Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-06-2009, 09:04 AM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Questions for TAC Demos

I currently am a CTMH Consultant, but am looking at switching to The Angel Company. I already have a demo, but she has been more of a hobbiest lately and says she is a little out of the loop. So I thought I'd come here and ask my SCS sisters for some help.

For those of you with CTMH, please don't flame me for wanting to switch. I just feel like CTMH is no longer meeting my needs personally. Especially since the majority of what I do is craft shows and selling cards. I am looking for a more liberal angel policy. Also, I think my tastes have changed in the 3 years since I joined CTMH.

I have a couple of specific questions, but more than anything I want to know the good, the bad, and the ugly when it comes to TAC. I want to make sure I am making an informed decision. When I joined CTMH I felt a little rushed into it, and I know that it could've been a better experience all the way around if I would've known what questions to ask and felt more informed.

1.) Is there anything special about the blue rubber that TAC uses, as opposed to red rubber stamps?

2.) Is there an online order entry system? Are any items offered in bulk or as supply items?

3.) How quick is the turnaround for orders?

4.) Does the company pay for hostess gifts or is it the responsibility of the demo?

5.)It is my understanding that catalogs come out twice a year - which months are the catalogs released in? It is also my understanding that the new magalogue is also twice a year - which months for it?

I am sure there are many other questions I should be asking, but I'm just not sure what else to ask. So any input you have to share would be incredibly helpful.

My Blogs: Mission Inkpossible & Embry Family Recipes
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

anyone???

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 01:02 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

I would like to know the answers to these also. I am looking at signing up in the next couple of months. Great questions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

I'm beginning to think all of the TAC demos are missing in action!!! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

I think these are great questions...they really show how seriously you are taking this decision. Good luck! I hope someone comes by soon to answer all your questions!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 03:01 PM   #6  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks Jen. They say patience is a virtue, but it seems to be one that I am seriously lacking in! LOL

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 03:05 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

I will answer these..

1.) Is there anything special about the blue rubber that TAC uses, as opposed to red rubber stamps? Tac rubber is the same quality as other rubber companies, it is not as deeply etched as some but it is nice quality. Plus there arent any wood mounts!!

2.) Is there an online order entry system? Are any items offered in bulk or as supply items? Yes there is angelnet, I think they are offering it free now. Yes we can get bulk items of monthly specials at a discount rate quite often. Plus you can always just buy an ecommerce site and order from there, but you can gain hostess presents that way so If you have a larger order then you order through angel.net.

3.) How quick is the turnaround for orders? They ship very fast, 3-4 days unless there is a major sale then of course its slower

4.) Does the company pay for hostess gifts or is it the responsibility of the demo? the hostess gifts are paid by Angel company, The customer gets a free stamp set and then 50 off one item at the 100 Dollar level. This value increases the more they spend. The customer has to pay for the shipping and taxes but nothing more.

I hope this helps.

Melissa

Last edited by scrappingmelissa; 04-06-2009 at 03:09 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you so much Melissa for taking the time to answer my questions. Is there anything else that I should know? For example, is there anything you wish someone would've told you when you signed up?

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #9  
Pearl-ExPert

I'm an Angel...and I love it. Melissa did a great job answering the questions that you have. I think when I joined TAC a couple yrs ago, I had to pay around 5$ to set up my parties online, so that I could place my orders that way. Melissa indicated that they are running a special where it is free, which is great! TAC runs specials every so often, and you never know what they might be! A while back, they ran most of their stamp sets at 50% off!! OMGosh...were they ever bombarded with orders! That was unheard of!! Also, the requirements are easy for me to meet...only having to place a $100 order every 4 months!! I can do that by myself!! I figured since I was buying most of these items anyway, why not make a little to support my own habit!! Hahaha. Enjoy it! I think you will love being an Angel! Good luck! Karen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 04:55 PM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

The only thing that I wish someone told me about was the awesome stamps that were available in the old catalogs. the older stuff was really cool. But the grapevine tells us demos that they are bringing back some of the older stamps. Esp Mabelle which I love. I am a big fan of kids stamps esp little girls. So I was happy to hear this.

Other than that, Its pretty easy to spend 100 per 4 months, I can do that in my sleep!

I have to admit I do love CTMH heart and SU Too, but TAC has great stamps too, plus I get all my inks and tools at 25 off! We have a new catalog coming in June, so I anticipate alot of great stuff, esp new papers.

I think you will love TAC.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.
Melissa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #11  
Chat Box Chick

I'm an Angel too

One thing that may or may not be different ( I know nothing about CTMH) is that instead of 'instant income', TAC issues checks twice a month for your profit.

My Blog- Inky's Delight
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by InkStazOnMeView Post
I'm an Angel too

One thing that may or may not be different ( I know nothing about CTMH) is that instead of 'instant income', TAC issues checks twice a month for your profit.

Good point! I love that check, it goes right in the bank to be spent momentarily again on new stamps! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 05:57 PM   #13  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenniewrenView Post
I'm beginning to think all of the TAC demos are missing in action!!! LOL
:mrgreen: We must be all on Spring Break because normally folks get bombarded! I don't think the last question was answered, or I missed it.

TAC is returning (yahoo!) to one catalog per year, and back to full sized images. They will continue to put out a "magalogue" issue in the Spring and Fall - that's like a super sized supplement. :rolleyes: It turned out really neat this year.

Good luck with your decision. I've personally been very happy with them for the past 6 (almost 7 this summer!) years. They really, really try and listen to their demos and I can't believe how responsive they are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 06:11 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99View Post
I think when I joined TAC a couple yrs ago, I had to pay around 5$ to set up my parties online, so that I could place my orders that way. Melissa indicated that they are running a special where it is free, which is great!
So you have to pay to be able to place orders online? Or is that for a website where customers can shop? The special where it is free, is that a permanent thing or for an introductory period of time? So if the new book comes out in June, then would June be the best time to sign up? When I joined CTMH, it was towards the end of a quarter, and I got the current idea books in my kit, only to have to buy more a little over a month later because a new one was out. I readily admit I am mostly a hobbies, but I am finally starting to get a small business base, and my customers will follow me no matter which company I am with. Would one of you mind sending me a PM and let me know how much demos have to pay for the idea books and magalogues? Also, how much is the start up kit and are there add ons to it? If so, how much do they cost? Sorry to ask so many questions. Like I said, I am just trying to be well informed and I can't wait to make the switch!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 06:12 PM   #15  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

So you have to pay to be able to place orders online? Or is that for a website where customers can shop? The special where it is free, is that a permanent thing or for an introductory period of time? So if the new book comes out in June, then would June be the best time to sign up? When I joined CTMH, it was towards the end of a quarter, and I got the current idea books in my kit, only to have to buy more a little over a month later because a new one was out. I readily admit I am mostly a hobbiest, but I am finally starting to get a small business base, and my customers will follow me no matter which company I am with. Would one of you mind sending me a PM and let me know how much demos have to pay for the idea books and magalogues? Also, how much is the start up kit and are there add ons to it? If so, how much do they cost? Sorry to ask so many questions. Like I said, I am just trying to be well informed and I can't wait to make the switch!

Sheesh, can't type! actually, I think my keyboard is going out. Ugh!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-06-2009, 07:48 PM   #16  
Polyshrink Goddess

Okay, so I went back through the forms my demo sent me and found the cost of the start up kit. I would still like to know how much the catalogues and magalogues are for demos though. TIA

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2009, 04:46 AM   #17  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

So you have to pay to be able to place orders online? Or is that for a website where customers can shop? The special where it is free, is that a permanent thing or for an introductory period of time?
Where you place orders is free plus there is no charge for us to us Credit Cards. This should be permanent.

Quote:

So if the new book comes out in June, then would June be the best time to sign up? When I joined CTMH, it was towards the end of a quarter, and I got the current idea books in my kit, only to have to buy more a little over a month later because a new one was out. I readily admit I am mostly a hobbies, but I am finally starting to get a small business base, and my customers will follow me no matter which company I am with. Would one of you mind sending me a PM and let me know how much demos have to pay for the idea books and magalogues? Also, how much is the start up kit and are there add ons to it? If so, how much do they cost? Sorry to ask so many questions. Like I said, I am just trying to be well informed and I can't wait to make the switch!
The new catalog is released end of June probably with a start date of July so even signing up in June would probably get you the old catalog.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2009, 04:55 AM   #18  
Glitter Guru

I kinda skimmed this thread so forgive me if anything I say is a repeat. As Chris shared, we are going back to one catty per year - yahoo from me too! We haven't been told what the cost is yet. Catties are also available as a purchase item, e.g. customers can purchase them at a funshop and they count toward commissionable sales. Demos can order them by the box or individually on supply orders.

Our commission is 25% paid twice monthly. We can purchase items at a 30% discount on a demo order form but those orders don't count toward any rewards that the company is offering to angels.

In addition to the online ordering, demos can purchase a website (see the link on Chris' siggy) and folks can order through the website. The only disadvantage to that from a customer standpoint is that they don't get the free gift with purchase stamps.

I've been an angel since August 2005. I'm totally a hobbyist - I've only done 2 funshops that whole time. I have had NO difficulty meeting minimums. I've found the company to be easy to work with. I think we offer a wide variety of images that target lots of different tastes.

Good luck with your decision! Sorry we angels were slow on the uptake. I've also found the angels here on SCS to be wonderfully helpful, kind people. Let us know if you decide to get your wings!
"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also" Mt. 6:21

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2009, 05:01 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I'm a new angel and must say turnaround was wonderful. I placed my first order on Monday afternoon and it was at my house Wednesday afternoon.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2009, 07:50 AM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thanks everyone for your input. I knew my SCS sisters would come through for me! I will be sure and let everyone know when I get my wings.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #21  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would like to add a few things. I met yesterday with one of my local Demo's (NEW).

She shared everything that she got in her Starter kit. I am totally surprised! that she didn't get any of the New Magalouge Catalog.
(Which I will be giving her some)

And there was nothing in her Paper work about the TAC websites that are available to us Demos! ( We chatted about it yesterday and showed her how get her own personal website. Or Angelnet.)

So I shared information with her...About the commission check.
And told her if you had a commission check that falls under $10.00 TAC will hold it until you have another TAC sale. and the commission check it larger.

Yes TAC does sent out Commission Checks Twice a month.

Personally I wished that they had Direct Deposit!!!

The Angel Company is a AWESOME company!! I've been with them since 2004. And I have loved every minute Since I've joined.
I just became Team Leader this past Dec. 08. And now have 6 ladies under me. with 1 second down line.

The Home Office is very helpful too.

Someone stated that they didn't think out Blue Rubber stamps were etched deeply enough. Well I have to disagree with them. I think our Stamps are equal to SU, and other Stamp companies.

I love the Blue Rubber!!! It's pretty.

Also I like to think we are a cross between, SU and Close to my heart.
( We use Rubber stamps like SU and acrylic Blocks like CTMH)

Good luck in your decision.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2009, 11:45 AM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

Thank you Nancy for you input. I've decided that I do for sure want to switch over to TAC, I just haven't decided when. I'll probably have to wait until I can save up the money for the kit - so maybe a month or so.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2009, 01:23 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

I have been a TAC demo too for a couple years now. I still enjoy it! I think you will too. I really like everything about the company, except I wish it was instant income like other companies. I may get flamed for that but its JMO. Oh and I am strictly a hobby demo and have had no problems with minimums. And I agree about the rubber, I can't tell a difference between it and other companies.

MY BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp_catView Post
I really like everything about the company, except I wish it was instant income like other companies.
It will take some getting used to, it not being an instant income company. I think I can deal with that though. :rolleyes: My DH works in the IT Department of Melaleuca, specifically on their compensation team, and I know just how much work goes into getting those checks out. I can't imagine them doing it twice a month. Melaleuca only sends out checks once a month. It is a TON of work. DH was up until 4 am working this morning because all the data had to be processed. UGH! You'd think it would be easier for them to do instant income. Oh well, I'm sure I'll live.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2009, 02:58 PM   #25  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh yea, its not that big of a deal, but My only complaint. And I figure if that is my worst complaint- thats pretty good... I should be happy- it keeps me from buying as much- LOL...

MY BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-07-2009, 03:01 PM   #26  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp_catView Post
it keeps me from buying as much- LOL...
LOL You're funny! I'm not sure that would stop me!

Reply With Quote Likes