Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Strange favor - cards for girls

I make cards for Operation Write Home and I have tons of options to make cards for boys, but am at a loss for making cards for girls. I'm talking little girls, adolescent and tween.

I need stamp ideas. I am open to all types of stamps; digital, rubber, mounted, unmounted, clear, etc.

Thanks.

Trish
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Received 88 Likes on 33 Posts

I make cards for OWH, too. For girls I use happy flowered paper, bright dotted or striped paper. Embossed background with printed ribbons. Die cut flat flowers, butterflies & leaves. Die cut labels. Sentiments on the front, like: You Are So Beautiful (MFT), Miss you, Hello, etc. Happy Birthday. I have some House Mouse stamps and matryoshka dolls, bicycle, butterfly. Remember your girlhood and what you would like to receive from someone far away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

The first stamps I think of for little girls are from Waltzingmouse Stamps - Halfpint Heroines. You also may like WMS You're A Doll image and sentiment stamps, and Earth Angel is also sweet.

It's a real challenge to make cards for people you don't know personally. Any abstract/graphic element or florals would do nicely for girls and colors can make a big difference. You could visit sites for teen/girl decor (like Pottery Barn Teen, for example), check out suggested paint sample combinations for girls' rooms from paint stores (they have some wonderful ideas and brochures), and look at teen magazines and ads for a sense of color schemes that would be appropriate.

Congrats to you for taking the time to make cards for OWH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2013, 02:35 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was visiting the Eat Cake Graphics site and saw some really cute little girl stamps:

Kids : eat cake graphics, an online rubber stamp and quilt pattern company
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2013, 02:58 PM   #5  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

In the meantime I think you can also use your boy stamps to make cards for girls - like pink cars and trucks. I love making cards for girls and I go heavy on the pinks, pastel colours, hearts, glitter, and flowers!! Any character you have for a boy (like a mouse or dog?) you can also stamp or draw a bow on it to make it into a girl.

If you are thinking though, that you ought to be making more girl cards for Operation Write Home, and not because you would ENJOY making more girl cards, I wouldn't worry about it. I go to a group that makes cards for OWH, and the vast majority of the cards we make are for women or girls, and it is difficult for us to make cards for the boys. When we do, they are almost always lame in comparison to the cards for the girls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Sophie said it best, our hobby is generally very feminine (just look in the gallery) so unless it is a personal challenge you would like to tackle, I personally would say don't sweat it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Paper Smooches has really cute images for girls, Perky Plants and Nine Lives are adorable. I too send cards to OWH and have a hard time with manly cards. So if you lean more to masculine cards it probably is a good thing. I tend to lean to lady cards and try to make an effort to send more kid cards. I like to make all kinds of cards but just seem to gravitate to flowers, butterflies etc. Just make what you feel like and it will be great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-25-2013, 07:05 PM   #8  
Mad Swapper

Location: wishing I was in London but you'll likely find me on my couch

For girls think pink, purple, floral, dogs, cats, horses, etc. But as others have said if you want to do it great. If you think you're not doing your part believe me the rest of the country is! While helping sort cards in August at OWH headquarters we were trying to make sure the boxes had masculine cards available in each box and there weren't many to choose from. So unless you really, really, really want to go girly, please don't worry that you're busy making cards for boys and men because those are severely lacking. (That doesn't mean everyone should switch to masculine cards either).

I like the Greeting farm stamps and Sparkle creation ones. I also have ballet and dance ones. Pets. Flowers.

Also you can always turn your masculine cards and stamps feminine with different layouts designs, papers, etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2013, 11:14 AM   #9  
CBC Lady Violet

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

Some of my favourite stamps for girls are by Wild Rose Studio. I am particularly fond of the Cherry Cupcake line, but they have others that are very sweet too.
Lili of the Vally and Crafter's Companion also have some sweet stamps that would be good for young girls.
Penny Black has a nice line that I think works well for the more tween/teen girls.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2013, 01:41 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

Wee stamps digital images or, for teen girls,how about Saturated Canary digital images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are plenty of girls who don't like traditional "girly" things. I was, and still am, just one example. I wouldn't worry about it. Make the cards you like, and they will find their way to the right person, boy or girl.

My Pinterest Boards
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

I am on a very tight budget, so I loaded up on the Bildmalarna stamps from Stamping Scrapping. They are priced for clearance. They used to have a lot more styles, but I guess the prices were so good, they are selling out. The Mimosa ones are my favorites:

BILDMALARNA
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #13  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnemoneView Post
Some of my favourite stamps for girls are by Wild Rose Studio. I am particularly fond of the Cherry Cupcake line, but they have others that are very sweet too.
Lili of the Vally and Crafter's Companion also have some sweet stamps that would be good for young girls.
Penny Black has a nice line that I think works well for the more tween/teen girls.
THANK YOU, so much for the suggestion of Lili of the Valley. I love the colored image pads. Bought 3 of them. It is going to be a long wait for them to get here from the UK. lol!!

Thanks also to everyone who answered.

Trish
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-02-2013, 04:07 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Anemone, THANKS again for the suggestion of Lili of the Valley. I ordered 3 pre-colored pads on Monday night (Oct 28th), and received them today, Saturday (Nov 2nd). I was expecting to wait the 14 to 20 days they mentioned.

I LOVE the images, so much so, that I don't to use them. lol

They are my new favorite online store.

Trish
Reply With Quote Likes