I cut them out to use on cards, I think they'll look really cute, and they were free "with purchase".

I love the look of some antique pocket watches - 3D embellishments - from Jolee's that are $4 for a package of 4 pieces. I have a stamp of a pocket watch that I heat embossed then used Glossy Accents to make the watch "crystal", and then cut out and used on a card. It looked pretty good, but I used black ep, next time I'll try gold.

Free cat hair with every card!
Old 05-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #422
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneB1030 View Post
This isn't EXACTLY making do, but I did stretch a purchase out. I noticed that on a couple of packages of ephemera in my stash the back of the package had tiny images of the items inside. I cut them out to use on cards, I think they'll look really cute, and they were free "with purchase".
I cut up packages constantly. My family knows just to lay down all that recyclable trash on my desk, lol. I have gotten some beautiful photos, backgrounders, papers, acetate, chipboard, glossy paper and other miscellany from cutting up packages. I hardly buy pattern paper any more since I recycle everything.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:25 AM   #423
Compulsive Stamper

Ooh i do the same! i have to confess, that the box i get my panty liners in, is a beautiful shiny metallic shade of lilac, and it makes beautiful die cuts!!!
By the way i have experimented with the no-nails today,i have coulored it with some mauve paint coloriser,which has resulted in a nice shade of lilac.I will let you know if doing this has any effect on the finished product.
Hugs to all who may need them, Rosie.x
Old 05-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #424
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:

I love the look of some antique pocket watches - 3D embellishments - from Jolee's that are $4 for a package of 4 pieces. I have a stamp of a pocket watch that I heat embossed then used Glossy Accents to make the watch "crystal", and then cut out and used on a card. It looked pretty good, but I used black ep, next time I'll try gold.
Diane, i do the same with little printouts of shoes etc, for ladies cards.they look lovely when done with glossy accents.x
Old 05-12-2011, 01:49 PM   #425
Die Cut Diva

I often punch shapes out of the old Christmas cards- I've gotten some gorgeous bits to use on my handmade cards from the commercial ones I've been sent. I love the metallic and glittery stuff.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:04 PM   #426
Compulsive Stamper

I do that too, seems us crafters all think alike!!!
My family laugh at me when i am watching them open gifts ,just waiting to grab the paper and ribbons before they bin them!!
When my hubby calls me a 'TOTTER' i tell him ,i am saving money!
Hugs to all.rosie.x
Old 05-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #427
Crimping Master

Quote:
Ooh i do the same! i have to confess, that the box i get my panty liners in, is a beautiful shiny metallic shade of lilac, and it makes beautiful die cuts!!!
By the way i have experimented with the no-nails today,i have coulored it with some mauve paint coloriser,which has resulted in a nice shade of lilac.I will let you know if doing this has any effect on the finished product.
Hugs to all who may need them, Rosie.x
Never have done that--how cool! But I have used tissue boxes for all sorts of things--backgrounds, punch outs/die cuts, "shields" for highly embellished cards to mail...ever notice how truly beautiful some of them are?
Old 05-13-2011, 04:49 AM   #428
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Jeanne, well i think tissue boxes here in the UK are not as pretty as i would like! hope yours are better than ours! I tend to look at the packaging of childrens toys in a speculative way these days too! hugs Rosie.x
Old 05-13-2011, 01:49 PM   #429
Compulsive Stamper

I love using tissue/Kleenex boxes. I'm gonna try to upload a picture of what I made using parts of one box. But in case that doesn't work, here's the link.

LoveLee Notes: One Tissue Box

I keep stacks of tissue box panels on hand for quick cards. I have fun disguising them in cards. When I teach repurposing classes I've yet to have anyone figure out what I used without me telling them. Ha ha!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:09 PM   #430
Compulsive Stamper

Lovelee, had a look at your place .left a comment,it goes under the name Christopher, but it's really ME!!! HAHA no i am not a male admirer,it just so happens my hubby's name is on the google acc. Your cards are awesome! much better than me , i must say, maybe i will imrove when i find the elusive tissue boxes!hugs Rosie.x
Old 05-13-2011, 03:57 PM   #431
Compulsive Stamper

Quote:
Lovelee, had a look at your place .left a comment,it goes under the name Christopher, but it's really ME!!! HAHA no i am not a male admirer,it just so happens my hubby's name is on the google acc. Your cards are awesome! much better than me , i must say, maybe i will imrove when i find the elusive tissue boxes!hugs Rosie.x
Ha ha...Rosie, that is sweet but I'm sure your cards are great. I got a laugh, My hubby is Chris too! Glad you enjoyed the tissue box ideas. PM me your email address and I'll send you some cut tissue box panels for you tom play with.

Lisa
Old 05-13-2011, 10:39 PM   #432
Pearl-ExPert

I love this thread! I recycle everything (or at least DH thinks so)! LOL I recently diecut some butterflies out of creacker/cereal boxes, added acost of black gesso, three coats of black UTEE, then Perfect Pearls, re-heat & stamped.
Attached Thumbnails
utee-butterflies-4-30-2011-11-59-12-am.jpg  
Old 05-13-2011, 11:01 PM   #433
Polyshrink Goddess

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvics View Post
I love this thread! I recycle everything (or at least DH thinks so)! LOL I recently diecut some butterflies out of creacker/cereal boxes, added acost of black gesso, three coats of black UTEE, then Perfect Pearls, re-heat & stamped.
Those are really pretty! What did you use for the antenae?

Free cat hair with every card!
Old 05-14-2011, 04:21 AM   #434
Compulsive Stamper

Aw Hevnlee,that is so kind of you. but how do i send you my addy?
Iam vics, those butterflies are gorgeous! Butterflies are my most favourite thing.
no one would ever know they started life as cereal boxes, you are very clever.x
Old 05-14-2011, 04:24 AM   #435
Compulsive Stamper

By the way everyone who may be interested,the experiment with the coloriser and the 'no nails' worked perfectly.Using the colouriser,didn't affect the the setting in any way .x
Old 05-14-2011, 04:51 AM   #436
Die Cut Diva

Those are beautiful!!
Old 05-14-2011, 05:25 AM   #437
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Aw Hevnlee,that is so kind of you. but how do i send you my addy?
If you click on a username, you will get a little menu that includes "send a private message". That will let you send a message to Hevnlee that only she can see. HTH!

My blog
Old 05-14-2011, 06:38 AM   #438
Pearl-ExPert

iamvics- I love your butterflies. They are absolutely stunning.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:34 AM   #439
Compulsive Stamper

Hi Joanne, thanks for that.I am new so don't know my way around yet, add to that,i am a bit daft!!lol.hugs rosie.x
Old 05-14-2011, 08:15 AM   #440
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Those are really pretty! What did you use for the antenae?
Dianne,

Thanks! I used some wire for the antennae. Cut pieces about two inches long, folded in half & curled the ends. I used a dab of Glossy Accents to adhere them to the back of the butterfly.

Vic