Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 10-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simon Says Stamp

Hi stampers! I was just wondering if any of you had a slow shipping time with "Simon Says Stamp?" I place an order on the 29th and it has not shipped. I emailed them on the 2nd and was told that they are a bit behind their normal shipping schedule and it should ship out in the next day or two. Unfortunately it still has not shipped, :( Was just curious to anybody else's experience.

Thank-you!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

They don't have the fastest service. I order with them frequently and sometimes it has taken at least a week for my items to ship, especially if I order around a weekend. They have always been reliable and I always receive my order with no problems. I just don't order any items I need ASAP.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

I don't know if this has anything to do with their current delay in shipping, but I just finished a month long on-line art journaling class and am also signed up for Tim Holtz online Creative Chemistry 102 that starts on Monday. Both these classes offer discounted supplies though Simon Says Stamp. Perhaps there have been an increase in orders recently due to this?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My last order with them WAS a little slower than it has been in the past. But I did get it in about 12 days c
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2013, 02:47 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never had a problem, yes shipping can take up to 2 weeks, but my orders are always perfect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-06-2013, 03:32 AM   #6  
Mad Swapper

Thank-you everyone for your in put! As the saying goes patience is a virtue !! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #7  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

They are a great store with a great selection of products, but they are slower in shipping than most other stores. You just have to know this going into your order. I've discovered if you need things ASAP, you should order elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #8  
Rubber Obsessor

Check your order for any reserve items. If you have a Reserve Item on your invoice, your order won't be shipped until the reserve item is available. I always make sure there are no reserve items in my cart when I want it shipped right away.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Default SSS just had a holiday release?

I think they just released a bunch of Christmas theme products under their brand so they might be swamped. I've ordered a few times and I think I remember it taking awhile.

That is a major bummer though. Us crafters want our new lovely things ASAP!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #10  
Mad Swapper

Rec'd an email today that my order has shipped, finally!! Nothing was on reserve!

Thanks everyone for your input!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

I like their variety, but find that a lot of newer items go out of stock. I had my shopping cart full and was waiting for one item to come back in stock, and when it did, something else in my cart went out of stock. This has happened to me a few times.

The shipping time has been fine for me, but I didn't need anything urgently.

I really love Kristina Werner's handwriting and any of her stamps/dies. The SSS line of stamps/dies sets them apart from other vendors who carry a similar variety.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Still waiting on my order! This was the first time I ordered from them and probably the last. :?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2013, 07:48 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

And the waiting continues... Totally ridiculous. Tomorrow is a holiday too, no mail!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2013, 10:52 AM   #14  
Kookie Creator

Default Simon Says - totally agree so frustrating!

Connie, I was just going to post the same question. I ordered about the same time you did and as of today mine has still not shipped. I emailed them too on Thursday and got the same response you did. They are a little behind then normal and that they usually ship in 3 days. I have ordered from them in the past and my orders have NEVER shipped in 3 days. I usually order knowing that I won't see it for at least 2 weeks or more. I want thing faster then that. I order from creative play when I can, they ship in 48hrs or less. I wanted my Simon Says order for the TIm Holtz 102 class, so much for that. I sign up for these online card classes and they often use Simon Says only products and I just have to strap on my patience belt and wait. So Frustrating! SO glad that I am not alone and they take way to long to ship.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #15  
Stampin' Fool

Connie,

I'm so sorry you're having to wait for your order!

I placed an order with Simon Says (only my 3rd order ever from them) on the evening of Oct 1. The Post Office got it on Oct 7, and it was delivered on Oct 9. Your order was placed before mine, so it definitely should have shipped earlier.

Please keep us updated with what happens.

Mary
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #16  
Mad Swapper

I rec'd an email on the 8th that my order has shipped, but find that hard to believe since I have not yet rec'd it. I saw a card they did and liked it so I ordered 2 of the items from them, both in stock. It wasn't urgent but I do like to receive my items in a reasonable time. They charge us right away so I would expect my items ship within a reasonable amount of time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-13-2013, 08:16 PM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

What is the reason for slow shipping? Other companies can ship the same day the order is received. Two, come to mind.....Midwest Scrapbooking and Chic and Savvy Crafters. I'm sure there are others too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #18  
Glitter Guru

Connie, if you log into your account, you can get the tracking number for your package. You can track it on the USPS website. If you haven't received it yet, my guess is that it hasn't made it to the post office yet. I, too, placed an order on 9/30 and another on 10/5. Both orders were shipped on the 9th, and received on the 11th. I suspect that what wasn't RESERVED when you placed your order has since gone "out of stock." They're inventory tracking system is not very accurate - among other things. Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

HI Connie! I have read some terrible stories on here about SSS so I have never ordered there. I am sorry you are experiencing these issues and can understand that frustration. I don't understand the indifference from merchants. I mean, they are selling WANTS, not NEEDS. Just wanted to say hi and say how service like this is dissappointing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-15-2013, 02:30 AM   #20  
Mad Swapper

@ karolyn, thank-you! I went to my account, it says shipped! No trackimg # just a confirmation# . My email says it shipped on the 8th. What terrible service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 04:02 AM   #21  
Mad Swapper

Still waiting!!! Unbelievable, will never order from them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 04:20 AM   #22  
Full of Malarky

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Personally, I will not order for Simon Says Stamp. Quite a few years ago I tried dealing with them while they were an ebay store. The feedback was not good from customers and Simon Says Stamp answered replies to customers ( if they bothered answering at all ) in the most sarcastic and unprofessional way. I found them VERY SLOW and after ordering several different times from Simon Says Stamps . I will never order from them again.

And I order from a multitude of companies and I've never had a problem with any but Simon Says Stamp.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #23  
Kookie Creator

Default still waiting too

I got an email saying order had shipped too and I went to Simon Says website found my tracking code under order history and then put it in the USPS tracking and there is no package with the USPS for that #er. Crazy??!!! And very frustrating! I had trouble earlier this summer with an order that almost took a month and they said it had been shipped and that it was the carriers' fault but it had never left their area until I said I wanted my $$$ back and the next day magically my order was moving....... I love to do these online classes and Simon Says is usually linked to the supplies so I fall into ordering from them again and then I reminded why I don't order from Simon Says. I am a huge fan of Jennifer McGuire and Krisina Werner and they design for Simon Says and that is often how I get sucked back in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #24  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I have never ordered from them and I cannot imagine that I ever will order from them. My first exposure to their company was on eBay and their feedback was a big red flag and it still is on eBay. Then I read various posts on SCS and there were too many customers having bad experiences. It's a shame because I miss out on things that I want that I can only get from SSS but to me it's not worth the hassle. I prefer to give my money and my business to company's that value me as a customer and treat me well.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 03:24 PM   #25  
Mad Swapper

I emailed SSS this morning b4 going to work and asked if they knew where my order was. I do not have a tracking # so I'm assuming it did not shipped as they said it did. I also asked them to credit my card! Needless to say I did not receive a reply to my email. This was a first time order with them and my LAST.

Such a bad way to business in my opinion. I'm sure there are many other companies that carry the same craft items we need/want with much better shipping & customer service. Not only do they have my $$$ but my items too! :mad:

Anyone considering placing an order with them, I advise you not too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I HATE to see this kind of cruddy behavior from ANY company. It really burns my britches! (Whew, not sure where that sentiment came from but it was the only thing I could think of lol)

Most companies, including my own, ship within 1-3business days. I just don't understand how some of these larger companies can have such crummy shipping/packing times?! What is the hold up? I don't get it.

It's frustrating because I really like some of their SSS brand stuff that I would like to add some to my personal stash, but I've heard too many bad experiences about them & I have one bad experience of my own with them. I absolutely adore Kristina Werner, so it is kind of surprising that she would work with a company that is getting such a bad rep.

On another note, I was an affiliate for them for a long time (linking to products), and their commission rate was 2%. That isn't even worth for most people. Normal commissions I have seen are like 5-10%. Anyway, maybe 2 weeks ago, I got an email saying their affiliate commission is now .05% NOT FIVE PERCENT, one 20th of one percent!! I wrote to them and was like "Seriously?! Most companies offer 5-10% and 2 was already pretty bad." They wrote me back some blanket thing and within a week they had dropped me from the affiliate program. Nice way to treat someone who links to your website.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #27  
Pearl-ExPert

Connie, I am so sorry for your experience. Did you pay via Paypal by any chance? If they didn't ship within 7 days of your order, they are breaking the Paypal rules. And you can open a dispute through Paypal no matter if they shipped within 7 days or not if you don't have your items in a reasonable amount of time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 05:02 PM   #28  
Mad Swapper

Hi Samantha, thank-you for your reply. I did pay by paypal (I think!!) and will look into it tomorrow.

I really don't like bashing or bad mouthing a company but this is just ridiculous and poor customer service.

Somebody else posted that they placed an order I believe after I did and already received it. I'm glad for her, that she did receive her stuff!

As the saying goes live & learn!

Thanks again for chiming in!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #29  
Mad Swapper

I did pay for my order by paypal and just opened a dispute :mad:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 05:19 PM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by westiemomView Post
HI Connie! I have read some terrible stories on here about SSS so I have never ordered there. I am sorry you are experiencing these issues and can understand that frustration. I don't understand the indifference from merchants. I mean, they are selling WANTS, not NEEDS. Just wanted to say hi and say how service like this is dissappointing.
I totally agree! Merchants should be bending over backwards to make happy customers. I find it an easy concept so I just don't get why some other companies don't have that same mindset.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-16-2013, 05:29 PM   #31  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by thescrapmasterView Post
I HATE to see this kind of cruddy behavior from ANY company. It really burns my britches! (Whew, not sure where that sentiment came from but it was the only thing I could think of lol)

Most companies, including my own, ship within 1-3business days. I just don't understand how some of these larger companies can have such crummy shipping/packing times?! What is the hold up? I don't get it.

It's frustrating because I really like some of their SSS brand stuff that I would like to add some to my personal stash, but I've heard too many bad experiences about them & I have one bad experience of my own with them. I absolutely adore Kristina Werner, so it is kind of surprising that she would work with a company that is getting such a bad rep.

On another note, I was an affiliate for them for a long time (linking to products), and their commission rate was 2%. That isn't even worth for most people. Normal commissions I have seen are like 5-10%. Anyway, maybe 2 weeks ago, I got an email saying their affiliate commission is now .05% NOT FIVE PERCENT, one 20th of one percent!! I wrote to them and was like "Seriously?! Most companies offer 5-10% and 2 was already pretty bad." They wrote me back some blanket thing and within a week they had dropped me from the affiliate program. Nice way to treat someone who links to your website.
Sounds like a bad company all the way around, poor customer service and not much respect for their employees/affiliates.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2013, 09:09 AM   #32  
Swapper of the Month - January 2014

I will share that I am one of Samantha's customers. I have bought the stamp and die storage systems and Samantha, you and your company have been WONDERFUL to do business with
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #33  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by connie leoneView Post
@ karolyn, thank-you! I went to my account, it says shipped! No trackimg # just a confirmation# . My email says it shipped on the 8th. What terrible service.
Hi Connie!

I'm so sorry that this is still a continuing problem for you! I'm attaching a photo clip of what one of my invoices looks like. Notice at the far right corner, next to Confirmation No., is a box for Shipment Tracking? Does your invoice have this and is there a number in it? That's the USPS tracking number. Someone mentioned above that they got a shipping notice and when they placed the tracking number into the USPS tracking system, it didn't exist. That has been my experience many times!! I've also called them, complained, been told that the USPS lost the package, and then mysteriously it appears in the USPS tracking system and is delivered a few days later. You KNOW these packages are in the warehouse or on someone's desk and have been forgotten!! Sometimes, if you're persistent in making numerous phone calls, this gets a fire lit under their behinds. But it should never have to be like that.

I can tell you from first hand experience that the online classes are amazing (I love taking them), and that Ellen Hutson offers many of the same items that SSS does (with the exception of the SSS exclusives, of course) with the same discount. Her service is second to none - and she's an awesome human being to boot!! I know this doesn't help you now, but for the future . . .

Still hoping that it all works out for you, Connie!
Attached Thumbnails
Simon Says Stamp-sss-clip.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #34  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have also had problems with USPS tracking numbers being unreliable. Sometimes they don't even show until the package is delivered. This is why I always select UPS whenever a company offers it as an option, even if it means paying a bit more for shipping. I hope you get your package soon. I looked through all my past invoices and they all have tracking numbers. It's concerning that there is not one listed on yours.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #35  
Mad Swapper

I did find a tracking # on the invoice. When I looked before, I did not go to my invoice??!! Anyways, it is out for delivery so it should be here today!!

Thanks everyone for your input!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2013, 02:12 PM   #36  
Insane Embellisher

Isn't Simon Says an SCS Member Company? Has anyone tried posting in their forum section to see if they might offer some help there?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2013, 03:43 PM   #37  
Mad Swapper

Default Order received

Finally received my order today!! Also received an email from SSS saying that oh I see your order is set for delivery today, must have got held up at the post office. The date that is on the label is the same day they said it was shipped. So I'm inclined to think that it was just sitting on someones desk!

None the less the shipping was extremely slow. 9 days after the order was placed and then how many days after that that it actually went to the post office.

In my opinion not a good way to do business and poor customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #38  
Glitter Guru

Quote:

Originally Posted by connie leoneView Post
Finally received my order today!! Also received an email from SSS saying that oh I see your order is set for delivery today, must have got held up at the post office. The date that is on the label is the same day they said it was shipped. So I'm inclined to think that it was just sitting on someones desk!

None the less the shipping was extremely slow. 9 days after the order was placed and then how many days after that that it actually went to the post office.

In my opinion not a good way to do business and poor customer service.
So glad you finally got your order . . . it must have been a miracle!! LOL I guarantee it had something to do with your calls and emails that made them finally get off their duffs and do something!! So annoying!! Sadly, you won't be the last one to have this same complaint. And as long as people order from them, it won't stop. Ugh!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #39  
Mad Swapper

Default Thanks karolyn!

Quote:

Originally Posted by garkarlonView Post
So glad you finally got your order . . . it must have been a miracle!! LOL I guarantee it had something to do with your calls and emails that made them finally get off their duffs and do something!! So annoying!! Sadly, you won't be the last one to have this same complaint. And as long as people order from them, it won't stop. Ugh!
Thank-you Karolyn, glad I got it too! You're right as long as people keep ordering nothing will change!

I knew I had ordered 2 things and I could only remember 1 of them, lol. I had ordered 1 of their dies and a Hero Arts Cling stamp set!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 10-17-2013, 06:28 PM   #40  
Kookie Creator

Default YA!

So glad you got your order! Have fun with your new goodies! I am sure you are right about it sitting on someones desk, I have never seen USPS just leave something lying around. USPS moves it as soon as they receive it. Simon Says can print labels any time they want, that doesn't mean it is actually in USPS hands. I will keep my fingers crossed for my order, still waiting!
Reply With Quote Likes