Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-12-2009, 05:32 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sizzix or ups, who am I madder at?

I ordered some stuff from sizzix on their Tues. special day. It was to be delievered on Monday along with my Zutter package and my son's package which needed to be signed for.

The Zutter package came. The package for my son came and was just dropped off, not signed for. Later that night I went to the ups site to see about my sizziz package. It was dropped off at the side door according to the ups site.

I emailed sizzix the next day (Tues) to ask them to start a trace on the package. Sizzix called to tell me that I had to go to all my neighbors to ask them if they got my package.

There are 10 houses on my side of the street. There are 8 houses on the other side. That is 18 houses. Do I stop there? Do I have to ask the street behind me? How about XYZ Street 4 blocks from here? I live on XYZ Ave. and XYZ street is 4 blocks from here. Do I have to ask all those houses?

I emailed sizzix that I went to 8 out the 18 houses and no package.

I just need to vent. I don't think it is fair that I have to track down my missing package. Not when 3 packages were expected, two came and ups failed to get one package signed for. Yes, someone was home.

Betty
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 05:38 AM   #2  
Inking Addict

I had this happen when I was in the states (the site said it was delivered and it wasn't). We called our local UPS hub and they were able to ask the specific driver that delivered to our house. Can't hurt to try that. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 05:56 AM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

This happened to my new son-in-law with my daughter's christmas present. They still haven't resolved it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 06:01 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by saralooberryView Post
I had this happen when I was in the states (the site said it was delivered and it wasn't). We called our local UPS hub and they were able to ask the specific driver that delivered to our house. Can't hurt to try that. Good luck.
This is what I would do. There's no reason you should have to try and find which house (if any) it was delivered to.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 07:16 AM   #5  
ajm
Insane Embellisher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know where you live, but in Minnesota the law says the sender needs to prove you received something or send a replacement. I don't think that involves you checking with all the neighbors.

Ann
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 07:25 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

I would take the above advice as soon as possible and see if the actual driver recalls placing a package there. I'm not sure how it would be your fault, but then not sure whose fault it is.... guess it depends what actually happened to it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Default hi

emailed Sizzix again to ask them to start the tracer process. I think sizzix has to start. I will call ups and master card.

thanks
I am in Wis and it is cold outside.

Betty
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

The same thing happened to me with a batch of bank checks I had ordered. I had to put a stop payment on all the checks (no charge) and reorder them. A neighbor brought them over a few months later saying that they had been delivered to their house and they didn't look at the name-just stuck them up in the cupboard where they keep their checks-they didn't notice that they had the wrong name on them until they went to use them . . .At least the bank didn't make me go ask all the neighbors about them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-12-2009, 02:32 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Just out of curiosity, have you checked the ups site to track the packages you DID receive? Especially, the one you should have signed for? Is it possible the driver scanned the delivery for one package (the one you didn't get) but left another package not realizing there were more? And the other package is still on his truck. A driver for Fed Ex Ground told me that some drivers will leave it on the truck to deliver the next day if it gets too late to deliver. They are not required to empty the truck!

I once had Fed Ex Ground claim to have delivered several boxes from a Pampered Chef party, but I was missing a box. They insisted that all the boxes had been delivered. I got a phone call from a very honest woman 1 1/2 hrs away from me. She had had a PC party and had MY box delivered to her but was missing a box from her order. She had the right number of boxes, but one was MINE! She was very honest and called Fed Ex to pick it up! Most people would have just kept the box. No one would have been the wiser!
Reply With Quote Likes