Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Quotes, Phrases & Words (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/quotes-phrases-words-t228415.html)

K. Benko 02-27-2007 03:05 PM

Quotes, Phrases & Words

I'm looking for some good Quotes, phrases or words discribing stamping and scrapbooking.
Eg:
Wish it, Dream it, do it
If you can dream it - you can do it
Create
Imagine
Do you have any other good ones, thanks
Kathy

K. Benko 02-27-2007 03:28 PM

bump

StampingShawn 02-27-2007 03:34 PM

How about "Stamp your art" ....I know it's not really inspirational, but it's how I feel about stamping. Curious...what are you going to do with these?

K. Benko 02-27-2007 03:53 PM

I want to stamp it on my newly renovated craft room walls, when I get it done!!!!

StampingShawn 02-27-2007 03:55 PM

Very cool...how about Tap, Tap, Tap...It's on the Circle of Friendship stamp from SU.

K. Benko 02-27-2007 04:50 PM

bump

daiseyfreak 02-27-2007 06:28 PM

I get all my quotes from quotegarden.com

Here's what they had on scrapbooking:

Scrapbooking fills my days - not to mention my living room, bedroom and closets! ~Author Unknown

Blessed are the children of scrapbookers, for they shall inherit the scrapbooks. ~Author Unknown

I scrapbook therefore I am - broke. ~Author Unknown

I could keep on scrappin'
or I could go to bed,
but then what would I do
with all these layouts in my head?
~Author Unknown, "My Addiction"

Just as pieces stitched together in a quilt warm our bodies, scrapbooks bind together memories to warm our hearts. ~Author Unknown

My grandmother made me a scrapbook because I was once too young to remember; I am making scrapbooks for my family because one day I may be too old to remember. ~Author Unknown

No scrap of paper bigger than my smallest punch shall be thrown away. ~Author Unknown, "The Scrappers Creed"

When life gives you scraps, make something with them. ~Author Unknown

Keep some souvenirs of your past, or how will you ever prove it wasn't all a dream? ~Ashleigh Brilliant

We gather up pictures and bits of our past
and scrapbook them into a gift that will last.
~Kimberly Rinehart, "Scrapbooker's Verse"

Scrapbooking isn't about scraps of paper and photos. Scrapbooking is about scraps of life - yours and those special to you. ~Rebecca Sower

To crop or not to crop, that is the question. ~Author Unknown

Scrapbooking is cheaper than a therapist. ~Author Unknown

My husband lets me have all the scrapbooking supplies I can hide. ~Author Unknown

The album we've made is much more than a book.
It's worth even more than the time that it took.
~Kimberly Rinehart, "Scrapbooker's Verse"

A true scrapbook addict is one who stages photographs to match paper she likes. ~Author Unknown

So many pictures, so little time! ~Author Unknown

[Mama] follows us around
hoping we'll sneeze
So she can have the tissue
"For my scrapbook please."
~Toni Sorenson Brown, "She's Out of Control"

Stamps'nCoffee 02-27-2007 07:11 PM

There is a very fine line between hobby and mental illness.
~Dave Barry~

I love this one because it kind of rings true for me...leaning towards the mental illness side I think. There is a company that my chiropractors wife started (I think) called Write on the Wall! They have quotes for every theme imaginable including a large array of crafting ones! They are giant rub-ons! I wish I still had the sheet that had all the sayings on it, but I can't find it. Perhaps if you search the internet, you can find what your looking for!
Oh, and I saw this stamp on the Bella site (I ordered it). Reads as follows:
Stamps - 6457.33
Supplies - 7872.58
Handmade Card - Priceless
Cracks me up:)
I just looked up and saw the following quotes hanging in my own Scramp room

Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties.~Eric Fromm

Imagination is more important than knowledge ~ Albert Einstein

Be thankful for mistakes. They may lead you to solutions you never would have discovered before. ~Marilyn Hughey Phillis

Rush'd Lady 02-27-2007 07:17 PM

Great sayings! Have you checked out my thread? Link is in siggie below! I've got more at home . . . ;)

K. Benko 02-27-2007 09:08 PM

Oh, these are great. Thanks, its hard to decide - some are just too long but others are perfect.

ikimom 02-27-2007 09:24 PM

Here's a website for quotes: http://quotationspage.com/

~ Kathy

K. Benko 02-28-2007 05:57 AM

Its hard to decide!!