Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-13-2006, 06:49 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Too many magazines!!!

I just spent all morning culling my hoard of magazines. I went back though them and only kept the ones that had ideas I might actually use (which was basically ALL of them !:rolleyes: ) I'm wondering how y'all organize your magazines? Do you just mark the pages with stickies? Do you tear out the pages your like and keep them in a binder? When you're searching for ideas how do you find what you're looking for?
I was thinking of tearing out the pages I liked and storing them in page protectors in binders but some of those magazines are e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e and I don't want to tear them up. Any ideas you'd like to share?

I speak the truth not so much as I would, but as much as I dare,
.......and I dare a little more as I grow older.
-Michel de Montaigne, essayist (1533-1592)
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 06:59 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm wondering the same thing. I'm always looking through my magazines and find something I really like, but I just have too many and I don't remember where I saw each one.

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 07:02 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

I am being overrun and need to start going through my magazine stash. I will sketch out ideas of things I like because invariably I can't find the proper mag again when I want to find a certain idea!

Laura

Running With Lollipops my everything else blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 07:48 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I keep all the Stamper's Sampler and Take 10 since they are primarily samples and to me are more in the 'book' category. For everything else I go through (after 2-3 months) and cut out things of interest only. I have folders for techniques, templates, products I would like to try, color combos, layouts, etc.

My gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 07:57 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've kept all of my magazines (Rubber Stamper, Rubber Stamp Madness, Take 10, Somerset Studios, as well as my SU catalogs. I keep them in those plastic magazine holders you can get at office supply stores and have them on shelves in my closet. Generally I will remember a card or technique from a past mag - I will remember the magazine but not the issue, so I have to go thru each issue! Everytime I think about getting rid of some of the older ones, I go thru them and see something I like - so I end up doing nothing!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 08:05 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by katydidnt
I just spent all morning culling my hoard of magazines. I went back though them and only kept the ones that had ideas I might actually use (which was basically ALL of them !:rolleyes: ) I'm wondering how y'all organize your magazines? Do you just mark the pages with stickies? Do you tear out the pages your like and keep them in a binder? When you're searching for ideas how do you find what you're looking for?
I was thinking of tearing out the pages I liked and storing them in page protectors in binders but some of those magazines are e-x-p-e-n-s-i-v-e and I don't want to tear them up. Any ideas you'd like to share?
I have only found a few things (1-2 pages every few months) in magazines that I ABSOLUTELY have to save. (Now if you have a NEED to have everything in the entire magazine you may want to just keep it, but if it is 2-3 pages I believe you can legally copy it since you had purchased it.) You could scan it (save it), print it out and put it in a three-ring binder with page protectors.

When I am done with my magazine I usually eBay them. Believe or not you can get a couple bucks back by just selling them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 08:08 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

What I've started to do is put a sticky on the page of a new technique/card/sample I like in each magazine. Then, if I happen to file it away, I at least know to look for the stickys!!

I am the same as the rest of you ladies, I can never ever remember where something is, and have to try to re-create by memory. Kind of silly, when I do have a picture and directions, just can't find them!!

I have so many magazines, and have only been stamping for a year now. But they've been an invaluable source of insipiration and information, so I wouldn't part with any of them. Of course, after four or five years of this, I don't quite know what I would with them all. Knowing me, I'll still hang on to them and have to create a library I guess!!

My blog:
http://stylishcreationsbydebbie.blogspot.com/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 08:16 AM   #8  
Matboard Maniac

I periodically go through my old magazines and cut out the few pages that have samples or techniques I'd like to try. I put these in page protectors then organize them in binders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2006, 09:15 AM   #9  
Mad Swapper

Default magazines

I'm with the other posters who cut/tear out pages with samples I really like and would probably copy at some point. They are in a file folder right now, with further organization to come when I get enough of them :-). The magazine goes to a LSS thrift sale, priced 1/2 or 1/3 of full price depending on how much is gone, but it's usually not a lot. The Stamper's Ten I do keep complete, but I don't buy all of them either.

Along the same lines, I've been printing out full size pictures of cards I especially like in the gallery for each set I own, with pertinent information added by hand. These are organized by set in folders and have been GREAT for inspiration! Once I choose a card to CASE, I write down all the measurements for cutting and specific embellishments or whatever that I've used to make it. Then it's easy to recreate more as needed.
Reply With Quote Likes