Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-20-2010, 10:53 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SU Clear Mount Stamps Help

I know this has been asked before but my other clear mount stamps stayed on the acrylic block so I didn't bookmark the replies. Whenever I try to use ANY of the stamps from 'Tags til Christmas', they fall off of the acrylic block. I have washed the blocks I use with dishwashing soap/wiped them down with alcohol but the stamps still fall off after I have inked them so I ruin my cardstock stamping surface. I have the 'Teeny Tiny Wishes' & 'Tiny Tag' sets and none of these stamps fall of my acrylic block and they a really small.

Please, does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? I used removable tape as a temporary remedy so that I could use these stamps this season but it leaves a residue on the back of the acrylic block and stamp. (I don't want to accidentally pull the clear backing off the foam backing on the stamp.)

TIA for any replies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #2  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use Aleen's Tack It Over & Over. Dab a little on the back of the stamp, let dry for a few minutes and you are good to go. The stamps even stay stuck on the boxes so they don't fall out when you open it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 12:14 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm sorry you're having such trouble...with my SU cling mounts I do put extra pressure on the block and hold it pressed down for a few secs before lifting it to ink it. That little bit of extra time and pressure really makes a difference for me...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 12:22 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I also clean the cling mount sticker with my stampin scrub and stampin mist. Sometimes, the film from the manufacturing process, or my grubby fingers get prints on the sticker side. Then, give nice, even pressure like Betsy said and you should be good to go!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks for all the suggestions. I do use a little extra pressure when attaching the stamp but ... Will try cleanning with the stamp cleaner on the backing. If that doesn't work, will try to find some Aileen's glue. Can't understand why my teeny, tiny stamps stick but these bigger ones won't - maybe like the OP said 'finish from the manufacturing process'. Went to a workshop and learned several ways to use the stamps so was disappointed that I couldn't get them to stick to my acrylic blocks.

With everyone's helpful hints, I'll be ready to use them next year!!

Love this site because everyone is so helpful and giving of their suggestions. Also, the responses are so quick so that you can get back to your crafting.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-20-2010, 06:48 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crafter 4 LifeView Post
Thanks for all the suggestions. I do use a little extra pressure when attaching the stamp but ... Will try cleanning with the stamp cleaner on the backing. If that doesn't work, will try to find some Aileen's glue. Can't understand why my teeny, tiny stamps stick but these bigger ones won't - maybe like the OP said 'finish from the manufacturing process'. Went to a workshop and learned several ways to use the stamps so was disappointed that I couldn't get them to stick to my acrylic blocks.

With everyone's helpful hints, I'll be ready to use them next year!!

Love this site because everyone is so helpful and giving of their suggestions. Also, the responses are so quick so that you can get back to your crafting.
You don't need it if you have the tombow multi (in the white and green bottle). Just spread a tiny thin layer and let dry and then it's more tacky!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-21-2010, 04:19 AM   #7  
Gabfest Goddess

Since the OP says that she's used other clear mount stamps with no problems and she's having problems with all the stamps in the new set, it doesn't sound like operator error in any way but more like something wrong with the cling on the new set. If after cleaning them and the blocks (just as a check), then it sounds like the issue isn't with how the OP is trying to use them, but with that particular set. I'd ask around if others have had the same problem with that particular set. There's nothing worse than paying good money for a product and then having to jump through hoops to get it to work as described. It should work well right away instead of having to come up with quick fixes just so you can use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Again, thank you to all the responses I received.

I sprayed some Stampin Mist on a paper towe, rubbed the backs of all the stamps (the shiny side with the image) and left the cases open overnight so the backs would be dry. (did this to all my clear mount stamps) Tried using the 'Tags til Christmas' stamps and all seem to stay stuck to the acrylic block. I think this particular assortment of stamps will be a great addition to my Christmas stamp assortment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-22-2010, 07:19 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 98 Likes on 80 Posts

subbing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I have sent an email to SU complaining about this very issue. In my opinion, you should NOT have to go to all the trouble to add anything, clean repeated, use extra pressure (which does not give you a clean image) or anything else to make these work. I bought about 5 sets and have vowed NO MORE SU acrylics until they fix this problem. I have even the cheapest clear stamps from the dollar store that stick like no body's business time after time. Whatever they use on those stamps -- they need to find something else as I know we're not the only ones with this problem.
Jeremiah 29:11
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 02:20 PM   #11  
Embossing Fanatic

There are actually several threads on SCS with this issue.
Personally I sold my SU acrylics as they always fell off no matter what I did.
I ruined several cards as the inked side always fell right onto what I was creating.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #12  
Forum Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 18 Posts

Did you also clean your case? I clean my cases and labels on the stamps with alcohol and I never have a problem, even with the teenie tiny stamps. I only buy CM and if CM is not available I mount on EZ mount.

Something I did notice is that when apply the label I may strech it a bit and then the stamp curves up. I may sure I re-apply the label so the stamp lays flat.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 05:31 PM   #13  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

If you're comfortable using the stamps without the image stickers, they work great!!! I was used to not having images when SU went acrylic mount so I do not use them. I tried a couple sets with the image stickers but peeled them off.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 08:55 PM   #14  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

When mine don't stick I just breathe on them to moisten, then they hold fine. hth!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 09:17 PM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Everything I was reading from posts a few months back was to NOT put the sticker on the stamp, so that is what I did-I left the stickers off. I haven't had any problem at all.

I was quite surprised and upset that SU had a product with such obvious problems.
I wasn't sure if you have applied the stickers. I know the stickers are suppose to be part of how great the clear mount system is. I've read where stampers have peeled the stickers off and then their stamps stay on the block fine.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #16  
Crimping Master

I've had no problem with mine and I use the stickers.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #17  
Pearl-ExPert

I have many sets of the SU clear mounts and haven't had any trouble getting them to stick. Large or small. They may come off during cleaning, but they stamp just fine. I use the labels. They do stick better without the labels, though.They stick just as good as my ez mount ones without the labels.
One thing I found very early on was that if you add the label and get a little air between the foam and label, they don't stick as well. That is easily fixed by putting a tiny hole or two in the label with a needle. It isn't noticeable afterwords. Sounds strange but it works. I learned that in a discussion somewhere about remounting stamps using clear cling sheets, so it's not just an issue with the SU labels. Even if it doesn't look like there is an air bubble, it makes a difference.
The other thing with the cling mounts as well as the SU labels. They do need to have pressure applied to stick better. Press into the center with a thumb and hold for a couple of seconds and then work your way out or better yet, lay the stamp on the table rubber down and press the block to the cling side, press in the middle and then apply even pressure over. I started using these techniques with my unmounteds and as I said earlier haven't had any trouble with my SU clear mounts.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-26-2011, 12:13 PM   #18  
Embossing Fanatic

thing is that customers should not have to find fixes to use a new product they just bought.
SU really needs to really rethink and do something as so many are having issues.
We should not have to use tack it over and other things to get a stamp to stick.
If my other stamps had the same issue - then I would no longer be a customer of them Either.
Reply With Quote Likes