Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default those of u not/un mounting SU sets...

how are you using them? I want to not mount all my new sets but I dont know what to do next. How are you using them without them sticking to ur clear blocks? Any help or advice would be appreciatedT TIA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

i'm a bit confused...

if you aren't mounting them on the wood blocks i don't know how else you could use them except for with the acrylic blocks.

but then again i AM a little slow about the whole 'unmounted' thing as i prefer wood mounted stamps.

i must admit that i am now curious as to how else people might be using stamps other than wood or acrylic blocks...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 10:33 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

You would have to mount them on cling foam before you could use them on your clear blocks otherwise they'd stick permanently to your clear block. I assume that is what you were asking about.

My Blogs: Mission Inkpossible & Embry Family Recipes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

I take the rubber off of the foam that they come on and I put them onto EZ mount so that they will cling to the acrylic blocks. Some people just leave them bare rubber and use Aliene's tack it over and over or use double sided tape. If you leave the rubber on the foam that it comes on then you would not be able to get it of off the acrylic block. HTH.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Smile

I stripped all 200+ sets down to the bare rubber. I put Tack N Peel on the ACRYLIC blocks and I am set to stamp. All I do is put an old mouse pad or a magazine under the card stock, if I want extra cushioning.

I LOVE TACK N PEEL!:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #6  
Embossing Fanatic

Here's what I do --

I punch out the stamps. Then, one at a time, I peel off the brown paper to expose the adhesive. I then carefully adhere the sticker (the label that comes with the stamps) to the sticky side of the stamp. I try to line up with the image as closely as possible.

After I've applied all the stickers, I then go back and spread a VERY thin layer of 2-way glue (the blue stuff). I let that air dry for a few hours. After it is dry, the glue retains its tackiness and works great to "cling" the stamps to acrylic blocks as I use them.

I used to store the stamps in CD cases, but now store them on 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of cardstock that I laminated. I keep the sheets in 3-ring sheet protectors in a big notebook that I can flip through.

Every now and then (usually on the stamps that I was too impatient to let dry before I started using them), the glue will peel/wear off of the stamps. I just re-apply the glue when that happens. (And vow to wait more patiently this time.) I really have not have to re-apply very much at all and have been using my stamps this way for well over a year now.

I think that Aileen's Tack it over and over works the same way, but I already had 2-way glue and didn't see the need to go buy something different.

I hope this helps. You'll probably get a million different answers. There are a lot of different ways to do it. You just need to find one that works for you!

Amy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 12:23 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by library mommyView Post
Here's what I do --

I punch out the stamps. Then, one at a time, I peel off the brown paper to expose the adhesive. I then carefully adhere the sticker (the label that comes with the stamps) to the sticky side of the stamp. I try to line up with the image as closely as possible.

After I've applied all the stickers, I then go back and spread a VERY thin layer of 2-way glue (the blue stuff). I let that air dry for a few hours. After it is dry, the glue retains its tackiness and works great to "cling" the stamps to acrylic blocks as I use them.

I used to store the stamps in CD cases, but now store them on 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of cardstock that I laminated. I keep the sheets in 3-ring sheet protectors in a big notebook that I can flip through.

Every now and then (usually on the stamps that I was too impatient to let dry before I started using them), the glue will peel/wear off of the stamps. I just re-apply the glue when that happens. (And vow to wait more patiently this time.) I really have not have to re-apply very much at all and have been using my stamps this way for well over a year now.

I think that Aileen's Tack it over and over works the same way, but I already had 2-way glue and didn't see the need to go buy something different.

I hope this helps. You'll probably get a million different answers. There are a lot of different ways to do it. You just need to find one that works for you!

Amy
genious
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 12:48 PM   #8  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
genious
I agree, Joan! I have a bunch of the two-way glue and have had trouble finding the Tack it over and over stuff. Thanks for the tip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 05:48 PM   #9  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by library mommyView Post
Here's what I do --

Amy

Thanks.This was exactly what I was looking for. I think cling mount is way to go for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been just leaving the brown paper on the stamps and using them on acrylic blocks that I have put Tack N Peel on. This works great but I don't think that it will last forever though, especially for the stamps that I use often. I think the idea of putting the label on the stamp is a great one. I will try this with the Tack N Peel instead of the 2 way glue.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-13-2009, 05:12 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I take all stamps down to bare rubber and put either cheap double sided tape (not my Scor-Tape) or just use 1-2 tiny glue dots on the block to stamp.

Works great for me. I also have a stamping pad under my paper when I stamp.

I can't see unmounting from wood blocks then only to take all the time to re-mount on the EZ-Mount stuff. Waste of time and money in my opinion.

My bare stamps take up very little room in the drawers I keep them in separated by theme of the individual stamp. I don't keep sets together.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes