Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-11-2005, 03:49 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stamp Your Heart Out Program

Someone in my hostess club suggested a few months ago that we do cards for this program in our January meeting. What a great way to kick off the new year - making cards for the troops! I am supplying cardstock and other items for everyone to make 4 cards. They can make more, but they will need to use their own cardstock. I have also invited other people not in our hostess club. I hope to be sending Keri a bundle off.

For those who have done this, what is the best TYPE of card to send? I was afraid it would be too late for Valentines day. I was thinking general "thinking of you" cards. I've read all the rules for the program and looked at all the scans in the SYHO gallery. Any other hints from people who have done this before?

I'm so excited about being a part of this!

Ginger
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 03:56 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Ginger,
The more general cards the better. Like Miss you , Love you Happy Birthday... you know those kinds rather than holiday based...since we really are not sure how long it takes for mail to get there and back...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 05:26 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Keri! I had someone come by today (she will be out of town for the hostess club meeting on Friday) to give me her order and she had time to make 2 cards. They were with All I Have Seen and turned out very nicely. She was so thrilled and said, "Just think - someone who gets this card from their loved one in Iraq may keep it - even scrapbook it - and it will still be here 50+ years from now!" And her cards are with the envelopes, able to be seen completely, zipped in their ziploc bags.

I was thinking generic cards would be better. Thinking of you can be turned into "thinking of you on your birthday" or anything else.

Oh, do people put their names on the back - like with the "handstamped by" or should we not do that?

Thanks for doing all this sorting and sending for this program. What a big job.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Sure add your name and email address too if you want...some do and they have gotten a response!
Reply With Quote Likes