Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
Rubber Obsessor

Default PTI's Newest "Policy"

There have been a few exchange issues reported by PTI customers. Per a message board post by Nichole on 7/27/12, PTI has to test "defective" merchandise before issuing an exchange.

Quote:
We issue full refunds on opened/used merchandise if it is indeed defective. Whether or not the item is defective will need to be confirmed by customer service before the refund is made to prevent abuse of the policy. If you feel that any of the products you have purchased are defective or you have additional questions about the return policy, you can contact customer service directly.
When you return an item to PTI, if "customer service" doesn't feel that an item is defective, then PTI returns that same item back to you and you are out of luck.

There was a post of someone who returned a die (large cover plate die, I believe) to PTI because it would not cut in her machine. Julie "tested" the die and told the customer it worked just fine and returned the same die back to the customer.

Now with the new ink debacle brewing, someone returned two ink pads (Spring moss and Raspberry fizz). Below is the exchange between the customer and customer service (who was probably Julie - one of the OWNERS) said:

Quote:
I have tested the ink you returned and agree that the Spring Moss didn't hold its color but the Raspberry Fizz that you returned has held its color perfectly. I can offer you a refund for the Spring Moss but will be returning the Raspberry Fizz as it is the right color.

I reopened the ticket, asked not to return the Raspberry fizz, as it does fade quite a bit and the tone is more in the Hibiscus burst family than Raspberry fizz.

She waited a few weeks to see if it would fade more, but in her opinion "The color still matches the Raspberry Fizz cardstock. I will send it back to you tomorrow."
Customers who order from PTI, have no recourse. Julie, promptly closes customer service tickets, whether or not a problem is resolved. Her response to a customer asking why she does this when the issue is still open was "if I kept all the tickets open, I'd never make any progress".

Now it makes sense why all the customer service emails were deleted without a second thought!

My reason for posting this is because I firmly believe customers need to know who they are dealing with when they order online. A lot of people search for company reviews before buying and new customers need to be fully aware of how PTI conducts business before they buy from them.

In exchange for great products, this is the kindo of "customer service" people get.

Ami
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #2
Die Cut Diva

I am so glad I have never ordered from this company and after seeing how they treat their customers, I never will. Unbelievable!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Glitter Guru

I've been reading all the various PTI threads for awhile now, and it's such a shame the company is doing what they're doing because they really have great designs and their design team's creations are amazing. Really wish the company would get a clue on how to run a business. There are so many of their stamps and dies I want to get but won't until their customer service issues turn around.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:09 AM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

They keep digging themselves into a deep hole. I wonder how long it will be before they crash and burn for good and go under. I saw a posting on another thread about a button order that went smoothly with no issues. I was hoping this would be the start of some good news. That's too bad. In this poor economy, you'd think a company would bend over backwards to please (and keep) a customer. This company seems to thrive on alienating people. I just don't get it.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharnish View Post
In this poor economy, you'd think a company would bend over backwards to please (and keep) a customer.
Not even close! Julie, one of the owners, replied to a customer with this gem:

Quote:
If you do not agree, I completely understand and realize we may not be the right company for you.
Here's the full story:

Message Boards - "Am I being a overly sensitive scrapbooger? (venting)" - General Scrappin' - Two Peas In A Bucket

Ami
Old 07-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #6
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzza111 View Post
Not even close! Julie, one of the owners, replied to a customer with this gem:

Here's the full story:

Message Boards - "Am I being a overly sensitive scrapbooger? (venting)" - General Scrappin' - Two Peas In A Bucket

Ami
Absolutely unbelievable. What is even more unbelievable is that they are still in business. I'd almost be tempted to set up a betting pool to gamble on the date they end up folding. I could make a lot of money to spend at their competitor
Old 07-27-2012, 04:55 PM   #7
Die Cut Diva

Wow This is atrocious !

I realize there are a "tiny " number of people who will try to rip off a refund policy, but is it worth making 99.9% of the loyal customers feel like thieves when they are unhappy with a product ?
What are they thinking over there or ARE they thinking?
Old 07-27-2012, 04:58 PM   #8
Polyshrink Goddess

They need to confirm it to prevent abuse of this policy?? Are they kidding? Who wants to go to the trouble of contacting them, packing up the item, mailing it back at your own expense and then waiting around? It just keeps getting worse and worse with them, so glad I never ordered anything. Just who is abusing this?
Old 07-27-2012, 05:30 PM   #9
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzza111 View Post
There was a post of someone who returned a die (large cover plate die, I believe) to PTI because it would not cut in her machine. Julie "tested" the die and told the customer it worked just fine and returned the same die back to the customer.
I almost kinda get testing ink. (Almost.) But I read about the cover plate and was just totally dumbfounded, considering someone from PTI (pretty sure I'd found a post of Dawn's, thought Nichole had posted but couldn't find one) will tell you "Oh, all machines are calibrated differently, you might have to try a few different adjustments to get it right for your machine."

Well, if that's gonna be your party line, that all machines are different, you CANNOT USE YOUR DIFFERENTLY CALIBRATED MACHINE to test customers' allegedly defective dies.

That's like saying "I know you said you can't see our website in IE. But it's fine in Chrome, so what's your problem again?"
Old 07-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #10
Mad Swapper

I get testing the ink in a way, but how long are they waiting? If a customer says it fades after three days are they stamping once and then saying its fine or are they waiting and recomparing?

I have ink I bought and haven't tried yet, guess I better get on that
Old 07-28-2012, 11:44 AM   #11
Insane Embellisher

How do you change the calibration of your machine? And how do you know you need to change it if everything else fits fine except for the one item?
Old 07-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #12
Die Cut Diva

All I want to do is order card stock from them since the quality is great and the colors so vibrant, but hearing all the issues, including that card stock arrives with bent corners and that is considered not an issue for them, I am inclined to find some other companies to supplement my card stock supply. With a new policy like this defective policy, I have no interest in ordering at all. I agree, the whole keeps getting bigger and deeper for them. And I'm curious too when they will have gone too far to keep any customers.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:17 PM   #13
Rubber Obsessor

I've never had any PTI cardstock arrive with bent corners. I've read that it has happened to some, but I personally have never had that problem, and I have every color/kind they sell.
Old 07-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #14
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Q View Post
How do you change the calibration of your machine? And how do you know you need to change it if everything else fits fine except for the one item?
You know you need to change it if the die doesn't cut or if the "sandwich" doesn't go through the machine (you shouldn't be forcing it or you might break it). You don't adjust the machine itself.

If the sandwich is too thick, you adjust by removing parts of the sandwich or changing them (on the cuttlebug, an ABB plate combo is smaller/thinner than an ABC plate combo).

If the sandwich is too thin and the die doesn't cut, you have to add something to make it thicker. Some people use the metal shim. Some people use pieces of cardstock. We're talking fractions of millimeters here, but it's enough to throw off the physics of the cutting process.
Old 07-28-2012, 11:15 PM   #15
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Alice* View Post
All I want to do is order card stock from them since the quality is great and the colors so vibrant, but hearing all the issues, including that card stock arrives with bent corners and that is considered not an issue for them, I am inclined to find some other companies to supplement my card stock supply. With a new policy like this defective policy, I have no interest in ordering at all. I agree, the whole keeps getting bigger and deeper for them. And I'm curious too when they will have gone too far to keep any customers.
I want ONE stamp set. I won't order it because I won't pay their shipping for such a small item. I won't buy more because of the reported shipping problems. Now, I won't buy any because if I have a problem, it will just cost more. That's why I have an eBay alert set up for the stamp set.

My new favorite site...
My Create, Ink -- COLOR LAB
Old 07-29-2012, 01:10 AM   #16
Die Cut Diva

There has been some PTI products I'd love to have but with all the problems and poor service I won't order. I just don't understand their attitude. Their customer service comes across as arrogant to me. It says to me they don't really need my business and they don't get my business for that reason!

I did score two sets at a rummage sale and one was a set I'd had my eye on. Now that was good luck!

Last edited by Allistamps123; 07-29-2012 at 01:16 AM..
Old 07-29-2012, 05:27 AM   #17
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Shame. I think they have some good products but their approach to customer service sure is unusual!!!!
Old 07-29-2012, 07:26 AM   #18
Die Cut Diva

they have a fairly active buy/sell forum on their message boards. Try posting an ISO for your wish list and someone may pull through.

I'm glad I didn't order on Saturday, as much as I liked the free set, I like not supporting bad customer service. Will likely must go the used route for sets and dies (avoiding ink, impression posted, coverplate dies, and I like su paper.)
Old 07-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #19
Glitter Queen

Ugh i just placed a large (well to me) order ($105) anyway it says shipped 6 days ago priority mail...yet it still wont track Hopefully they get their act together because I do love their designs. It is my first order with them.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #20
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Alice* View Post
Before all these issues started arising, my mom wanted to order some of their card stock to try. Then we learned about the exorbitant shipping fees for Canada. My mom has since switched to Gina K's card stock and we are in love. You might want try theirs .... superior quality and superior customer service guaranteed!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:32 AM   #21
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lharnish View Post
Before all these issues started arising, my mom wanted to order some of their card stock to try. Then we learned about the exorbitant shipping fees for Canada. My mom has since switched to Gina K's card stock and we are in love. You might want try theirs .... superior quality and superior customer service guaranteed!
Does anyone know if Gina K has a cardstock the same or very close to PTI's Rustic Cream? I've looked at her website but don't see anything that is like that.

Terry
Old 07-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #22
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericasu8 View Post
Ugh i just placed a large (well to me) order ($105) anyway it says shipped 6 days ago priority mail...yet it still wont track Hopefully they get their act together because I do love their designs. It is my first order with them.
If it doesn't track, it probably means they have only printed the label, but have neither packed nor shipped your package.

Some people will get their packages with no update to the tracking, but I believe most people's experience is that as soon as the post office actually gets its hands on it, the updates will happen and delivery is pretty quick.
Old 07-31-2012, 06:50 PM   #23
Glitter Queen

I did finally get my package and i have to say i am quite happy with everthing. The cardstock was packaged perfectly as was everything else. I would buy from them again.