Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-26-2006, 04:52 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Sesame Street 1st Year Birthday Stuff

Hi Everyone,

Well, I know Michael is only 7 1/2 months old but I was sitting here thinking about his first birthday. I guess he is growing so fast I know it will be here before you know it.

We would like to do a Sesame Street theme. The party will need to be budget wise and as well, really will be mostly adults (although kids at heart).

Can anyone suggest some ideas besides the invites that can be stamped? I will probably have a game or two as well.

Kindof silly going to all this work for a 1 year old........but he's our 1 year old!

When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 10:21 PM   #2  
Stampin' Fool

Not silly at all! My son's first birthday was Elmo themed. I only stamped the inviations, but you could stamp little treat bags for any kids--use white lunch sacks and stamp their name on it--add Elmo cut outs---(circle/ovals). My friend used the Flower from Sketch It (retired) to make Elmo----super cute! Check out the gallery for samples.
Since my son was too small to really know what was going on, I did adult games. I had Sesame Street Triva and Guess How Many Cookies in Cookies' Cookie Jar.
I did have some older kids there, so I did Pin the Elmo nose on Kyle--took a picture of my son in an Elmo party hat and put all of his Elmos around him. I used my photo editing software to add Happy 1st Birthday, Kyle! and had it blown up poster size at Kinko's. I cut out red noses from cardstock. I also made an Oscar trash can by taping foil around my husband's metal sports trash can. I printed out Oscar head from the Sesame Street website and drew his hands. The kids just threw crumpled up paper (trash) in it. I also made a counting book for each child using pictures off the website.
I am a bit obsessed with my son's parties, though! We just threw his 3rd birthday--dinosaur themed! Good luck with your party!
Attached Thumbnails
Sesame Street 1st Year Birthday Stuff-300_elmo0005.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: doc Sesame Street Trivia.doc (134.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: doc How many cookies fit in Cookie Monster.doc (121.0 KB, 8 views)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 10:22 PM   #3  
Stampin' Fool

Wow---I had spaces inserted in there to make it easier to read! Not sure what happened!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2006, 05:34 AM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

I had a Sesame Street party for DS last year. I made the invitations with stickers I found at the party store. They are really simple, but the hard part was finding cardstock and patterned paper to match the colors. I also did matching thank you notes. For the tea sandwiches, I made Sesame Street toothpicks. I took a square sticker and backed it with a small piece of cardstock and stuck it to the toothpick. These were a hit with the older kids who played with them. This isn't SS related, but I took a #1 cookie cutter and cut out tortillas, baked them and served them with the dip.

If you PM me with your email address, I'd be happy to send you a link to my kodak album with these items in it. None of it is fancy, but it might spark some ideas.

Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2006, 07:16 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

hmmm, you could actually do name tags if there are going to be some people that dont know each other ( like i had family down from out of state that my florida family didnt know so name tags and relationship to so and so would have worked out good for this course you only learn from expiriences)

also what about jello jigglers? I know i have seen molds for this.... you can even do a jello mold of elmo or big bird with a cake pan or something along those lines.... cookie cutters work also but are a pain... less work the happier i am at least a mold if you spray it non stick stuff if should be fine and the mold can stand by itself leaning on something in the fridge till jello is solid

if you have older kids you can do the above elmo nose game or find a picture of snuffleupagus and pin the tail on him. ( my son we did a dump truck party so i made a truck and some rocks and had them try to pu the rock in the bulldozers " shovel" really cute)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-27-2006, 04:46 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by cackrc
Not silly at all! My son's first birthday was Elmo themed. I only stamped the inviations, but you could stamp little treat bags for any kids--use white lunch sacks and stamp their name on it--add Elmo cut outs---(circle/ovals). My friend used the Flower from Sketch It (retired) to make Elmo----super cute! Check out the gallery for samples.
Since my son was too small to really know what was going on, I did adult games. I had Sesame Street Triva and Guess How Many Cookies in Cookies' Cookie Jar.
I did have some older kids there, so I did Pin the Elmo nose on Kyle--took a picture of my son in an Elmo party hat and put all of his Elmos around him. I used my photo editing software to add Happy 1st Birthday, Kyle! and had it blown up poster size at Kinko's. I cut out red noses from cardstock. I also made an Oscar trash can by taping foil around my husband's metal sports trash can. I printed out Oscar head from the Sesame Street website and drew his hands. The kids just threw crumpled up paper (trash) in it. I also made a counting book for each child using pictures off the website.
I am a bit obsessed with my son's parties, though! We just threw his 3rd birthday--dinosaur themed! Good luck with your party!

This sounds great. Your picture is too cute. Thanks for the ideas. Do you have the answers for the trivia?

When the world says, "Give up," Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
Reply With Quote Likes