Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-20-2014, 07:09 AM   #1  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamper's Sampler Magazine

Does anyone else subscribe to this magazine? They are from Stampington & Company. They use very high quality paper and publish quarterly. Do you like the cards they publish, or are they a little over the top. Any recommendations on other card magazines?
Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2014, 08:00 AM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I do not subscribe, but I buy the magazine occasionally at the bookstore. I do like the cards, some are over the top but they have a variety of styles and levels of difficulty. Stampington also publishes "Take Ten" which I enjoy also. The cards are made in ten minutes or less and tend to be simpler.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2014, 09:33 AM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have subscribed in the past, but currently buy it by the issue. I like most of the cards, and if not, I'm usually interested in the techniques or ideas behind them. I prefer the older issues from more than five years ago, which I hoard and refer to a lot.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2014, 09:33 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 292 Likes on 127 Posts

I get both Stampers Sampler and Take Ten from time to time but they're rather pricey over on this side of the Pond!

If you live near any stores that stock UK magazines you might enjoy Craft Stamper - it tends to have quite a lot of technique-based stuff for the step-by-step articles so even if you don't necessarily like the finished project you can use the technique in your own way. There are regular features such as "Stamping Contrasts" where three designers use the same stamp/set to make two projects each so you see six different takes on the same stamp, a gallery of cards that can be made in around 15 minutes, one layer cards etc. There are usually stamped projects other than cards in the mix too. I know it does have US distribution so you might find it.

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2014, 12:47 PM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelnorthView Post
I get both Stampers Sampler and Take Ten from time to time but they're rather pricey over on this side of the Pond!

If you live near any stores that stock UK magazines you might enjoy Craft Stamper - it tends to have quite a lot of technique-based stuff for the step-by-step articles so even if you don't necessarily like the finished project you can use the technique in your own way. There are regular features such as "Stamping Contrasts" where three designers use the same stamp/set to make two projects each so you see six different takes on the same stamp, a gallery of cards that can be made in around 15 minutes, one layer cards etc. There are usually stamped projects other than cards in the mix too. I know it does have US distribution so you might find it.
Joanne, I love Craft Stamper, and it is rather pricey over on THIS side of the pond, LOL.

I pick it up occasionally when I go to Joann's, and I save each and every issue. Love to see what's going on in the stamping community in your part of the world.

Paula
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2014, 01:08 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

Is Craft Stamper the one that comes (or used to 7 ish years ago) with a stamp on the front?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2014, 01:18 PM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
Is Craft Stamper the one that comes (or used to 7 ish years ago) with a stamp on the front?
Yes, a clear stamp that's about 2" square. The cover does say "Unfortunately the free cover mount stamp is not available in the USA" but I'm sure I've seen people here on SCS say they've got it!

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Yes, a clear stamp that's about 2" square. The cover does say "Unfortunately the free cover mount stamp is not available in the USA" but I'm sure I've seen people here on SCS say they've got it!
oh I was just trying to refresh my memory from what I bought when I lived there. It was rubber back then. Definitely a great publication.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2014, 04:15 PM   #9  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,716 Likes on 649 Posts

Quote:

I really loved the Christmas December 2013 issue of this mag, which my husband surprised me with in my stocking. I got a photopolymer stamp with it, (I am in Canada). I had not noticed this magazine on our stands before, but now I check for it regularly. But don't always see it.Next time I am in the U.S. I will check Joanne's. Yes, it is pricey. Our price in Canada is $13.50. A real treat though.

Shirl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-20-2014, 10:19 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I used to love this mag but dont buy any these days. There is so much inspiration here and on pintrest.
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2014, 12:07 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
oh I was just trying to refresh my memory from what I bought when I lived there. It was rubber back then. Definitely a great publication.
I guess the cover mount stamp went to clear about five years ago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shirlb19View Post
I really loved the Christmas December 2013 issue of this mag, which my husband surprised me with in my stocking.
What a sweet thing for your husband to think of! (and I was the cover girl on that issue ;))

My blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2014, 04:00 AM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

I am a magazine junkie and my three faves are Take Ten, Scrapbooking and Beyond, and Scrap and Stamp Arts. I'm still not over the demise Scrapbooks Etc and Creating Keepsakes.
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2014, 05:25 AM   #13  
Compulsive Stamper

I get both Stamper's Sampler and Take Ten; really like both of them and can always find ideas, color combos, etc. to help when I need a bit of a jumpstart. The Catch-Up issue (now 400 More Ideas magazine) is a good one, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2014, 08:44 AM   #14  
Stampin' Fool

I Love both Stampers Sampler and Take Ten!

I do peruse the Gallery here, and Pinterest, but

I LOVE sitting in my favorite chair, with my favorite drink, and savoring a good Stamping magazine!
Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #15  
Linking Queen

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

While online inspiration is wonderful (esp. from this site!) sometimes one is ... not connected but can flip pages of a magazine. Plus ... we must all love paper to some degree and nothing beats turning a page!

Both magazines are among my favorites and some year hubby will get over the shock of the price and get me a subscription (hopefully both but if not Take Ten) so I don't miss any issues.

I hoard my magazines because ... they are beautiful, expensive and each time I look at them I am newly inspired. Some ideas may have been skipped over when I first got the issue because I may have been intimidated by the technique or not in need of kids' cards, etc. So I hold on to them only occasionally passing along an issue or three to other crafters.

My pile of magazines might be almost as high as my pile of cardstock (but none of these are that organized to find out LOL)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-21-2014, 01:43 PM   #16  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I love both Card Maker and Craft Ideas (formerly Crafts n Things). Unfortunately our industry JUST lost 2 magazines last week, Paper Creations and Scrapbooking and Beyond.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2014, 09:24 AM   #17  
Stazon Splitcoast

This one and Take Ten are my favorites although I do like Stampers Sampler better.

I don't think the cards are over the top in general - sure, there are some, but I find it's a nice selection of a variety of styles and techniques. Many of the cards don't even feature the "latest and greatest" components. Generally, I am inspired by it and I do love the quality of the publication itself, too.

Now to get some cards submitted ;) ....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2014, 09:30 AM   #18  
Compulsive Stamper

My Paper Creations subscription was up for renewal over the winter sometime and I did not renew. I'm glad I didn't because it's always "messy" when that happens. Although I liked the magazine, I knew I needed to cut back a bit.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2014, 01:42 PM   #19  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by lutheranView Post
I am a magazine junkie and my three faves are Take Ten, Scrapbooking and Beyond, and Scrap and Stamp Arts. I'm still not over the demise Scrapbooks Etc and Creating Keepsakes.
Mary Beth
I didn't know about Creating Keepsakes. Sorry to hear about it. I'm mostly a card maker, but CK was a really nice magazine. I'm still not over the demise of Rubber Stamper. Sob.
The Stampington magazines are nice, but tend to be pricey.
Dea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-22-2014, 06:26 PM   #20  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,386 Likes on 517 Posts

I subscribe to Stampers' Sampler and Memories (Stampington's scrapbooking magazine). I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Some cards are over the top and beautiful, some make me scratch my head and say, "To each his own", and many many others I mark with Post-Its, noting what it is I like about the card/project. The styles in the magazine seem to welcome all stampers at all levels and that is what I love about it. The love of stamping just shines from this publication.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-23-2014, 04:54 AM   #21  
Insane Embellisher

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by cnsteeleView Post
I subscribe to Stampers' Sampler and Memories (Stampington's scrapbooking magazine). I LOVE LOVE LOVE them! Some cards are over the top and beautiful, some make me scratch my head and say, "To each his own", and many many others I mark with Post-Its, noting what it is I like about the card/project. The styles in the magazine seem to welcome all stampers at all levels and that is what I love about it. The love of stamping just shines from this publication.
I'm not a scrapbooker, but I too love Memories. I get so many ideas from that magazine! I have a huge collection of most of Somerset's magazines, and I'm so glad they continue to publish in paper form. I'm at a computer all day at work, and I love being able to see art on a paper page after hours!
Reply With Quote Likes