Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Stamp Preferences - Rubber or Clear?
Photopolymer or other clear stamps 37 31.09%
Unmounted rubber (w/wo tacky glue on back) 11 9.24%
Rubber with cling cushion (EZ Mount or similar) 48 40.34%
Wood-mounted rubber 23 19.33%
Voters: 119. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #41
Die Cut Diva

Thanks for this. I just got an order from Blockheads (love that place) and had it all cut on cling as usual. Maybe next time... (which should be any minute now).

So the reasons for working with unmounted rubber is lower cost and easier storage?

RachelRose Designs by Robin... GALLERY

Last edited by Rachelrose; 08-25-2012 at 12:20 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:21 PM   #42
Proud Fan Club Member

I consolidate ALL of my crafting/stamping/sewing supplies as much as possible. All packaging gets ditched, for example, and none of my ribbons are on spools or clothespins or anything else. Unmounted rubber was a no-brainer for me! I've tried and tweaked several storage methods, and I'm pretty content with the current one (for now, lol!) For me the lower cost is a bonus, but not a deal-maker (or breaker). I buy images I like, regardless of rubber/clear/mounted/unmounted, but I always choose unmounted first if it's available...

Old 08-31-2012, 04:43 AM   #43
Rubber Obsessor

I have been a quilting kick lately, so haven't shown my stamps much love, but I really like cling mount rubber or unmounted rubber. I have a lot of clear stamps that I do use, but generally am not as happy with the impressions I get with those as I am with my rubber. And I don't like wood mount much because they take so much room. I've unmounted all my wood, and now only buy wood mount if I can't find the image any other way.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:30 AM   #44
Glitter Guru

I didn't vote because I like different types for different things. Like others have said, clear rubber would be perfect if it existed. I prefer the way my rubber stamps hold the ink but prefer clear stamps for placement. A perfect world for me would be clear rubber permanently mounted on gridded clear blocks with a clear index image for great placement ability (and unlimited space to store everything in).

But since there isn't clear rubber and all those clear blocks isn't environmentally friendly, I have more unmounted (bare) rubber stamps because they tend to be the cheapest (so I can buy more) and take up the least amount of space. I'm not a fan of having to mount and unmount the stamps every time I use them, but money and space is at a premium, so I buy and use more unmounted rubber stamps. I tend to use double sided poster tape on my blocks for attaching the rubber for use.