Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-04-2004, 03:12 PM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stocking Stuffer/Gift Ideas

I am looking for some fun, fairly inexpensive ideas to use for stocking stuffers {both adults and kids}, teacher, office, secret sister etc. I have several ideas but wondered if people would share some of their favorites. I also thought I might get lucky and someone have a list already compiled! :lol: I have did some searches but have not come up with much from other posts! Any input would be appreciated. What are your "WOWIES"! Thanks, Gina
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 03:25 PM   #2  
Insane Embellisher

i assume you mean stamped items?!.... coasters, pens w/ matching post it pad or note pad, magnets, wine charms, stamped mat board for frame, checkbook cover per person's tastes, etc....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 03:39 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

we made jr legal pads w/ covers; rsvp pens; post it notes w/covers; mini tile magnets, coasters, pouches with candy in them, paper cubes; etc...

Alot of mini baskets at Easter w/candy and chocolate covered strawberries in them....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-04-2004, 03:49 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

Hi Kurstan! OOPS! Yes I did mean stamped items--just left it out I guess. Thanks for the replies! Anyone else!!! Love hearing your ideas! Gina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 08:14 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

The cork boards are adorable, too! There are a few in the gallery! That's a great gift for someone of any age!! I want to make them for myself - and the matching tacks... TOO cute!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 09:20 AM   #6  
Compulsive Stamper

Can someone tell me how you do the mini magnets?
They sound too cute.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 07:22 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

I second the cork board! You can find small ones for $1-$2 or the bigger ones for less than $5 at Odd Lots/Big Lots. My 10 year old niece loved her and so did my 58 year old mom! Personal note paper and envelopes are super easy to make!! Just buy a box of 60 regular envelopes at the dollar store (for $1) and cut regular white computer paper in half, stamp them, and tie them up with a ribbon. Or making card sets are nice too. My family enjoys them. I can't think of anything special but the ones I mentioned are pretty easy.

-Heidi :0)

P.S. SOAP!!!!! Cool idea that I am going to try this year. Everyone needs soap, right??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-05-2004, 07:44 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

How about candles ($1 at Michaels for a 3inch tall pillar), post-it note boxes, jr legal pads, favourite recipe cards, or brownie/cookie mix with recipe all stamped ...

Cate
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 04:02 AM   #9  
Glitter Guru

I am going to be doing a variety of little things this year that are stamped projects - mainly to show hubbie I do use my stuff which is why I need to keep placing SU orders

I am making jewlery boxes for each of my nieces - you can get a plain wooden hindged box at a craft store for a few $ - wait till there is a sale and you might be able to get them for $1 - I unscrew the hinges, paint it white - stamp using an "open" stamp with black staz-on - heat set and color in using a blender pen - I use classic ink and then I heat set again and then spray very lightly with a sealer - I did one as a trial and error and the staz-on ran a little bit but I have fixed that problem - anyway my daughter carries around the bottom with her and it hasn't smudged ro anything - if it can survive a 3 year old. For my neices (1-8 years of age) I am personalizing it with thier names on top and I am getting them some childrens beaded bracelets (a neighbor sells them)

You can also do the same with wooden picture frames - paint stamp and viola - I have seen some flat edge wooden frames at $1 store - so easy to paint up and look pretty.

I am making both tile magnets and the round glass marble magnets as gifts - I got the small tiels in a sheet of 36 for about $3 and the clear glass flat marbles I got at Garden Ridge (only place I could find them around here) for about $2 for a bag of 20. I am going to make some sets and give them out as 4 magnets in a decorated cello bag to aquanitences.

For my girls teachers I am hoping to give them some magnets, make them a journal - if I get really daring maybe some beaded pens.

For a few close friends I am hoping to make them journals too.

Another thing I am planning on doing this year - although not of the stamped variety (but hummmm maybe I can work some stamping in) - I make Cake Mix Cookies - so so easy to make and so many combonations -btu everyones favorite is ones I make with chocolate cake mix and andes mints so I was going to make up packages of it with everything except the liquid ingrediants and put it in a cello bag - buy some oven mitts and wooden spoons at $ store - put the cookie mix in the oven mitt - attach the spoon and viola. I am mainly giving these to people who rave about the cookies....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 05:01 AM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

OOH, chocolate and mint, my favs, can I get the recipe Jenni, would love to try that this weekend.

Donna
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 08:24 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

I have a spider plant that is having babies like crazy. I am going to paint some clay pots white and stamp on them.

In the past I have also planted African Violets in them. I used the small flower from fanciful flowers but since it is no longer available, we have tons of good stamps to use. I painted the flower the same color as the African Violet. Remember to give the person a bottle of African Violet food as well.

I use acrylic paint on the pot and then seal it. Remember to get a base and paint and seal it also. I try and keep the stamp small so it is easier to stamp.

Another idea... when you are making samples or swaps, make a couple extra and make up a cute assorted pack of cards to give away. A few thank you, a few birthday, etc. Our stamp cases work great to store them. Of course you need to stamp that too!

One year I gave the kid's teacher a journal, a pen and some thank you cards w/ envelopes. She loved it!!! She actually became a customer after that.

Don't forget, our "people" love stamps. Make up a cute container, (old glass candle jars with lids work great) stamp on it and fill it with cute stamps. For the teachers, divide up the Teacher Time set. For the cook, the recipe set. If they aren't stampers (yet ) add a pad or two. We all have sets laying around that aren't our favorites, I use those to make these gift ideas. Also when you order something, keep in mind it's ability to be divided up, i.e happy hearts, holiday woodcuts (LOVE that set) Holiday gift tags, the little layers sets, you get the picture. Get some of our org. bags and stamp on them.

I am getting myself all excited
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 08:38 AM   #12  
Glitter Guru

Donna

here is the recipe - so super easy to do

1 (18.25 ounce) package cake mix (any type)
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips or other goodies

Mix the cake mix and baking powder together - add eggs and oil - beat with mizer till blended. Add your goodies - bake at 350 for 8-12 minutes (timing will vary based on what type of cake mix you use)

makes about 12-16 cookies

Basically i just throw everything in a bowl at the same time and mix away.

I have found that the moister cake mixes don't work to well - cheaper is better.

I am going to mix the cake mix with the baking powder and the andes mints (they do have bags of andes mints pieces in the backing section - I buy a huge box at BJS and chop them up myself) and repackage that in a cello bag and attach a note saying to add 2 eggs and a half cup of oil...and how to bake.

There are so many combinations to this recipie - my favorite ones are
Spice cake mix and cinnimon chips
Carmel cake mix and peanut butter chips

I always pick up a few boxs of cake mix when they go on sale for .80 cents or so...i always have paking powder, oil and eggs and you don't need to add any goodies to them. Perfect for those times when you realize you need some treats at the last minute

I made 4 diffent combinations last year for a christmas party and everyone thought I had spent hours making all these different kinds of cookies - umm nope just about 1.5 hours from start to finish

Jenni
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 08:46 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Jenni,

Thank you so much for the recipe!!! I can't wait to try the different variations. Talk about a time saver for me, I love that.

I have to bake about 100 dozen cookies every November for my church's Christmas event. We do "Journey to Bethlehem" every year. People come for everywhere, even 5 people that were visiting one year from Israel. We take people inside for a play showing life during the time of Jesus' birth, then we bring them outside in "families" of 30 people and begin the Journey. They walk outside through the woods, making frequent stops to meet other's on the journey. Then we take them into "Bethlehem" which is a huge tent set up.

The journey is completed at the manger. Then we bring them into our youth building at our church and serve them hot chocolate and homeade cookies. Our record attendance was over 16,000 in 4 nights. So that takes tons of cookies. We love doing it and all our the women are always looking for shortcuts to crank those cookies out.

Consider this simple recipe a HUGE blessing to all our cooks! I'm going to print it out and start passing it around.
Donna

"The value of persistent prayer is not that he will hear us...but that we will finally hear him." William McGill
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 09:04 AM   #14  
Glitter Guru

arggg - i just went back and read my post - so many typos - sorry about that
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 09:55 AM   #15  
Embossing Fanatic

The cookies would make a fabulous teacher's gift. We get tired of pencils and paper!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 12:46 PM   #16  
Matboard Maniac

A big THANK YOU!!! for all of your ideas. They are great. The cookies are a must try also! For some reason it is 90 degrees out and I am totally in the mood to do Christmas projects! Thanks again, Gina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2004, 06:53 PM   #17  
Kookie Creator

This is just an idea of things that are already made that you could stamp to personalize: (I don't think these have all been mentioned.)

hand towels
placemats
napkins
lamp shades
mirror edges
luggage
photo albums
mouse pads
address labels
dry erase boards
gourds
candy jar
tote bags

You could stamp plain gift boxes, tissue paper, wrapping paper, etc. to give the gifts in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2005, 08:21 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Domino pins
Hot cocoa packets
Stamped Fruit cans with goodies inside
paint cans
Acrylic post it note holder
CD calendars
calendars with magnets on the back for the fridge
SCS#5115
My Humble Gallery
"If God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it"
My Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-12-2005, 08:41 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

Thanks for all the ideas too. One of my friends just reminded me today that it is only 6 weeks until X-mas - So I need to get things going. Loved all the ideas & the cookie recipe.
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney �o�
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2005, 03:28 AM   #20  
HB
Mad Swapper

What a fabulous post! I must have missed it the first time around, so THANK YOU PrideStampers for re-surfacing it.

My SCS gallery: HB
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2005, 06:23 AM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

What about making BB Games? I have done this in the past, people loved them. They are similar to shaker cards using the foam core, but instead of having shaker stuff, you make indentations in your bottom layer for the BBs to land.
Reply With Quote Likes