Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Question about selling cards! (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/question-about-selling-cards-t561969.html)

Love Making Cards 10-02-2012 04:01 AM

Question about selling cards!

Hello everyone,

Cards that you make at a card class or stamp and stack is it okay to sell them at a fair?

Thanks a bunch

basketballmom 10-02-2012 06:04 AM

The first, and biggest thing, would be to make sure that you are following the Angel policy of whatever company's stamps you are using. I don't know all of them ... but I know for SU! you would need to stamp them with one of the "angel policy stamps" ... you can find them in the catalogue (Creatively Yours set or the personalized stamps).

Other than that, my personal ethics would say that you acknowledge (somehow) that you created, but didn't design them. But that's me.

sarahbe492 10-03-2012 03:30 PM

That's a tricky one! I know for me, as a demo, I end up with TONS of card fronts and then have to make them into full cards to sell them. To comply with the Angel Policy for SU!, I have to stamp them with my copyright stamp. I feel guilty about doing this as I didn't technically handstamp them, but am not going to buy the Creatively Yours stamp set just to get around it.

That said, I do sell cards I make at demo get togethers and don't feel guilty about that because I actually handstamped them. I think it is fine as you paid a fee to take that class, so the cards have become your property. Plus, if your demo is anything like me, likely she's CASEing from other people anyway! :)

AllisonStamps! 10-03-2012 05:01 PM

I say go for it! Just follow the angel policy.

stampinovice 10-04-2012 09:15 AM

Just sell them if they are "legit". I have never encountered card police at any event. I sell my cards for charity purposes only. I have zillions of stamps and when I make a card I do not check angel policy of every stamp.I have stamps that I do not even know who they are by. Personally speaking if you are going to create stamps and sell them to the public, you have to realize that other people are using your design to create their design. I hope I did not offend anyone. Just sayin............

basketballmom 10-04-2012 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinovice (Post 19729178)
Just sell them if they are "legit". I have never encountered card police at any event. I sell my cards for charity purposes only. I have zillions of stamps and when I make a card I do not check angel policy of every stamp.I have stamps that I do not even know who they are by. Personally speaking if you are going to create stamps and sell them to the public, you have to realize that other people are using your design to create their design. I hope I did not offend anyone. Just sayin............

Nope, not offended.

I copy cards a lot. LIke A LOT.
So when I sell cards, if somebody asks, I freely tell them that it wasn't my design. (I do that in my classes as well)

Bottom line though ... I'd sell them.