Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   SU October monthly special?? (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/su-october-monthly-special-t561838.html)

amydav 09-30-2012 04:51 AM

SU October monthly special??

Anyone know if they are going to have one and what it will be? :)

Oddesigns 09-30-2012 06:04 AM

Sorry, I just checked and it's still showing the Back to Spool promotion.

Oddesigns 09-30-2012 06:53 AM

LOL! I thought it was October already.

binkiemonstermom 09-30-2012 06:56 AM

There is talk about a christmas bundle special but even demos don't have all the details yet. We ar getting details ON October 1st! One more day!!!!!!

amydav 09-30-2012 10:13 AM

Arg! This is killing me ;) I want to place an order ( for a x-mas bundle no less) Guess I will take advantage of the free ribbon and take my chances! Thanks everyone.

CAKath 09-30-2012 11:30 AM

I attended Tacoma regionals yesterday and one of the speakers mentioned something about the October promotion but no one at my table seemed to know what it was either.

Karen99 09-30-2012 11:56 AM

Just one more day to find out!!! LOL!!...(but the suspense is killing me!!)

NWstamper 09-30-2012 05:46 PM

Amy, the details that we know is that if you get the ornament keepsake stamp set and the Candlelight specialty designer paper bundle, you will get the Festive Paper Piercing pack free. Now, they use the terms "set" and "bundle" in the short highlight they gave us so its not clear if there will be a special bundle or if it is just buy the stamp set and dsp and get the piercing pack free. But we'll have the full details tomorrow. Hopefully that will help you decide on ribbon today or wait until tomorrow.

amydav 09-30-2012 05:48 PM

Thank you a million Jennifer! Now that I know I will be placing my order tonight :)

STAMPINGODDESS 10-01-2012 05:01 AM

Get a free Festive Paper Piercing pack when you order the Ornament Keepsakes Stamp set or Bundle and the Candlelight Christmas Specialty Paper

Karen99 10-01-2012 08:00 AM

I just ordered the ornaments bundle last week!! Arg!!!!

sarahbe492 10-01-2012 10:32 PM

I LOVE this promo! The Ornament Keepsakes Bundle is my fav thing in the Holiday Catalog! I also love that they included the option of the Ornament Bundle/Candelight DSP OR Ornament stamp set/Candlelight DSP to get the free paper piercing templates. If you don't have the Essentials Pack from the regular or the Festive Pack from the Holiday catalog, you seriously need them!!! I LOVE them! Did a whole video on it! Tool Time Thursday #9: Essentials Paper Piercing Pack - YouTube

bound4london 10-02-2012 01:12 AM

I heard they were offering some sentiments as single stamps from a few sets. Can't find it at Stampin Up but saw it somewhere and now can't find it again.

basketballmom 10-02-2012 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bound4london (Post 19723315)
I heard they were offering some sentiments as single stamps from a few sets. Can't find it at Stampin Up but saw it somewhere and now can't find it again.

Yes!
Stamps from Seasonal Sayings, Perfectly Penned, and Word Play can now be purchased as single stamps.
Love the Christmas one from Seasonal Sayings!
Triple Time Ornaments! by basketballmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

RosieLP 10-02-2012 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmom (Post 19723812)
Yes!
Stamps from Seasonal Sayings, Perfectly Penned, and Word Play can now be purchased as single stamps.
Love the Christmas one from Seasonal Sayings!
Triple Time Ornaments! by basketballmom - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers

I don't see this on stampinup.com either.

lharnish 10-02-2012 08:43 AM

Of course I bought the bundle and the piercing kit in September. I'm not even going to look and see how much I might have saved if I waited. I hate it when this happens and I feel like I've wasted money LOL!

Cartermrc 10-02-2012 10:25 AM

I hope this works out well for them and they keep this option! I usually like only a few stamps from a large sentiment set and don't want to shell out for all of them.
But I can't see them offering this with more than a few sets. If they aren't going to have all the individual colors of markers available, they won't offer a lot of individual stamps. The issues about warehouse space, etc would apply to individual stamps too.

basketballmom 10-02-2012 12:46 PM

Just a note about the single stamps ...
they are clear mount only
they are English only
they don't come with a CD case ... just in a cello bag

Just so that nobody is surprised/disappointed.

michelleh1 10-02-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmom (Post 19724432)
Just so that nobody is surprised/disappointed.

My biggest surprise/disappointment is the price! I really thought that they would've been more affordable.

basketballmom 10-02-2012 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelleh1 (Post 19724803)
My biggest surprise/disappointment is the price! I really thought that they would've been more affordable.

I realize I have a bias because I'm a demonstrator ... but what would you pay for a single, quality, stamp elsewhere?
What price would you have expected?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm really interested ... I hope to sell these to my customers. And if y'all have concerns, then I'd like to know. :)

roxy64 10-02-2012 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99 (Post 19721295)
I just ordered the ornaments bundle last week!! Arg!!!!

I feel your pain....Besides the ornament bundle, I bought the festive paper piercing pack as well a couple of weeks back.

basketballmom 10-02-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roxy64 (Post 19725103)
I feel your pain....Besides the ornament bundle, I bought the festive paper piercing pack as well a couple of weeks back.

But you would have received the free ribbon, right? Which is worth more than the piercing pack?

lharnish 10-03-2012 04:13 AM

Okay, I feel better now ... the ribbon is worth more. Thanks to those who pointed that out ;-)

ceramicat1 10-03-2012 04:37 AM

I haven't ordered from the Holiday yet so I'll be ordering the special.

I like that SU is offering the single stamps from the sets even in a trial. It shows they are trying the market to see how much interest there is.

Actually after looking at the sets, I may end up ordering one of the whole sets.:)

kimberlym 10-03-2012 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmom (Post 19724920)
I realize I have a bias because I'm a demonstrator ... but what would you pay for a single, quality, stamp elsewhere?

I'm not trying to be snarky, I'm really interested ... I hope to sell these to my customers. And if y'all have concerns, then I'd like to know. :)

I wouldn't mind the price so much if they were wood mounted. Although, I guess I am out numbered in still preferring wood mounted over cling.

Karen99 10-03-2012 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmom (Post 19725214)
But you would have received the free ribbon, right? Which is worth more than the piercing pack?

I feel better too!! Thank you!! I haven't received my order from my demo yet, so I'm excited to play with my new toys!!

PaperManipulator 10-03-2012 05:05 PM

Does anyone have a link to see the single stamps that are available in October?

bound4london 10-03-2012 05:22 PM

Here is the direct link:
Single Stamps - by Stampin' Up!

I think they're reasonably priced. My local stamp store charges $7 and up for all stamps. The set is a better deal though. I think the sets are a great value. I do like the fact that you can choose just a sentiment or too but don't know if I will actually buy any.

bound4london 10-03-2012 07:50 PM

Direct flier links:
http://204.228.150.61/docs/singlesta..._Word_Play.pdf

http://204.228.150.61/docs/singlesta...tly_Penned.pdf

http://204.228.150.61/docs/singlesta...al_Sayings.pdf

SkyNacho 10-03-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cartermrc (Post 19724171)
I hope this works out well for them and they keep this option! I usually like only a few stamps from a large sentiment set and don't want to shell out for all of them.
But I can't see them offering this with more than a few sets. If they aren't going to have all the individual colors of markers available, they won't offer a lot of individual stamps. The issues about warehouse space, etc would apply to individual stamps too.

I thought SU manufacturers its own stamps. If true, then they don't really have the same storage issue. They might still have to have some storage (because I would guess they don't run off one stamp at a time) but they can make more stamps as needed. They don't have to carry a huge inventory.

PaperManipulator 10-03-2012 08:22 PM

Thank you for the links, bound4london!

sarahbe492 10-03-2012 08:39 PM

With single stamps too, consider that they are manufactured as a set so being separated and bagged individually takes up a lot of man hours. That is a huge reason the prices are higher, I'm sure! I'll be honest...I LOVE OPTIONS!!! I may or may not take advantage of them but giving my customers the option just plain makes me happy. Smart to pilot this and see how it goes! :)

basketballmom 10-03-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNacho (Post 19728080)
I thought SU manufacturers its own stamps. If true, then they don't really have the same storage issue. They might still have to have some storage (because I would guess they don't run off one stamp at a time) but they can make more stamps as needed. They don't have to carry a huge inventory.

They still need to have a "place" for them in the warehouse, on the pick line.

They've said that this is a pilot. So what happens next will depend on all of us. If we buy the single stamps ... we'll see more.

I don't think they'd ever do it for every set.

michelleh1 10-03-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basketballmom (Post 19724920)
but what would you pay for a single, quality, stamp elsewhere?

I don't know that I have a set price in mind. I do know that I'd be more willing to pay the price they're offered at if they were wood mounted as opposed to the clear. Even then I do feel they are still over-priced. I do mostly own SU sets, so I guess I'm comparing them to the set price. I do probably over-analyze my purchases because I have a limited spending budget. Hopefully I'm not like most of your customers and you are able to sell many of these!

Here is my thinking. Perfectly Penned is $12.95/set for clear mount. If I only like the 2 birthday stamps, then I'm not willing to purchase the entire set for only 2 stamps. However, if I only want to purchase the 2 stamps, then it's $11.90 for the 2 of them. Only $1.05 shy of the entire set. I'm really not willing to spend that much for only 2 stamps.

With the Word Play it's $28.95/set for clear mount. There are 5 of them which I would probably use (and because it's a larger set I really like that they are offered individually). However, for the 5 I like, it's $26.75. Only $2.20 less than the entire set. If I'm not willing to pay the set price of $28.95 because I wouldn't use all of the stamps, why would I want to pay $26.75 for only 5 of them? The answer is that I wouldn't. :mrgreen:

Plus, I would need to purchase a clear-mount block for them, which is even more money. Plus, with SU you have to figure in shipping. I know that by shopping locally I could purchase individual stamps for less because I can use a coupon and avoid the shipping costs.

basketballmom 10-03-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelleh1 (Post 19728183)
I don't know that I have a set price in mind. I do know that I'd be more willing to pay the price they're offered at if they were wood mounted as opposed to the clear. Even then I do feel they are still over-priced. I do mostly own SU sets, so I guess I'm comparing them to the set price. I do probably over-analyze my purchases because I have a limited spending budget. Hopefully I'm not like most of your customers and you are able to sell many of these!

Here is my thinking. Perfectly Penned is $12.95/set for clear mount. If I only like the 2 birthday stamps, then I'm not willing to purchase the entire set for only 2 stamps. However, if I only want to purchase the 2 stamps, then it's $11.90 for the 2 of them. Only $1.05 shy of the entire set. I'm really not willing to spend that much for only 2 stamps.

With the Word Play it's $28.95/set for clear mount. There are 5 of them which I would probably use (and because it's a larger set I really like that they are offered individually). However, for the 5 I like, it's $26.75. Only $2.20 less than the entire set. If I'm not willing to pay the set price of $28.95 because I wouldn't use all of the stamps, why would I want to pay $26.75 for only 5 of them? The answer is that I wouldn't. :mrgreen:

Plus, I would need to purchase a clear-mount block for them, which is even more money. Plus, with SU you have to figure in shipping. I know that by shopping locally I could purchase individual stamps for less because I can use a coupon and avoid the shipping costs.

Thank you!
You've helped me with this. When I wake up, I'll run the numbers with Canadian prices ... although I'm pretty sure the results will be the same.

You've also helped me in that I can now convince my customers that if they like 5 of the Word Play stamps, they might as well get the entire set ... compared to the single prices, it's a deal! :) ;)