Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-02-2010, 05:48 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scrapbooks and More - Knoxville TN closing

Another LSS closing. Just received an e-mail from Scrapbooks and More in Knoxville Tennessee that said it was closing. This has been a great store for 10 years. It renewed my love for crafting about 4 years ago, introduced me to stamping in a new light, and is where I first learned about my now beloved Copic Markers. I am sad to see it close. Guess I will need to travel to Atlanta more often now.:(
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2010, 06:24 AM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

It's so sad any time a LSS closes. Each time I hear of one closing, my heart breaks a little bit. :(

Anita Be Stampin (my blog)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2010, 08:32 AM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Wow, I am really sad to hear this. I lived in Knoxville when they first opened and were in a small corner store near the current location. I remember arriving early for crops and helping move racks of merchandise to make room for the crop table. Then they moved into the new and much larger location. What a great selection they always had. I moved away from Knoxville almost 6 years ago, but I always made a point to stop in the store when I was in town. Again, all I can say is SAD.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2010, 10:38 AM   #4  
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I was just in there yesterday and they said she was till in talks but that if it fell through she would be closing. From what I can gather though this is NOT a sign of the economy this is a desire to spend more time with her family including her son who I believe will be graduating this year.

And, for what it's worth there is another scrapbook store in Knoxville over on Hall of Fame Dr (which is about 5 minutes from where I teach)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2010, 11:18 AM   #5  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

From what I can gather though this is NOT a sign of the economy this is a desire to spend more time with her family including her son who I believe will be graduating this year.

And, for what it's worth there is another scrapbook store in Knoxville over on Hall of Fame Dr (which is about 5 minutes from where I teach)
Tamijo - Yeah. It was a family thing (according to her e-mail). It is just sad as they are all a great bunch of gals and I will miss going in an chatting with them.

I have not been to Scrappin in the City since it moved to its latest location. It didn't have a lot of stamps when it was in the old location, or at least I had trouble finding different ones, because they were spread out in the themed sections. However, I am going to pop up there soon and see what they have. It is just MUCH farther from me (a whole 15 miles or so).
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2010, 11:45 AM   #6  
Chat Box Chicks Good Girl

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lainy67View Post
Tamijo - Yeah. It was a family thing (according to her e-mail). It is just sad as they are all a great bunch of gals and I will miss going in an chatting with them.

I have not been to Scrappin in the City since it moved to its latest location. It didn't have a lot of stamps when it was in the old location, or at least I had trouble finding different ones, because they were spread out in the themed sections. However, I am going to pop up there soon and see what they have. It is just MUCH farther from me (a whole 15 miles or so).
yeah, with school not in session I am not getting over there but I may have to make a trip there sometime in the next week or so. I will miss them being there too :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2010, 09:14 PM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

I was also sad to read this. I hope the talks that are in the works work out! I went to Scrappin in the city one time. Scrapbooks and more is definitely closer for me!
Reply With Quote Likes