Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #1  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin babies -- gift idea ?

A friend of mine is pg with twins, both girls. She is having a shower just for immediate family and very close friends -- they have a 3 year old daughter. She is not registering for anything.

I bought some cute clothes for the babies, but I wanted to do something for their "firsts". What I'm thinking of is onesies stamped with an image representing each holiday.

Valentine's - hearts
St. Patty's - shamrocks
Easter -- bunny or eggs
4th of July -- red, white & blue stars
Halloween -- pumpkin or ghost
Thanksgiving - turkey
Christmas -- tree, stocking or santa

I've read that craft ink would be best for this and then to heat set with either the iron or the dryer.

I'm thinking a clear acrylic might work best since I'd be able to see through them and make sure I'm not screwing it up. :rolleyes: I don't have many clear sets. Do you have any faves of the above images or any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Last edited by Cammystamps; 01-18-2008 at 12:22 PM.. Reason: forgot to say thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 01:18 PM   #2  
Glitter Guru

good idea but coming from someone who has twins they might not get used...depending on what size they are...

What about a keepsake box for each of them....I got two nice sized sturdy Paper boxes with Lids from Micheals and painted and stamped and spelled out thier names on the top and it was a place for me to throw things in it - like a preemie diaper, a pair of preemie socks (so tiny), US pictures and other little things I wanted to keep...

Somthing that one of my friends gave me was a completed small scrapbook for each of my girls - it was an ABC book that started with A is for Angel...B is for Baby C is for Cute...etc... and there was enough room on each page so I could put a 4x6 picture in it....(it was the older CM 5x7 albums they had)at the end of thier first year I went through all my pictures and picked out the pictures that best suited each page - my girls LOVE to look at them...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 03:51 PM   #3  
Kookie Creator

I think the onesies idea is adorable but definitely defer to the expertise of a twin mom!

If you do decide to do a keepsake box, I was going to chime in about that. My mom did a file box for each of my girls (just with clip art attached to each side), but inside it has file folders by each age (0-2, 3-4, K, 1st grade, etc.) and then also folders for sports, music, etc. activities. I love these as I don't SB and it's fun to have an organized place to throw those precious first artwork pieces and cute school papers.

I'm sure whatever you do will be much appreciated by your friend and her twins!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 04:07 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Another mom of twins here.

With another young child at home she is going to be busy.

I like the idea of the oneies. You may ask how she feels about the matching issue. Some moms of twins only want their children dressed alike. Some don't care. I can't stand it if mine are dressed alike becuase it is too hard to tell them apart.

Here's an idea, coordinating. Pink hearts for one, lavendar hearts for another. Twins look so cute dressed a like but it gives them a bit of identity. And it helps sooo much
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 04:07 PM   #5  
Kookie Creator

I did a first year album for a friend of mine who had twins. I KNEW she wouldn't be scraping that first year but would take plenty of pictures. I did a double page spread for each month with a few pages at the beginning for birth and hospital pictures and 1st bday pics at the end.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 05:02 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

AS an identical twin, I vote for NON-matching onesies, if you decide to do them. People talked ad nauseum about how they had to paint our initials on our knees, because we looked so much the same! It's also nice to know that down the road, 10, 20, 30 years or more, they will be able to look at pictures of the two of them and have a way to identify which is which, kwim? I can't tell most of the time which one is me until we were about 4 or 5!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 05:12 PM   #7  
Hardware Hotshot

Thanks for your responses ladies.

I have asked her about matching -- she said they won't be matching. Oh, and they are fraternal as well, so not identical. If I do the onesies, I was going to buy various sizes, so that hopefully they would fit when they got to that holiday. Gerber's onesies, although thinner than most, really seem to have a wider time usage with size, at least for my kids. I ultimately wanted a series of "babies first ____" bibs, but I think plain white onesies will be more available. I like the idea of pink and lavender hearts, for example. For the other holidays, I think it would be easy enough to find two separate images.

I can't do a name personalized item as they won't be deciding on the names until birth.

I like the ABC scrapbook. Some of her other friends who are in a stamp club with her are invited and they are heavy scrapbookers, so I'm concerned that idea may be covered in some way.

I have to figure out what each idea will cost and take for time. As the mom of two little ones, I don't have a ton of free time myself. ;)

Thanks for the input!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 05:13 PM   #8  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I have 5 year old twin girls and have to say we got given so many clothes in the first year that half of them went unworn :-(

I LOVE the keepsake box idea - if only I had received those they would have been a fab and very well used gift - just to throw in all sorts of bits and pieces that you just dont know where to put eg: a little sock that you want to keep etc - and time in that first year is at a real premium - I didnt even get time to eat lunch most days!!!

Sarah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 05:32 PM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

I was poppin in to tell you to stamp onsies...lol. I did a set a few years ago for a friend that was having twins. They were very simple because I left it till minutes before I had to go to the shower...lol. Here is a pic:

http://twopeasinabucket.kaboose.com/...yout_id=590163
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-18-2008, 05:35 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Our family had triplets, so I did a scrapbook of firsts . . day home, 4th of July, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Valentine's, St. Patrick;s, Easter. Mothers Day. Father's Day and Birthdays. All girls so lots of pink, purple and sage
Reply With Quote Likes