Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Papertrey Ink Cover Plates? (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/papertrey-ink-cover-plates-t576439.html)

purplescrapper 07-29-2013 01:24 PM

Papertrey Ink Cover Plates?

I saw an awesome card made with a PTI cover plate. I tried looking it up and see that PTI has terrible customer service. I am wondering 2 things:
1. Are the cover plates a reliable product?
2. Can you buy them elsewhere besides the PTI website?

buggainok 07-29-2013 01:31 PM

Don't have a coverplate, so I can't answer about that product.

I know PTI has had issues with customer service in the past. I don't know if I'm just lucky or what, but I've ordered from them frequently ever since they started the business, and I've been very pleased with all the products I ordered, mainly stamp sets and dies. They have shipped very promptly, and I've never had an issue with any of my orders.

Alice in Md 07-29-2013 02:18 PM

I have one of the PTI coverplates and use it in my Big Kick. At first I put it through the Big Kick straight-on, with a full straight edge going through first; this resulted in a great deal of stress on the machine and me. I learned to put the die into the machine a little cockeyed so that a corner would go through and the area being cut would gradually get larger. Because it's such a large cutting area, there are bound to be weak spots; I merely added a Post-It scrap to the parts that didn't cut through immediately. Also remember to rub the die with wax paper or dust it with an Embossing Buddy or add a piece of wax paper between the die and the cardstock or paper you are cutting; these will help the die-cut release from the die.

I don't consider my adaptations to cutting with the coverplate to be problems or reasons not to buy one. The die itself cuts very well, over and over and over; I just found ways to make the process work better for me.

I have not had any problems ordering from PTI, although others did for a while. I hope for their sake and ours that the problems have been solved.

gregzgurl 07-29-2013 05:22 PM

I've been following threads discussing PTI's customer service issues for a while, and it appears that they've finally got their act together - I'm reading good things now! I'm putting together an order, actually, which I never thought I'd do (based on what I was previously reading). Give it a try, I say - their products are really high quality.

SkyNacho 07-29-2013 05:27 PM

Papertrey Ink does not distribute its merchandise to others for sale. You may be able to find a cover plate used on their forum, or here, or somewhere else, but if you're looking to buy new, then the answer is no, you can't buy them elsewhere.

purplescrapper 07-29-2013 07:04 PM

Thanks for the info! I appreciate the replies.