Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-12-2012, 04:11 PM   #1
Compulsive Stamper

Default Tell me your thoughts, I'm stuck

My friend's son is getting married in Nov and she's giving them a shower in Sept.
I'm invited of course so I went shopping today to buy a shower gift. I have not met the bride and don't know too much about her except for a few things from my friend.
So, during my shopping spree I bought items that I knew he would be using too. Not just stuff I figured she picked for the registry.

Here is why I'm stuck..........I'd like to make a card to give with the gift (of course, right?).
I don't know what I want to put on the front. Since I don't know her I don't really want to put a dress on the front. Cake? (kinda boring). Dove? Hearts?
I just can't come up with anything else.
Any help would be appriciated.
Thank you,
Julie B.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-12-2012, 05:33 PM   #2
Kookie Creator

I don't know why you think you can't use a dress stamp. If you have one you can use I'd go for it.

Wedding Bells
Flowers
Hearts
Doves
Old 08-12-2012, 05:42 PM   #3
Gallery Gazer

You could use a swirly/lace/damasque embossing folder on white paper, tie a white ribbon around it and tie a bow, add bling, layer it on a white card base, stamp Best Wishes in black and punch with an oval, mount that on a bigger black oval or scallop oval and adhere with foam dots.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:39 AM   #4
Insane Embellisher

How about an umbrella stamp and a sentiment like showering X&Y with happy wedding wishes. I also have a stamp of a shower with packages in it and a sentiment that says its a shower and I computer generate or stamp the names below. Imam sure whatever you do will be a keepsake for them.
Old 08-13-2012, 03:17 AM   #5
Watercolor Wizard

Something like the attached is really easy to do and because the sentiment is computer generated you can personalise to use the recipients' names or whatever you like. Although I used gold embossing powder it's printed on an ink jet printer - if you're fast enough with the EP as the card comes off the printer, it sticks to the still-wet ink and you can emboss as normal. The hearts on this were hand cut so no special supplies are needed, you could do stamped pattern hearts if you don't want to emboss or don't have the equipment to do it.
Attached Thumbnails
thinkpink2.jpg  

My blog
Old 08-13-2012, 04:13 AM   #6
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks, these are great ideas. It gave me a boost of creativity.
Joanne the embossed gold hearts card is beautiful. I may use that as a starting point.

Julie
Old 08-14-2012, 07:04 AM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

I don't know if you have a cricut but there are great svg files out there that are less traditional. I just made a wedding card for my son's friend with a car dragging tin cans (no they don't really do that any more but it made an adorable card). The other think you can always do for a shower or a wedding is just do up a classy black & white card using one or two different DP's, a bit of lace and some silver brads or bling. Always a fav.