In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree31Likes
  • 1 Post By hsmom69
  • 4 Post By buggainok
  • 3 Post By Krysiad
  • 1 Post By hsmom69
  • 1 Post By hsmom69
  • 1 Post By binkiemonstermom
  • 1 Post By hsmom69
  • 4 Post By Scrapjanny
  • 2 Post By sc magnolia
  • 1 Post By cakhuxel
  • 2 Post By Ambelleina
  • 2 Post By xayide2
  • 2 Post By Ambelleina
  • 1 Post By sc magnolia
  • 2 Post By sc magnolia
  • 2 Post By Ambelleina
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default Smash Books.....

(I know I'm coming in a little late on them.) How many of you are making these and enjoying them? I've been wanting to start some kind of journal to keep track of crafts I want to do. I crochet/knit and I have a ton of craft ideas pinned on Pinterest. I often pin something and then forget about it. I'd also like a place to write down favorite scriptures/inspirational quotes. Just wondering if a smash book would be a good way to do this or if I should just get a nice journal.

And if you do use smash books, what brand is your favorite? The only craft store I have close is Hobby Lobby. I know I'd probably want to see them in person before buying.


TIA!
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Krysiad likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:42 PM   #2
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 125
Default

I love smash books and have made several as gifts. I have kept one for myself for exactly the same reasons as you. Have you considered making your own using your favorite papers, stamps, embellishments, etc.? I buy chipboard for the pages and use my crop-o-dile to punch holes and then ribbon to bind the book. I also go to Michaels which sells pre-punched chipboard books and I mod podge pretty paper backgrounds. This is probably more than you asked for, but if you want to make a smash book check out Youtube for great tutorials.

As for Holly Bobby, I know they carry artist sketch books in varying sizes and paper thickness, so you may want to try there. Of course, get your 40% off coupon first on their website. The same goes for Michaels. Good Luck and enjoy!
Krysiad is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #3
Watercolor Wizard
 
buggainok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 8,441
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysiad View Post
I love smash books and have made several as gifts. I have kept one for myself for exactly the same reasons as you. Have you considered making your own using your favorite papers, stamps, embellishments, etc.? I buy chipboard for the pages and use my crop-o-dile to punch holes and then ribbon to bind the book. I also go to Michaels which sells pre-punched chipboard books and I mod podge pretty paper backgrounds. This is probably more than you asked for, but if you want to make a smash book check out Youtube for great tutorials.

As for Holly Bobby, I know they carry artist sketch books in varying sizes and paper thickness, so you may want to try there. Of course, get your 40% off coupon first on their website. The same goes for Michaels. Good Luck and enjoy!
Have to tease you a bit about this - new craft store?
__________________
Bugga in OK

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
buggainok is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
Rubber Obsessor
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 125
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
Have to tease you a bit about this - new craft store?
LOL, I have yet to get the name of this store right! I've called it Holly Hobby, Hobbly gobbly...you name it, I've butchered it. Thanks for the laugh!
Krysiad is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
buggainok, thecountryrose and sc magnolia like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #5
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,050
Default

I have a Smash book that I'm using for the same things you mentioned: ideas and inspiration. I use the original Smash book, along with some of their products and other "stuff" added as I go along.
__________________
Jeanette
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #6
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
I have a Smash book that I'm using for the same things you mentioned: ideas and inspiration. I use the original Smash book, along with some of their products and other "stuff" added as I go along.


Is there a place where I can see the inside pages?
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
connie leone likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #7
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krysiad View Post
LOL, I have yet to get the name of this store right! I've called it Holly Hobby, Hobbly gobbly...you name it, I've butchered it. Thanks for the laugh!


Too funny!
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #8
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

Just found that the K&Company smash books/accessories are half off on Joann.com. Now to figure out which one I want and what accessories I need.
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Krysiad likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:22 PM   #9
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,160
Default

I have K&Company smash books. Recollections has some neat ones as well. So far I've got two on the go, one for a trip (that I didn't finish) and one for just random thoughts, ticket stubs and everyday fun stuff.

I also have an SU This and That (same idea) that I'm trying to decide what to do with. So many ideas!
__________________
Terri :)

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
3Fries is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 03:38 AM   #10
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

I placed an order thru Joann's for one of the K&Company smash books and some goodies to go with it last night. So excited!
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #11
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmom69 View Post
Is there a place where I can see the inside pages?
Do you mean the pages I've done? I'll try to take some pictures and post them later on in this thread.
__________________
Jeanette
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #12
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapjanny View Post
Do you mean the pages I've done? I'll try to take some pictures and post them later on in this thread.
I couldn't find pics of what the blank pages looked like but found some pics on Amazon. I'd still love to see some of your pages though.
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #13
Creative Crew SU Design Team
 
binkiemonstermom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,957
Default

I just did a post on my blog about my craft journal. It is to keep track of the cards I make. Feel free to check it out.
binkiemonstermom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Krysiad likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:22 AM   #14
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkiemonstermom View Post
I just did a post on my blog about my craft journal. It is to keep track of the cards I make. Feel free to check it out.
Great blog! Love the idea of using it to keep track of cards. I crochet/knit a lot and sometimes make modifications to patterns. I'm bad to not keep track of it for future reference. That's one thing I'm going to use my smash book for.
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
3Fries likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:38 AM   #15
Insane Embellisher
 
mastamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 974
Default

EK Success has some YouTube videos of the pages of some of their Smash books.

EKSuccess's channel - YouTube
__________________

Mary Ann

~~ My slowly growing gallery ~~
mastamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #16
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastamper View Post
EK Success has some YouTube videos of the pages of some of their Smash books.

EKSuccess's channel - YouTube
Oh cool! Thanks!
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:54 PM   #17
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,050
Default

I was able to take a few pictures tonight. Nothing fancy.
Attached Thumbnails
2013-07-17-20.53.41.jpg   2013-07-17-20.54.00.jpg   2013-07-17-20.53.52.jpg  
__________________
Jeanette
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:05 AM   #18
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

Looks great! Thanks for sharing Scrapjanny!
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:44 AM   #19
Creative Crew SU Design Team
 
sc magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmom69 View Post
I placed an order thru Joann's for one of the K&Company smash books and some goodies to go with it last night. So excited!
I love K & Company's paper. Are the pages in your book plain or patterned paper? I just got a This and That Journal (same thing different brand) to use for Christmas, and the pages are patterned paper. I love it, they are so pretty. I designed the cover yesterday and put it on my blog if you'd like to see.
__________________
My SU Website~Carole Parsons
My Blog
sc magnolia is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #20
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
I love K & Company's paper. Are the pages in your book plain or patterned paper? I just got a This and That Journal (same thing different brand) to use for Christmas, and the pages are patterned paper. I love it, they are so pretty. I designed the cover yesterday and put it on my blog if you'd like to see.
I haven't received my book yet but from the pics I saw online, at least some of the pages are patterned. I saw the cover of your book in a different thread this morning. I love it! I'm sooo excited to get mine and get started. I admit, I'm a bit nervous too.
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #21
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,160
Default

All of the pages in my Smash Books (K&Company) are patterned. Very cool and fun designs!
__________________
Terri :)

Paper Crafty Goals for 2013: 50/135 pages and 185/75 cards.
3Fries is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #22
Creative Crew SU Design Team
 
sc magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmom69 View Post
I haven't received my book yet but from the pics I saw online, at least some of the pages are patterned. I saw the cover of your book in a different thread this morning. I love it! I'm sooo excited to get mine and get started. I admit, I'm a bit nervous too.
I know what you mean, now that the cover is done, I'm a bit hesitant to go on and do the inside ya know? The pages are designed to be a holiday planner, you know with pages for decorating ideas, food/recipes, Christmas cards ideas and gift giving lists and wrapping ideas and a calendar to keep track of events. I'm pretty sure I don't want to use it for that. No kids at home any more and I'm not teaching any more, so there really aren't as many events to keep track of. I had in mind to do a Christmas Traditions Journal, with some recipes, decorating ideas, favorite carols, photos of some great Christmases etc. I dunno, I guess I'm still thinking. I just have too many ideas I guess!

I guess I'll make a list of all my ideas and then go from there.
__________________
My SU Website~Carole Parsons
My Blog
sc magnolia is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Mary Hammerschmidt and mamaxsix like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #23
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
I know what you mean, now that the cover is done, I'm a bit hesitant to go on and do the inside ya know? The pages are designed to be a holiday planner, you know with pages for decorating ideas, food/recipes, Christmas cards ideas and gift giving lists and wrapping ideas and a calendar to keep track of events. I'm pretty sure I don't want to use it for that. No kids at home any more and I'm not teaching any more, so there really aren't as many events to keep track of. I had in mind to do a Christmas Traditions Journal, with some recipes, decorating ideas, favorite carols, photos of some great Christmases etc. I dunno, I guess I'm still thinking. I just have too many ideas I guess!

I guess I'll make a list of all my ideas and then go from there.
I think your ideas sound perfect! Maybe when you get started, it'll all fall into place.
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #24
Die Cut Diva
 
Scrapjanny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The City That Never Sleeps
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmom69 View Post
Looks great! Thanks for sharing Scrapjanny!
You're welcome, and thank YOU.
__________________
Jeanette
Scrapjanny is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #25
Die Cut Diva
 
Allistamps123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: along the bluffs of the Mississippi River
Posts: 3,012
Default

I have the smash books by k & co. I use them like the old fashioned scrapbooks from the 50's to record fun things I do....I save ticket stubs, post cards, things from restaurants, etc. and journal about the fun day I had with family, hubby, friends.
__________________
All I want is the chance to prove money won't make me happy!
Allistamps123 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #26
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allistamps123 View Post
I have the smash books by k & co. I use them like the old fashioned scrapbooks from the 50's to record fun things I do....I save ticket stubs, post cards, things from restaurants, etc. and journal about the fun day I had with family, hubby, friends.
Sounds perfect! I can't wait to get mine and get started.
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:06 AM   #27
Rubber Obsessor
 
cakhuxel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 179
Default

I loved the idea of Smash Books, but I already carry a 6"x8" notebook where I make notes to myself, to-do lists, stuff I see or read, want to look up. You get the idea. One day I realized that if I just printed one or two of my photos really small I could glue them into that same notebook and then glue in whatever I had that I wanted to remember. I wrote about it here on my blog (An Easy Idea for Art Journaling (stARTing over)) The point was- I didn't need to run out and get all sorts of special embellishments and stuff. And it was so easy, just a glue stick. If anyone is interested I will scan some pages and post them. They look as good- if not better- than a purchased book, and 95% cheaper. I think you can tell how proud I am!
__________________
Thanks for reading my post! -c
Please visit my blog: stARTingoverblog
Certified Copic Intermediate Designer
cakhuxel is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
hsmom69 likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:31 AM   #28
Rubber Obsessor
 
Ambelleina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 120
Default

I'm also interested in this because I just started smashing! And by just started, I mean just last night lol! For the longest time, I told myself it was not my style, esp since I digitally scrap, but I realized I have a shoebox full of ticket stubs, wristbands, programs etc from all the stuff my bf and I have done in the 4 years of our relationship and I wanted to DO something with it all.

I bought myself the small pink folio, but yesterday in Target I saw they make a gigantic purple spiral binder, so I bought that just for him and I. The small pink will be just for all my fun stuff like boarding passes and numbers from runs i've done, etc. I started one page and I'm a bit unconfident about my smashing skills.
__________________
Ambelleina is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #29
Rubber Obsessor
 
Ambelleina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 120
Default

PS--

This is the folio I got at Target ; it's HUGE and it has several high-quality pockets and whatnot bound in. It's a great size for what I'm using it for, to document my relationship thus far, and I can even fit a mix CD in a plastic jewel case my boyfriend made me for Valentine's into a pocket. That to me is way cool, because I can easily access it down the line and have a soundtrack to the entire smash book.

There's also a cute thin paper envelope bound in and I used it to collect ALL the movie ticket stubs I have for us. I smashed a few that had fun stories, then put the rest in the envelope. Love that!
__________________
Ambelleina is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
hsmom69 and sc magnolia like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #30
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

I just got my smash book and goodies last night. I'm so excited to get started but honestly, a bit nervous too. Any pointers on getting started? Can you tell that I need to get out of the "planning" mode and just go with it? lol
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #31
Kookie Creator
 
xayide2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Farmington, UT
Posts: 385
Default

Just slap it in. Put it where it fits. Mix it up. I just use the pen and glue stick, and it still looks great.
xayide2 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
hsmom69 and sc magnolia like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:00 AM   #32
Rubber Obsessor
 
Ambelleina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmom69 View Post
I just got my smash book and goodies last night. I'm so excited to get started but honestly, a bit nervous too. Any pointers on getting started? Can you tell that I need to get out of the "planning" mode and just go with it? lol

I'm having this same issue. I'm a scrapper and card maker and I always plan what I'm going to do before I do it, so I'm having a hard time letting go as it were. I'm afraid it's going to show awkwardly that I can't just slap it together without caring about placement and flow...
__________________
Ambelleina is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Mary Hammerschmidt and hsmom69 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:20 PM   #33
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

Do you ladies start with doing the cover? Or do you even do anything with the cover?
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #34
Creative Crew SU Design Team
 
sc magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
I'm also interested in this because I just started smashing! And by just started, I mean just last night lol! For the longest time, I told myself it was not my style, esp since I digitally scrap, but I realized I have a shoebox full of ticket stubs, wristbands, programs etc from all the stuff my bf and I have done in the 4 years of our relationship and I wanted to DO something with it all.

I bought myself the small pink folio, but yesterday in Target I saw they make a gigantic purple spiral binder, so I bought that just for him and I. The small pink will be just for all my fun stuff like boarding passes and numbers from runs i've done, etc. I started one page and I'm a bit unconfident about my smashing skills.
I'm just getting into digital scrapping. I am soooo anxious to finish a book and sent in to be printed and bound into a hardback book I am soooo delighted to find all the amazing things on software already made for me to use. I'm used to creating everything from scratch on Photoshop.
__________________
My SU Website~Carole Parsons
My Blog
sc magnolia is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Ambelleina likes this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #35
Creative Crew SU Design Team
 
sc magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsmom69 View Post
Do you ladies start with doing the cover? Or do you even do anything with the cover?
I started with the covers.
iw-17720131766813.jpg

img_20130505_223036.jpg
__________________
My SU Website~Carole Parsons
My Blog
sc magnolia is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Mary Hammerschmidt and hsmom69 like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:59 PM   #36
Rubber Obsessor
 
Ambelleina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
I'm just getting into digital scrapping. I am soooo anxious to finish a book and sent in to be printed and bound into a hardback book I am soooo delighted to find all the amazing things on software already made for me to use. I'm used to creating everything from scratch on Photoshop.

It's an excellent way to put all those digital photos to use, especially the day to day ones you wouldn't want to spend lots of $$$/scrap supplies on. I'm part of an established digi scrapping site/community where there's lots of freebies to start you off and everyone is superduper friendly and helpful (they helped me a lot when I was first starting out!). If you're ever curious about it, PM me and I'll let you know more.
__________________
Ambelleina is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #37
Rubber Obsessor
 
Ambelleina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc magnolia View Post
I started with the covers.
Attachment 278217

Attachment 278218

Whoa, those are so pretty. I didn't even consider doing anything to the cover! The first fun side effect I've found to smashing is that I am now looking for fun stuff to do so I can smash the ticket stubs and whatnot. I went to the movies tonight with the bf so I'd have a specific stub to stick in there. ^_^
__________________
Ambelleina is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
hsmom69 and sc magnolia like this post.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:20 PM   #38
Polyshrink Goddess
 
hsmom69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 749
Default

Love those covers sc magnolia!

Ambellina, so funny that you went to the movies so you'd have something to smash about. I've seen some beautiful digi pages but wouldn't know where to start and really don't need something else to get hooked on. lol
__________________
Lisa
2013 Scrapbook goal-getting my grandson's scrapbook caught up before grandbaby #2 arrives. June goal 7/12. July 9/10.
hsmom69 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:23 PM   #39
Creative Crew SU Design Team
 
sc magnolia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 3,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambelleina View Post
It's an excellent way to put all those digital photos to use, especially the day to day ones you wouldn't want to spend lots of $$$/scrap supplies on. I'm part of an established digi scrapping site/community where there's lots of freebies to start you off and everyone is superduper friendly and helpful (they helped me a lot when I was first starting out!). If you're ever curious about it, PM me and I'll let you know more.
Thanks Christina, I'll keep that in mind. Right now, I'm working on two This and That Journals and a digital album, along with things for a vendor fair, and a couple classes I'm teaching. My normally neat studio has project piles all over the place!
__________________
My SU Website~Carole Parsons
My Blog
sc magnolia is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off