Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-30-2008, 09:07 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamping on Vellum - help please!

I was inspired by this card to try something similar:

http://anitas-hobbyblogg.blogspot.co...merhnglar.html

which I found through Sophia's Moonlight Inker Blog http://www.moonlight-inker.blogspot.com/

I stamped my image with Versamark on to the vellum and used SU's dazzling diamonds for the glitter and I really like how it came out but I don't know how to "set" the sparkle, so it won't rub off.

Any suggestions? Should I use something different to make the glitter stick to begin with, or use a different type of glitter?

In this case, I don't think asking the original creator of the card would help - might be a wee bit of a language barrier......
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2008, 09:11 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I think you have to use Heat & Stick embossing powder in order to get the Dazzling Diamonds to stick. I know SU sells a Heat & Stick product, but I think other manufacturer's do, as well. You might also try using a Glue Pad instead of the Versamark. Palette makes a glue pad, and I think Tsukineko makes one, too. Hope this helps!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2008, 09:14 AM   #3  
Mad Swapper

I use Heat and Stick powder over the Versamark - then apply the glitter to the heated up powder. Excess falls off, but coverage of glitter is great! I also use the Pallette Glue Pad, with good results.

For inks, I only use StazOn on vellum - I don't like waiting for pigment or water based inks to dry! I use markers or chalk to color in images.

Boy! Talk about your duplicate answer!! (tee-hee!)

Last edited by ddietsch; 05-30-2008 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: adding comment
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2008, 09:16 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by KayInFLView Post
I was inspired by this card to try something similar:

http://anitas-hobbyblogg.blogspot.co...merhnglar.html

which I found through Sophia's Moonlight Inker Blog http://www.moonlight-inker.blogspot.com/

I stamped my image with Versamark on to the vellum and used SU's dazzling diamonds for the glitter and I really like how it came out but I don't know how to "set" the sparkle, so it won't rub off.

Any suggestions? Should I use something different to make the glitter stick to begin with, or use a different type of glitter?

In this case, I don't think asking the original creator of the card would help - might be a wee bit of a language barrier......
The glitter won't stick permanently if you only stamped with Versamark; it's a watermark/embossing ink, and once dry, the glitter will more than likely flake off with very little abrasion. :(

To make the glitter stick permanently, you need to stamp with Versamark, and then apply a "sticky" embossing powder, like Simple Stick (by A Muse Artstamps--there are other brands; that's just the one I use after trying about 5-6 different kinds and find it to be the best one, due to its finer grind).

I'd suggest a Glue pad, for stamping the images, but, it seems people really have hit and miss permanency results with those, no matter what brand.

HTH,
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2008, 09:28 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Thanks a bunch for the quick responses. I'm going to try both suggested methods (heat n stick & a glue pad) and see which turns out best for me.

Much appreciated
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-30-2008, 09:37 AM   #6  
Gallery Gazer

Can't wait to see your creation, Kay! Wow, both of those cards are amazing...thanks for sharing. :grin:
Reply With Quote Likes