Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   SU! Mounting question... (please help!!) (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/su-mounting-question-please-help-t564528.html)

Darleneh710 11-17-2012 08:12 AM

SU! Mounting question... (please help!!)
 
Hi, I couldn't find this anywhere and I'm sure it must be posted some place. But just recently I bought the No Peeking SU! unmounted set. I normally buy the wooden, but it was $8 cheaper and I couldn't resist!

How does one mount them? And do you use them on just clear acrylic blocks? Do you use the stickers as well? I guess my biggest question is do you use the stickers? I remember with the wooden stamps you just adhere the stickers to the wooden blocks. I have been wanting to use this set for some time, but not sure how to go about it.

Please help!!! Thanks!

CraftyMel2 11-17-2012 08:22 AM

Yes, they go on the clear blocks. I have heard some people do NOT use the sticker, while others do...sometimes I have a hard time keeping mine on the block if I use the sticker so recently I have stopped using it. There are tricks out there for keeping them stuck to the block but I still go with just not using the sticker at all.

I used to only get the wood mount ones but once I used the cling ones I have never looked back. The blocks can still be used with the stamp-a-ma-jig and that was a big deal for me.

Darleneh710 11-17-2012 08:25 AM

Thank you CraftyMel2, how do you adhere the stamps to the blocks? Was I supposed to buy something else to do that? Sorry for all the questions...just so anxious to use them to make my Christmas cards :)

izzie 11-17-2012 08:35 AM

You do not need anything additional to use the stamps. Peel off the backing paper and the stamps will cling to your acrylic blocks.

Darleneh710 11-17-2012 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izzie (Post 19831036)
You do not need anything additional to use the stamps. Peel off the backing paper and the stamps will cling to your acrylic blocks.

Awesome, Izzie! Thanks so much for taking the time:)

bbbp 11-17-2012 08:14 PM

If you want to use the sticker but have trouble with them clinging to your clear blocks try the SU Clear-Mount Perfectly Placed Guides (on page 7 in the catalog). They really make a difference and the stamps cling better to the block when they are stuck on the vinyl guides.

I have read where people are using glue on the sticker part to help them stick better but I didn't want to do that to all my stamps. I tried the guides and they really work.

kamstamper 11-17-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraftyMel2 (Post 19831009)
Yes, they go on the clear blocks. I have heard some people do NOT use the sticker, while others do...sometimes I have a hard time keeping mine on the block if I use the sticker so recently I have stopped using it. There are tricks out there for keeping them stuck to the block but I still go with just not using the sticker at all.

I used to only get the wood mount ones but once I used the cling ones I have never looked back. The blocks can still be used with the stamp-a-ma-jig and that was a big deal for me.

A good way to keep the stamp on the clear block, with the sticker, is to just wipe the sticker area AND the clear block with a baby wipe, rubbing alcohol or just plain water, dry it off and then apply the stamp to the block....sticks all the time! I literally have to peel it off the block.

Rachelrose 11-18-2012 09:25 AM

Might be wrong, but I believe I have read on this forum that you should not use rubbing alcohol on your blocks. It can cause them to craze over time.

Someone with more experience can verify if I am remembering correctly or not.

The best cleaner for blocks is just water and a bit of dish detergent, then rinse.

Congratulations on trying the cling mount stamps. You might just find that you really like them. Easy to store and give just as nice an impression as wood mount.

kamstamper 11-18-2012 11:49 AM

Yikes....hadn't heard that about the alcohol. As I mentioned, I usually just use a baby wipe to give it a wipe and then dry it with a paper towel...that works great for me. Thanks for the info.

Luv Flowers 11-18-2012 04:14 PM

Hi Stampin Up gals!! Is it true that there is some sale starting tomorrow?? If so, can you please let me know a bit about it?? Thanks and happy stamping!! Kim

Makalah 11-18-2012 04:45 PM

Hi Kim, I will send you a private message.

Darleneh710 11-18-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachelrose (Post 19832743)

Congratulations on trying the cling mount stamps. You might just find that you really like them. Easy to store and give just as nice an impression as wood mount.



Thank you, RachelRose. I wasn't for them, but after using them tonight..I do like them a lot and I do like that you can store them easier and more in a case. I like that they are still rubber as well:)


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:50 PM.