Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   SU 2012 Holiday catty card (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/su-2012-holiday-catty-card-t559625.html)

Paula Anne 08-20-2012 09:33 AM

SU 2012 Holiday catty card

Hi. I am looking to gather some info on the wreath card on page 7.
Has anyone made this and if so what supplies and technique did you use.
Thanks
Paula

muscrat 08-20-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula Anne (Post 19630762)
Thanks
Paula

What wreath? I'm looking at page 7 and don't see a wreath...

kilroy 08-20-2012 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula Anne (Post 19630762)
Thanks
Paula

The wreath is made using an embossing folder. It is the one that is just to the right of the card. Besides the folder you would need the stamp set that is right below. After stamping the oval in cherry cobbler ink, it is punched out using the extra large oval punch. They also stamped the little mistletoe from the stamp set. The bow is stamped and cut out. The greeting is the same set.
I hope this is the card you meant.

Paula Anne 08-21-2012 08:08 AM

Yes, that is the card I am talking about. Thank you kilroy for your help. How do the sparkles stick to the card? That's the part I should have mentioned I don't understand. Thank you for confirmation on the other steps. I truly appreciate it.

If someone can explain the how to get the sparkles on the wreath, again, I would appreciate your time.

Thanks
Paula

AllisonStamps! 08-21-2012 10:19 AM

Here is the supply list from Stampin' Up!
7b – Sending Christmas Wishes card
Joyous Celebration Stamp Set
Gumball Green 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock
Very Vanilla 8-1/2" x 11" Card Stock
Cherry Cobbler Classic Stampin’ Pad
Early Espresso Classic Stampin’ Pad
Gumball Green Classic Stampin’ Pad
Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter
Cherry Cobbler 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Stampin’ Dimensionals
Extra-Large Oval Punch
Big Shot
Holiday Frame Textured Impressions Embossing
Folder

In regards to the glitter, I'd go with the 2-way glue pen to apply the Dazzling Details glitter. You could also try using your brayed to apply versamark to one side of your embossing folder, run through the big shot, add heat and stick powder, heat emboss, then add the Dazzling Details.

Hope that helps!

bemidjibelle 08-21-2012 05:15 PM

confused me too

but if you applied the versamark ink with a brayer, wouldn't it be hard to get it into the recessed parts, which you would have to have sticky for the dazzling diamonds to stick to the card. This part confuses me also. Dont want to "smush" the dry embossed design by gluing it. But it definitely looks sparkly or even flocked in the photo.

muscrat 08-21-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bemidjibelle (Post 19633541)
but if you applied the versamark ink with a brayer, wouldn't it be hard to get it into the recessed parts, which you would have to have sticky for the dazzling diamonds to stick to the card. This part confuses me also. Dont want to "smush" the dry embossed design by gluing it. But it definitely looks sparkly or even flocked in the photo.

I don't think you want the dazzling diamonds in the recessed parts. It looks to me like they are only on the raised image.

binkiemonstermom 08-21-2012 06:10 PM

I don't think it is sparkily in the recesses of the embossing. It isn't covered but accented if that makes sense. The product list comes directly from Stampin' Up!

bemidjibelle 08-21-2012 06:49 PM

LOL I wasn't very clear. I was trying to say that in order for the raised parts on the cardstock to be sticky, wouldn't the recessed parts of the embossing folder have to be sticky? If you just put sticky on the raised part of the embossing folder that would be on the opposite side of what you want raised on the card. WOW hard to explain, and maybe I am crazy! Does anybody get what I mean?

turki 08-21-2012 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bemidjibelle (Post 19633764)
LOL I wasn't very clear. I was trying to say that in order for the raised parts on the cardstock to be sticky, wouldn't the recessed parts of the embossing folder have to be sticky? If you just put sticky on the raised part of the embossing folder that would be on the opposite side of what you want raised on the card. WOW hard to explain, and maybe I am crazy! Does anybody get what I mean?

You're not crazy! =) I understand what you mean, and I agree!
If you applied the versamark to the embossing folder, it would be in the recessed negative non-wreathy parts of the card.

Instead it might work to rub your versamark pad across the raised portion of the wreath *after* embossing it, and then apply the dazzling diamonds.

muscrat 08-22-2012 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turki (Post 19633802)
You're not crazy! =) I understand what you mean, and I agree!
If you applied the versamark to the embossing folder, it would be in the recessed negative non-wreathy parts of the card.

Instead it might work to rub your versamark pad across the raised portion of the wreath *after* embossing it, and then apply the dazzling diamonds.

Or flip your card over to emboss the correct side with the versamark....I hope that makes sense. It sounds good in my head.

AllisonStamps! 08-22-2012 07:30 AM

Lol! I really didn't think that totally through did I?!? Sorry for the confusion!!!! The 2-way glue pen seems like the much better option here. :)