Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-01-2006, 12:16 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ?s re: lunch tins

Hey ladies,
I actually attemped to do a lunch tin last night and have some questions for those of you who make them.
1. How do you cover the top? The SCS tutorial says to paint but I want to use coordinating paper..how do you get around the handle? I think I bought a smaller box then the template from the tutorial...which brings me to my next question...
2. does anyone have a template for the small tin?
3. When I adhered my paper to the front, it wasn't flushed up against the notch...is it suppose to be? Again it probably won't be for me since I must have gotten a smaller sized tin.
4. How do you avoid getting bubbles..I used modge podge and I pressed out any bubbles I saw but I still had some. I know some have used the double sided tape, does that work as well and did you seal the paper once you were done?
Any advice/tips would be great...I really enjoyed doing it and for the first time doing one it really doesn't look to bad...but of course with practice I am sure I will get better!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't decorate the top of my tin. I did buy the acrylic template from http://www.thecardladies.com/SimplyPerfectTools.htm. They probably have the template that you need for your tin. I used Modge Podge for mine and just had to keep smoothing the paper down. It seemed to eventually turn out better once I just left it alone. (Like the bubbles went down on their own somehow.) I'm such a perfectionist that I found this project to be very stressful. ;) I do have two more tins to decorate, but I think I'm going to attempt to use alcohol inks and a little paper. Although I haven't been able to find the alcohol inks that I bought last week. (They disappeared.)

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-01-2006, 12:38 PM   #3  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

THANK YOU!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes