Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Unread 03-13-2016, 08:07 PM   #1
Compulsive Stamper

Default Question about Papertrey Ink stamp pads

I recently did a huge purge of my craft supplies (well, it's a work-in-progress), and came across these Papertrey Ink Perfect Match hybrid ink, 2008 edition (with a bunch of cardstock and ribbon too...how the heck did I just forget I had that stuff?) Most of the colors are still available at PTI, but of course they've added a lot of colors since then.

Did the hybrid inks just not work as well, is that why they are using dye ink now? The ink pads I have match the cardstock I have, but will they match the colors if I order from current PTI stock?

I'm trying to decide whether or not to keep these, so I'm really curious why the switch from hybrid to dye?

Thanks for any info!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Unread 03-13-2016, 09:18 PM   #2
Proud Fan Club Member

I am a long-time PTI fan, but never ordered any of the inks you have. There was some problem with the formulation with the hybrid ink; it took a while to develop the formula they have now. I have quite a few of the pads now, and love them. The colors of the PTI CS have not changed, so your inks should still match. However, if you need ink refills, you're out of luck. Unless you have the older hybrid ink refills.
maryrose likes this post.
Unread 03-13-2016, 09:32 PM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

The old inks always gave uneven blotchy images. The ink was awful! I had every pad and reinker andended up tossing them. Very sad for the huge amount of money wasted. I have not tried thenew inks and will never do so but I still lovectheir stamps and dies.

My LuLaRoe business on Facebook :LuLaRoe Amber Shaw
Unread 03-14-2016, 05:04 PM   #4
Insane Embellisher

I have never tried the hybrid inks but I recently purchased all of the dye ink colors in the mini cubes and they have worked really well. I am happy with them.
maryrose likes this post.
Unread 04-20-2016, 05:41 PM   #5
Rubber Obsessor

I have all the newer formulation inks from PTI. I don't think they are as as good as Hero Arts shadow inks but OK. At least they have reinkers which Hero Arts does not. I guess the other formulation was awful. They went through two reformulations. If I were starting over I would probably buy some other brand but I'm not unhappy with them. I supplement my PTI colors with Hero Arts, Lawn Fawn, and Memento.
sprtchick likes this post.
Unread 04-21-2016, 05:28 PM   #6
Stampin' Fool

nevermind

Last edited by victorial; 04-21-2016 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: I must be cranky
Unread 04-21-2016, 07:35 PM   #7
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryalena View Post
I have all the newer formulation inks from PTI. I don't think they are as as good as Hero Arts shadow inks but OK. At least they have reinkers which Hero Arts does not. I guess the other formulation was awful. They went through two reformulations. If I were starting over I would probably buy some other brand but I'm not unhappy with them. I supplement my PTI colors with Hero Arts, Lawn Fawn, and Memento.
I tried the Hero Arts shadow inks, but they stained by photopolymer stamps really badly. How has the clean up been for you? I'm curious if it's just me.
Unread 04-21-2016, 07:49 PM   #8
Rubber Obsessor

mary rose-Actually they stain really really bad, especially the reddish ones. If that bugs you these are definitely not the ones to buy.
Unread 04-25-2016, 08:43 AM   #9
Glitter Queen

I have / had a few of the original ink pads. Some of them (usually bolder colours) worked okay for me, and probably will still do so if the pad hasn't dried up. They did have serious problems with the lighter colours (including Aqua Mist in your photo) - the stamped images would fade even when not exposed to sun light etc. which is why they changed formulations. The current inks are working well for me.
Unread 04-25-2016, 09:53 AM   #10
Rubber Obsessor

The only PTI color I still have trouble with is the Soft Stone. I actually use my PTI the most. I bought the cubes and a few of my favorites in the larger pads. I have to keep rubber bands on the cubes so the lids don't fall off. I'm going to try the WPlus9 inks. There is a color called Little Piggy that I can't resist just because of the name.
Unread 04-25-2016, 04:26 PM   #11
Matboard Maniac

I bought 3 full-size pads and they are all on the dry side.
Unread 04-25-2016, 06:59 PM   #12
Rubber Obsessor

That is unfortunate they were dry. There was some talk about that on their forum recently and it was suggested that customer service be notified. I have gotten a few like that and it's annoying. I buy the reinkers because I buy the PTI cubes mostly, but still they should not be dry.