Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where did you buy your Scrapbox Workbox from?

I've had my eye on the Scrapbox Workbox for quite some time now. I would love to get one but just don't have the extra money lying around right now. ;) But I told my husband yesterday that I'm going to start putting some money aside each paycheck and eventually buy one. The area that I have all my scrapbooking/stamping stuff in right now is a complete disaster. I have a huge desk and 2 (6ft) tables that are covered with stuff plus stuff piled up along the floor. There's really no place to even craft. I have to push stuff aside to carve out a little spot to stamp. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, just wondering if you bought yours from the original website, Amazon or maybe some other site?

I noticed on Amazon that for the Workbox, it's a difference price depending on which color you get. It looks like if you get the black or white beadboard it's $1495 where as if you get the knotty alder raised panel one it's $1695. Maybe I'm not reading it right but just wondering why the two different prices? Is it a different wood they use? Then I was taking a look at the Craftbox at $945. I know it's quite a bit smaller. Did you originally buy the Craftbox and now regret not getting the Workbox?

Any suggestions would be great!!!

Splitcoast Member #5361 HEY LOOK WHAT I CAN DO!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2012, 02:03 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I got mine from Amazon. At the time my Amazon credit card gave me Amazon points to use, which I saved for this purpose. I ended up getting hundreds off by using the points this way. Now the card earns points or cash to pay off the card, but the effect is the same. I just charged EVERYTHING I could and points racked up.

It came in great shape, although it took my husband about 2 full days to put it together. Loved that baby! (well, the husband and the scrapbox!! LOL)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2012, 02:31 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan BView Post
I got mine from Amazon. At the time my Amazon credit card gave me Amazon points to use, which I saved for this purpose. I ended up getting hundreds off by using the points this way. Now the card earns points or cash to pay off the card, but the effect is the same. I just charged EVERYTHING I could and points racked up.

It came in great shape, although it took my husband about 2 full days to put it together. Loved that baby! (well, the husband and the scrapbox!! LOL)

Do you mind me asking which one you purchased and for how much? I'm just wondering why the difference of $200 between the different colored Workboxes.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2012, 02:59 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I wrote about the purchase and putting it together here. Scrapbox Review -- Part One (of Two) - PAPERLICIOUS

I don't remember why I chose what I did. I also no longer own it. I got rid of all of my stamping supplies and with it, the scrapbox. But I loved it. It is a great piece of equipment!

I hope my post answers your questions. If not, I'll check back on this thread and see what I can remember!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2012, 04:06 AM   #5  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

We just finished putting my Workbox together yesterday - I bought it directly from their website - he had a flash sale a little while ago where you could get $500 off for the first 50 people. I had been saving up for it but couldn't pass that sale up. Shipping was free also.

It's amazingly well made. My DH put it together and it was "way better than Ikea" according to him .

We put it in our TV room so that I can stamp while we watch TV - I don't just sit and watch TV well

Plus my stamp room is EXTREMELY tiny and I don't have enough room for all my stuff. This is going to do wonders for my organization. Unfortunately, I'm gone this weekend so I won't really get to fill it up until the weekend.

But I love it. I chose the raised panel vanilla. The alder is more expensive wood - that's why it's more. I bought the raised panel because I want to do four little paintings on the panels.

Well worth the $$ in my opinion.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2012, 05:21 AM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got the white as well. I never closed the unit so I never actually saw that part! LOL Lydia, you will love it!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

I wrote about the purchase and putting it together here. Scrapbox Review -- Part One (of Two) - PAPERLICIOUS

I don't remember why I chose what I did. I also no longer own it. I got rid of all of my stamping supplies and with it, the scrapbox. But I loved it. It is a great piece of equipment!

I hope my post answers your questions. If not, I'll check back on this thread and see what I can remember!

Thanks so much. I actually remember reading that post a while back. I think I'm actually *thisclose* to ordering one. Wheeeeeeeee!!!!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #9  
Inking Addict

please see other post

Last edited by Nanettesplace; 11-18-2012 at 06:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2012, 06:20 PM   #10  
Inking Addict

Quote:

I am curious as to why you got rid of it all!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-18-2012, 06:22 PM   #11  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Quote:

I got the white as well. I never closed the unit so I never actually saw that part! LOL Lydia, you will love it!
Ha! I wonder if I'll ever close mine...
Reply With Quote Likes