Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 08:45 AM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default Tim Holtz stamp stuck to plastic

I bought a TH stamp from Joann's online months ago. When I tried to peel it away from plastic the foam rubber will rip. I even tried removing it with a craft knife, no luck. I'm thinking maybe I could just cut off the foam part?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-11-2013, 09:41 AM   #2
Die Cut Diva

I would just take the foam off. You can still use the actual rubber stamp. Just put some adhesive like Aileene's tack it over and over on the back and let dry over night. You could even use double sided tape. Then its good to use with your clear blocks.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #3
Hardware Hotshot

You can remove the foam from the rubber and still use the stamp. I personally prefer to get unmounted stamps with bare rubber.

"If a person who indulges in gluttony is a glutton, and a person who commits a felony is a felon, then God is an iron.
― Spider Robinson
Old 02-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
Rubber Obsessor

I had this situation come up only to realize that it was a different type of cling on stamp. There was a larger piece of clear plastic that was bigger than the regular image. I kept trying to pull off the stamp and then I realized something wasn't quite right. This has now happened with a few clings including a Stampendous and a couple Tim Holtz stamps. The large plastic piece is the cling part. Maybe this might help.
Old 02-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Die Cut Diva

I had this happen with several background stamps that were stuck on storage panels and unused through a hot summer. I am convinced it was the heat in my studio that caused it. Whatever the reason, I was able to pry them off by working at it slowly although several did lose tiny bits of cling. I think unmounting your stamp and then either remounting it or using it bare is the answer, but I would question why it happened. If it wasn't subjected to a hot environment, and the plastic you were storing it on was appropriate (acetate is not good for cling foam, apparently) then your stamp might be defective. Contact Ranger about it. They have very good customer service.

RachelRose Designs by Robin... GALLERY