Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Let's start ideas for next Christmas (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/lets-start-ideas-next-christmas-t405128.html)

STAMPTAYLOR 12-18-2008 02:22 PM

Let's start ideas for next Christmas
 
All the wonderful creating we don't have time for this year. Post the ideas for next December. lol


Honest, I am going to start in July in 2009



Patrice

jackie1 12-18-2008 03:19 PM

I will get on this band wagon. All the stuff that I wanted to make for Christmas this year and I just didn't seem to have time to get everything done. I plan on getting next years crafts started after Christmas so that I have them all done. I also have said this about my Christmas baking but I always end up baking until Christmas Eve. If we get enough of us doing this and keep monthly reminders maybe we can be done before Christmas next year.

jeanstamping2 12-18-2008 03:35 PM

My BF and I were just talking about doing something starting in Jan 2009.

This way by the time Christmas 2009 rolls around, We will be ready.

I'm going to make a Notebook folder to hold names of each family and friends names in.

Each month we are going to spend so much money per person. and then mark it down as we have a Gift for them.

So I will be making two of these Notebook folder for the both of us.

In the long run with will save us both money and time.

And I am going to start on Next years Christmas cards as well. Then I'll be done and ready to mail them out on time.

snowcountry311 12-18-2008 03:45 PM

when my dh was in the USMC groups of us wives would get together. we chose the 14th of each month. bring your own projects to work on. or learn a new craft/skill. i loved it. and also miss it.
by dec 14th everyone was ready to travel home for the holidays!

STAMPTAYLOR 12-18-2008 04:05 PM

I picked up some of the smaller rubbermaid tubs at WallyWorld, going to put all my holiday stamps, paper, embellishments into it. Keep all the stuff together, also any instructions, print outs, magazines. Will keep it easily accesible.


2009 here we come.


Patrice

csmilham 12-18-2008 04:12 PM

I had a lady call me this week and say she wanted to set a date, for September, to work on cards. LOL I usually have them done in Sept. Really! Because Oct-Dec. is just tooooooo hectic. Messed up this year. :(

SandyKayd 12-18-2008 04:13 PM

I always make my Christmas cards for the following year in December after I mail out my cards. I usually mail my cards out the first week of December and then while I'm in the holiday mood, I get busy making cards for the next year. No stress! I usually address my cards the weekend after Thanksgiving when I put up the decorations, etc. I have about 60 cards made already for next year! I do maybe up to 6 of the same design if I really like it. I never make them ALL the same. Also, I wanted to add that I keep my addresses on Word label format and edit them throughout the year as I get changes. THen all I need to do is print out the labels to put on the envelopes and sign the cards, put on the stamp and mail out!

askagain 12-18-2008 04:19 PM

Wow... you ladies are on top of things. I'm still working on this year!

nenanev 12-18-2008 06:06 PM

My problem is I want to do so many cute things but I just don't have the time. I definitely want to make 2010 calendars for my family. Those seem to be a big hit.

swain78 12-18-2008 06:48 PM

I'm in too! I've been making gift bags, finishing up cards, helping my DD with cards, and baking the last 3 days like a mad woman - and I didn't get to do half of the things I had intended! I like the notebook idea - just start tackling a few projects per month - I always try to do too much - maybe for 09 if I plan ahead, I can still do all I wanted to, it just won't be so overwhelming! Wouldn't that be nice :mrgreen:

Jaspere 12-18-2008 06:56 PM

I have to get Christmas stuff for this year done first. I do plan on making my cards early next year.

kitty14 12-18-2008 07:25 PM

I want to start my Christmas cards in January! LOL! "Dream on, dear!" says my HUBBY.:rolleyes:

contrapat 12-18-2008 07:30 PM

You know, I'm always all geeked up right AFTER the holiday, and since I never seem to get finished in time, maybe a group nudging each other to make things ahead would be fun? I've never actually gotten cards stamped for Christmas (gasp- don't ban me from SCS!). I'd love to send out handmade ones next year!

bound4london 12-18-2008 07:36 PM

I still have a few cards to make for this year. I have baked nothing so far and I should since we are snowed in this week in the Seattle area. But I am most certainly not ready to think of next year--but remind me in a few weeks. I am going to make tablecloths and napkins for my hubby's side of the family for next year and will hit the sales at Joannes as soon as I can get out on the roads.

GinaLin 12-19-2008 03:09 AM

I got more done this year than I have ever done before. I an still frantically working though!

Next year I plan to start earlier. I want to make more of the packaging fir my gifts and baked goods.

Joan B 12-19-2008 03:44 AM

Just finished my cards, and I started in July....I just don't have a lot of time to stamp.

For 2009, I'm changing my game plan. I am making mulitples of all the same, assembly style and I am starting them as soon as I can. I want them to be nice but not a stress to make.

Also, next Sept, when all the christmas stamps are released, I can leave my money in my wallet! I have so many Christmas sets that it is ridiculous not to use what I have.

identicaltriplets 12-19-2008 05:21 AM

Here is an idea for all of you for anytime next year:

I just made 3 journaling jars and notebooks for family members this week! These will make great gifts for any time of year. :) I purchased the jars and notebooks from Wal-Mart. Very inexpensive. TFL!

Journaling Jars & Notebooks

OakvilleMom 12-19-2008 08:14 AM

Altered Notebooks are a great idea! As are digital storybooks that can easily be printed in multiples.

I think that this time last year I said I would start in July-but all I did in July was start shopping for Christmas projects. LOL. I did start in November-but there is so much I would have loved to have done. So how about I start in January next year?

jeanette72 12-19-2008 11:13 AM

I all ready have orders for Christmas card, gift tag and gift card orders for next year already.

Jeanette

loxykelly 12-19-2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2 (Post 12413222)
My BF and I were just talking about doing something starting in Jan 2009.

This way by the time Christmas 2009 rolls around, We will be ready.

I'm going to make a Notebook folder to hold names of each family and friends names in.

Each month we are going to spend so much money per person. and then mark it down as we have a Gift for them.

So I will be making two of these Notebook folder for the both of us.

In the long run with will save us both money and time.

And I am going to start on Next years Christmas cards as well. Then I'll be done and ready to mail them out on time.

What a great idea!!

cvansluys 12-19-2008 03:10 PM

I started in October making my cards and gifts. I got a lot done. I think if I had been working I would not have gotten as much done and would have been purchasing gifts instead.

So, I will start making my Christmas cards in Jan. for next Christmas as someone else suggested. I will also make my tags....did not get that done this year and had to use store bought.

I am taking the ideas that are on the thread "What are you making for Christmas?" and picking out the ones I want to make. Gathering the items through out the year makes sense to me. Then when I have a free evening,usually Friday nights when DH watches his Sci-Fi shows, I can craft.

I like this brainstorming we are doing!

Cindy

RJP111 12-19-2008 04:06 PM

There is an annual Christmas Challenge here at SCS; it is in the Challenges forum. I signed up to make 5 cards each month in 2009. That should give me enough cards for next year.

I also want to make my gift tags well in advance of next Christmas. I'm making those "last minute" for this year and they are pretty simple. I want them to be much prettier for next year.

franb63 12-19-2008 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty14 (Post 12416837)
I want to start my Christmas cards in January! LOL! "Dream on, dear!" says my HUBBY.:rolleyes:

ROFLMBO sounds just like what mine said!

momis mama 12-19-2008 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty14 (Post 12416837)
I want to start my Christmas cards in January! LOL! "Dream on, dear!" says my HUBBY.:rolleyes:


it looks like i have about 18 left over from this year... does that count?! lol


so far i have on my 'stamping goal 2009' list

* 10 christmas cards per month
* 2-4 gift tags for christmas per month
* do valentine's cards/gifts/projects in january


keep 'em coming!

i think i am going to make a calendar specifically for my paper crafting projects! guess i need to get on that pretty soon.

edie3 12-19-2008 04:42 PM

I am subscribing to this, so I will not wait until the last minute! Oh, wait! That is my Christmas tradition, to wait!!

kitty14 12-19-2008 04:43 PM

WOW! OF COURSE IT COUNTS!!!! A gold star for YOU! You are in the lead in the "Christmas Card Stamping Race of 2009!" LOL! You GO GIRL!:-D

I'm behind you....uh!... somewhere waaaaaaay in the back of the group, near the starting line, with my acrylic block in one hand and my stamp pad in the other. LOL!:oops:

okstamper 12-19-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowcountry311 (Post 12413333)
when my dh was in the USMC groups of us wives would get together. we chose the 14th of each month. bring your own projects to work on. or learn a new craft/skill. i loved it. and also miss it.
by dec 14th everyone was ready to travel home for the holidays!

We did something like that too.

STAMPTAYLOR 12-19-2008 05:53 PM

Great idea, we need a specific scrapping/stamping calendar organizer.


Who's gonna volunteer to design one? lol



Patrice

cvansluys 12-19-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mama (Post 12425854)
it looks like i have about 18 left over from this year... does that count?! lol


so far i have on my 'stamping goal 2009' list

* 10 christmas cards per month
* 2-4 gift tags for christmas per month
* do valentine's cards/gifts/projects in january


keep 'em coming!

i think i am going to make a calendar specifically for my paper crafting projects! guess i need to get on that pretty soon.

Wow! Do you really send out 120 cards? Or just have leftovers for other years?

Got any great ideas for tags and Valentines projects? Inquiring minds want to know???

Cindy

Goegirl 12-19-2008 06:14 PM

This is a great thread! Thanks for starting it.
I'm going to spend January using up my leftover Christmas paper/ribbon etc... (as soon as I get the scrapbook pages done, that is!) on cards for next year. Nothing worse than keeping all those scraps and not being able to find coordinating solids next year b/c of the change of colour lines.

Also, on my after Christmas shopping list, I'd like to pick up some nice Christmas dp and accessories for way cheap.

I'm going to make:
  • Christmas wish lists (altered 1/2 jr. legal pads) for the ladies at school,
  • a coordinating set of stationery stuff (post-it holder, notebook, monogrammed note cards, pen...) for the teachers (I think there will be four of those next year),
  • 3x3 gift cards for people I mail to (planning to CASE these: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...ion=and&si=3x3)
  • and maybe some bath stuff with stamped labels for the neighbors. Haven't decided whether I'll make or buy the product.

See, I HAVE to start now or I'll never get done!!!

Oh, and I'd like to try having a booth at a local Christmas craft fair next year, so I'll be working on some sets of cards, notepads, post-it holders, that sort of thing!

Goegirl 12-19-2008 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluys (Post 12427051)
Wow! Do you really send out 120 cards? Or just have leftovers for other years?

Got any great ideas for tags and Valentines projects? Inquiring minds want to know???

Cindy

Hey, I thought I'd need about 40 cards - this year is the first time I ever actually kept track... I sent out/gave 115!!!!! (and, I have no friends irl! :mrgreen: )

momis mama 12-19-2008 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluys (Post 12427051)
Wow! Do you really send out 120 cards? Or just have leftovers for other years?

Got any great ideas for tags and Valentines projects? Inquiring minds want to know???

Cindy

i do usually use about 100-120+ cards...
i send cards to the residents at our county home (20)
i give cards to my mom to send (20)
my daughter always gives cards to her friends & teachers (easily another 20)
my huban gives cards to his co-workers (10-15)
i even sell a few (5-10)
i actually only mailed 35 myself this year!

here are some tags i did this year! i will be doing more of these next year too.

these are some bookmarks i made last year. i am planning on using them as inspiration to make the scraplings for next valentine's.
a few more valentine's...

real sweet on you
pretty in love
certainly sweet
elegant friends

cvansluys 12-19-2008 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goegirl (Post 12427443)
Hey, I thought I'd need about 40 cards - this year is the first time I ever actually kept track... I sent out/gave 115!!!!! (and, I have no friends irl! :mrgreen: )

Hey, I made 40 in Oct. but then CH said he needed 20 and then there were all the teachers/staff....that was another 10. So, yup.....I can see how it adds up!

Cindy

cvansluys 12-19-2008 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mama (Post 12427736)
i do usually use about 100-120+ cards...
i send cards to the residents at our county home (20)
i give cards to my mom to send (20)
my daughter always gives cards to her friends & teachers (easily another 20)
my huban gives cards to his co-workers (10-15)
i even sell a few (5-10)
i actually only mailed 35 myself this year!

here are some tags i did this year! i will be doing more of these next year too.

these are some bookmarks i made last year. i am planning on using them as inspiration to make the scraplings for next valentine's.
a few more valentine's...

real sweet on you
pretty in love
certainly sweet
elegant friends


I loved all you examples.....thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas too!
Cindy

kisa31707 12-19-2008 07:47 PM

Subscribing
 
I will put on my thinking cap!

JenniferCR 12-19-2008 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPTAYLOR (Post 12426993)
Great idea, we need a specific scrapping/stamping calendar organizer.


Who's gonna volunteer to design one? lol



Patrice

This is a wonderful idea! I'd like to see the finished product!!!! Hehe! :-D

tanjat67 12-19-2008 09:51 PM

I would like to start making my greeting cards early next year, so I can post them overseas in November or early December.

I am also organising what I am doing next year for christmas presents which I will be making mini christmas hampers for family and friends.

I wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year

cvansluys 12-20-2008 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanjat67 (Post 12428979)
I would like to start making my greeting cards early next year, so I can post them overseas in November or early December.

I am also organising what I am doing next year for christmas presents which I will be making mini christmas hampers for family and friends.

I wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year

Oh, that sounds interesting....would you describe it for us? Pics?

Cindy

momis mama 12-20-2008 04:31 AM

<-------- is also curious about the 'mini christmas hampers'

momis mama 12-20-2008 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cvansluys (Post 12428501)
I loved all you examples.....thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas too!
Cindy


thanks... i hope you were inspired!

merry christmas to you too!


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 03:40 AM.