Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2007, 04:53 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default quick unmounting question

I am unmounting all my stamps, I used goof off to remove sticky off the back and it made the stamp curl a little, is this going to hurt the stamp? Can I just leave the sticky on the back of the stamp as long as I get the foam off? Also will lighter fluid work I cant find undo anywhere now. TIA Pam

Last edited by misbehavin121; 09-29-2007 at 05:23 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2007, 05:32 AM   #2  
Glitter Guru

I used a tiny bit of goo gone on a paper towel when I unmounted mine. I put ez mount foam on the back of my stamps tho, so I didnt have to worry so much about residual glue because the foam took care of it.

I don't think I would use lighter fluid tho...there is the possibility of it harming the rubber....but I am really not sure.
Faerey Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2007, 06:28 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by misbehavin121View Post
I am unmounting all my stamps, I used goof off to remove sticky off the back and it made the stamp curl a little, is this going to hurt the stamp? Can I just leave the sticky on the back of the stamp as long as I get the foam off? Also will lighter fluid work I cant find undo anywhere now. TIA Pam
Some products, and I think Goof Off is one, say not to use on rubber or latex or something. I had trouble finding UnDu too. My Michael's had it in the fine arts section, I believe. I didn't find that it worked as well as I'd hoped. I bought about 3 adhesive remover products and kicked myself later. On some stamps, there is very little adhesive left, it's not particularly gooey and you can roll it off with your finger. Some are moderately gooey and I roll the adhesive off with my finger. It takes some time but... If there is goo across all or most of the rubber, I just leave it. I know the EZ Mount instructions say to clean them and maybe I'll have to remount some of them later, but those stamps are in the minority for me so I just took my chances. HTH a little.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2007, 06:35 AM   #4  
Mad Swapper

A little olive oil will also help to remove the goo. Just wash with a mild soap and water when done.

As for me, I haven't had any problems with stamps I left the goo on and then mounted with ez mount. Some have been that way for 4 years. Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes