Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-09-2004, 01:42 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about becoming a SU Demo

Just thinking about becoming a demonstrator and needed all the info available. I've had 3 parties myself and have attended many more; and have asked but have yet to receive any info.

cost, advantages of and disadvantages etc....

thanks for your help
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 01:52 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

First make sure the person who will be your upline is someone you like and trust. She will be very important in your growth and introduction to the program.

Also I'm pretty much a hobby demo. I do two workshops per quarter which is enough to fulfill the minimums. You get awesome ideas from other demos, you get sneak peeks into new stuff with the minis and new catalog.
Michelle C., #12400
www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/hookandstamp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 01:52 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

If you do a search for demo or new demo in this forum you will get quite a few discussions about this. You are more than welcome to ask again but there have been lots of discussions that will probably answer most of your questions. Plus, its nice to have them all saved in one place Here is one:

Forums at Splitcoaststampers

okay, found some more:

I will add some more as I find them HTH!

Andrea
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 02:01 PM   #4  
Mad Swapper

Definately sign up under someone you like, ask if they do any training, hold meetings, etc. My upline is awsome, she is probably reading this too.LOL She is always there when I need questions asked. Her upline has held a meeting and we got great ideas.
The kit has everything you need to start doing demos, you will always need to buy forms, catalogues, minis, cardstock, and new stamp sets. I love having workshops but I didn't realize how organized you have to be, calling hostesses, making samples, cutting paper. I have had 2 workshops and haven't had to put much money into my stamping supplies, purchased most of it with my instant income, which is great.
Kelli
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 02:28 PM   #5  
Mad Swapper

Default Questions about being a demo

I also agree with the others and they have given the best info to help you out. Shop around you must be comfortable with who ever you sign up with. I signed up with the first demo I met and I wish I would have checked around a little more first. She is a really nice woman and friendly, but way too busy!!!!
My upline use to hold meetings regularly, but in the past couple years has changed dramaticly since things in her life have changed. We have meetings maybe 3 times a year if we're lucky. Other demos in her downline haven't wanted to get together without her either. It is understandable, but I regret having her as my upline some days. I've been a demo for 5 years and most of the things I've learned have been on my own or from other demos in the same situtation I'm in or orphaned all together. I also feel that we learn so much more every day and it's helpful to bounce things off other demos. That's why this site is so awesome!!!!
You will get so much in your starter kit, but like others have said....
order forms, hostess forms, stamp sets, and little by little you'll build your massive collection just as some of us have. I refuse to count my stamps....my DH would have a hissy fit if he ever found out how many there really are in my tiny stamp room.
One can never have too many stamps!
LeAne SCS#2819 & Grandma to Lindsey!
[email protected]
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-09-2004, 02:55 PM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Default becoming a demonstrator

Not only sign up under someone you like, but someone who is experienced and knows what she is doing and isn't "thinking of quitting" in the near future. I don't have an upline due to her quitting soon after I signed up. Sure liked her, but it still didn't help me out since she wasn't doing it anymore.
It really isn't as bad as all that as long as your trust the person. Even if your upline ever quits, there is still a lot she can help you with in general.
Being a demonstrator is rewarding with all the new people you meet and all the things you learn over the years. I have been a demonstrator for over 4 years and I love it! Just have fun with whatever you decide to do!

Jill
Reply With Quote Likes