Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Have you ever made..... (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/have-you-ever-made-t560752.html)

crazysuziestamper 09-09-2012 04:00 PM

Have you ever made.....

..a card, go back to it months later and say to yourself, "how did I do that"?

There was a single Christmas card I made about year ago and was looking at it last night. I still haven't figured out how I accomplished the glittered design. Maybe it was so tedious thats why I didn't make anymore...LOL

Really bugging me though. Know the light bulb will come on but right now feel really stupid!

CraftyMel2 09-09-2012 04:39 PM

More times than I can count!! My daughter asked me to recreate a card that I had made and I just went blank!! After that, I told myself that I would always make 2. One to give and one to keep with dimensions and instructions...yeah, that idea really never took off :)

fairsinger 09-09-2012 05:13 PM

Often, sadly! Drives me crazy!

GypsyRoseStamper 09-09-2012 05:38 PM

Oh, yeah! I have a swatch of dark blue paper sitting on my work table. On it is the letter "T" done in a glittery white paint that stands out great against the dark paper. It was a sample of some sort of medium I bought, but I'll be darned if I can figure out what it is! I thought it might be translucent medium or a form of Mod Podge, but nothing seems to get the same effect. Can't throw it away--- waiting to find it's maker!

Phantom 09-09-2012 07:48 PM

It's so funny to read this - the same thing just happened to me last night! I was thinking about a technique I did for some cards a few years ago. I knew I squirted alcohol inks on something, used it as a stamp pad, and stamped on both glossy and regular cardstock.

Later today, it finally dawned on me that it was baby wipes!!! Well, I was so happy I figured that out, but ... when I sat down to do it, I selected a photopolymer stamp. Ugh. It is stained beyond belief! It still stamps well, but good grief . . . it's been a long time since I've used alcohol inks, but how could I have forgotten that?!?

Cook22 09-09-2012 11:01 PM

LOL, that's why I try to put details in my uploads so that I have a personal record :D.

Scrapjanny 09-10-2012 02:43 AM

This happens to me all the time. :) I think I'm going to keep a little Post-It note inside the card with anything "special" that I did. When I use the card, I'll take a photo and put the info. in the metadata.

cat_woman 09-10-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrapjanny (Post 19676056)
This happens to me all the time. :) I think I'm going to keep a little Post-It note inside the card with anything "special" that I did. When I use the card, I'll take a photo and put the info. in the metadata.

Thats a good idea. I usually put info like this on the digital scrapbook pages so I can remember which kits I used, designer, special techniques, etc. I usually take pictures of my cards since I only make one (unless its a swap) and don't know why I never thought of doing this. Would make it a lot easier when trying to remember the supplies list when posting it to my blog (which I haven't done in a very long time too).

susie718 09-10-2012 09:47 AM

Because the same thing happens to me, I have taken to scanning cards I think I might make again so I have a color copy. I'll have to add notes about techniques on the side because that sounds like a great idea.

*Alice* 09-10-2012 10:41 AM

Like Susie, I scan my work, only I try get a pic of every project. For me, just looking at the scan usually jogs my memory. However, I don't use a lot of techniques, and I have a good memory (so I am told).

mandypandy 09-10-2012 04:33 PM

Ha! This is why I photograph and upload most cards here to SCS and my blog. Much more likely that I'll remember what I did after seeing the supplies or a link to a tutorial or challenge etc. I can't remember what I had for dinner no less how I made a card 2 years ago.... =)

regan4chris 09-10-2012 10:21 PM

If I do something that I think I might want to repeat I take a photo of the table before I clean up all the bits and pieces on I used

craftymomto2 09-11-2012 08:24 AM

I keep a small spiral notebook on my work table and then I write down all of the dimensions for future reference and also the day I posted it to my blog &/or on SCS.

susie718 09-11-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftymomto2 (Post 19679561)
I keep a small spiral notebook on my work table and then I write down all of the dimensions for future reference and also the day I posted it to my blog &/or on SCS.

What a great idea to keep the notebook there on the table for the dimensions! I always wish I had written them down when I later redo a card.