Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Favorite SU blogs or You Tube Videos (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/favorite-su-blogs-you-tube-videos-t567130.html)

barb smith 01-11-2013 07:37 PM

Favorite SU blogs or You Tube Videos

Just wondering what your favorite SU or other stamping blogs or videos. I enjoy reading Linda's stamping Loft and Such a Pretty Mess. Tell me yours.

Makalah 01-11-2013 09:09 PM

As a new-ish demo with a newly active blog (see my signature), I appreciate any new visitors/followers that want to stop by! I'm getting some posts and projects lined up for the next few days. :)

Here are some of the ones I like to follow, in no particular order:

Michelle Zindorf, Brayer Extraordinaire: http://zindorf.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/

Mary Fish, Stampin Pretty: Stampin' Up! Demonstrator - Mary Fish, Stampin' Pretty Blog, Stampin' Up! Card Ideas & Tutorials

Lydia/UnderstandBlue, SCS guru: Understand Blue

Lyssa, my fabulous upline: Song of My Heart Stampers

Have you followed Stampin' Up on Pinterest? Tons of inspiration and project samples there!

barb smith 01-11-2013 10:35 PM

Thanks for the great blog lists. I have looked at them all tonight and bookmarked them so I can go back. Your blog is coming along great. Another blog that I like is Stampin Style. Thanks for enabling me. I love finding new stamping blogs

SweetMissDaisy 01-11-2013 10:46 PM

I love Diana Gibbs! :)

Stamping With Di: Stampin' Up!

Allistamps123 01-11-2013 10:56 PM

Lalatty Stampin Stuff-Patricia Gorka
Bada-Bing! Paper-Crafting! Mindy (Bakkus? Maye I got that wrong)
Understand Blue-Lydia
Stamp With Heather-Heather Summers
Dawn's Stampin Thoughts-Dawn Griffith, great videos

I check in with these lovely ladies almost every day to see if something new has been posted!

Others...some Stampin Up is used
Mary Rose's Cafe-the first blog I found and still LOVE!
KWerner Design Blog-Kristina Werner

sc magnolia 01-12-2013 04:40 AM

As an SU demo and blogger myself, I follow several other demo's blog. Here are just a few of my favorites in no particular order:
Connie Stewart Simply Simple Stamping
Ann Marie Bryant AnnMarie's Stamping Adventures!!
Shana Gaff Stress-Free Stamping with Shana
Kerry Bunting KB Papercraft
Browyn Eastley KB Papercraft

Karen99 01-12-2013 10:43 AM

I would love to know how to "follow" a blog? Do you just bookmark it, or is there another way to do so? Thanks for answering my stupid question!!

maryrose 01-12-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allistamps123 (Post 19937386)
Lalatty Stampin Stuff-Patricia Gorka
Bada-Bing! Paper-Crafting! Mindy (Bakkus? Maye I got that wrong)
Understand Blue-Lydia
Stamp With Heather-Heather Summers
Dawn's Stampin Thoughts-Dawn Griffith, great videos

I check in with these lovely ladies almost every day to see if something new has been posted!

Others...some Stampin Up is used
Mary Rose's Cafe-the first blog I found and still LOVE!
KWerner Design Blog-Kristina Werner

God bless you, sweet friend! I can't believe I'm the first blog you ever found. Really? I'm honored! Back when I was a demo, I used a whole lotta SU. Not quite as much today, but I still have some favorites. But those spring minis always tempt me with their lovely assortments...I already have a list! :) Thanks for making my day!

sc magnolia 01-12-2013 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99 (Post 19938203)
I would love to know how to "follow" a blog? Do you just bookmark it, or is there another way to do so? Thanks for answering my stupid question!!

Karen, the button you need to click on is not always in the same place on a blog. I can tell you where mine is, you can see what it looks like, then you'll know what to look for on other blogs.

Right below the Magnolia's Place header, you see a couple of tabs the first of which says 'home'. Right below that is what you are looking for. It's a blue button that says, "join this site." It is nearly always found right above the little pictures of people already following the blog.

On my blog it is at the top. On some blogs, you find it along the sidebar perhaps down a ways. Hope this helps :D

CraftyMel2 01-12-2013 12:21 PM

I am big on watching You Tube! Fortunately, all of the bloggers I like also do videos!! My favorites (in random order) are:

Chic n Scratch - Angie Kennedy Juda
Stamp With Tami - Tami White
Stampin Pretty - Mary Fish
Stampin Smiles - Shelly Godby
Carolina's Creative Pad - Carolina (Carolina, like Cher, needs no last name!) :)
Dawns Stamping Thoughts - Dawn Griffith

amydav 01-12-2013 12:54 PM

Stamp with Brian dot com is great :)

klpt58 01-13-2013 12:03 PM

The 3 I check daily:
Dawn Griffith-I just love her attitude and Hello Stampers, great videos
Angie Kennedy Juda-great videos
Diana Gibbs-this blog makes me smile everyday, stamping and chatting.

The newest one I have found and am enjoying it is Connie Stewart and her flash cards.
Kathy T

LateBlossom 01-13-2013 02:20 PM

Audrie Magno-Gordon, also known as girlgeek101

kmatuschka 01-13-2013 04:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have subscribed to the RSS feeds of so many blogs that I had to make a separate folder for them. I'm sure I'll be adding even more with the ones named in this thread. Some aren't very active, but this is what my SU-RSS folder looks like:

Makalah 01-13-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen99 (Post 19938203)

I add the RSS feed to use with Google Reader. Works from any device I access the internet from (unlike browser favorites), and it works very well to keep me on top of everything i want to scan through or read.

Stampin Di 01-13-2013 08:50 PM

Anna, you are too sweet! I love you too!
Quote:

Originally Posted by SweetMissDaisy (Post 19937385)
I love Diana Gibbs! :)

Stamping With Di: Stampin' Up!

shirlb19 01-14-2013 11:22 AM

Hi Barb,

Here's a good one: Patty's Stamping Spot

Shirl

fairsinger 01-15-2013 06:22 AM

I follow several that have already been listed, but here are a few I love that I didn't see listed above:

Stamp & Scrap with Frenchie
djkardkreations
On A Stampage...
3 Monkeys throwing around some....PAPER!!!

As for following a blog, there are often several options. I have my own blog set to allow people to subscribe by email or they can click the "join this site" button and join through Google Friend Connect. I like using the Google feature because I can see new blog posts from my favorites in one place, but I also subscribe to some blogs via email, and I have several people who subscribe to my blog via email rather than through a reader. There are usually lots of options, so use whatever is easiest for you!

Rosiebudstamp 01-15-2013 06:32 AM

I follow several that are listed here....LOVE Frenchie and Dawn G especially the videos!

Rosiebudstamp 01-15-2013 07:16 AM

My new like ..Connie Stewart....love the flash card idea!

kmatuschka 01-15-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rosiebudstamp (Post 19943730)
My new like ..Connie Stewart....love the flash card idea!

Oh, my gosh - I LOVE that Flash card series!!

Rosiebudstamp 01-15-2013 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmatuschka (Post 19940505)
I have subscribed to the RSS feeds of so many blogs that I had to make a separate folder for them. I'm sure I'll be adding even more with the ones named in this thread. Some aren't very active, but this is what my SU-RSS folder looks like:

Some excellent ones...tfs

binkiemonstermom 01-15-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

I follow several that have already been listed, but here are a few I love that I didn't see listed above:

Oh how sweet!!! Thank you!!! I have enjoyed blogging so much!! I am so happy to see new followers and visits each day!!!! Thanks!!!

sc magnolia 01-15-2013 11:33 AM

Okay, I have a related question for you all. What is it about your favorite blogs that you like? A couple people mentioned videos. What other types of things do you like to see?

Love2Craft 01-15-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmatuschka (Post 19943802)
Oh, my gosh - I LOVE that Flash card series!!

Another fan of Connie Stewart's Flash Card series!!

kmatuschka 01-15-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairsinger (Post 19943620)

Stamp & Scrap with Frenchie
djkardkreations
On A Stampage...

As for following a blog, there are often several options. I have my own blog set to allow people to subscribe by email or they can click the "join this site" button and join through Google Friend Connect. I like using the Google feature because I can see new blog posts from my favorites in one place, but I also subscribe to some blogs via email, and I have several people who subscribe to my blog via email rather than through a reader. There are usually lots of options, so use whatever is easiest for you!

I just went and looked the djkardkreations blog. Oh, my gosh, her Playhouse is to DIE for. I wonder if she would adopt me? I could happily live in that for the rest of my life. (I haven't actually looked at any of her creative stuff because I can't get off the playhouse page!)

fairsinger 01-15-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmatuschka (Post 19944363)
I just went and looked the djkardkreations blog. Oh, my gosh, her Playhouse is to DIE for. I wonder if she would adopt me? I could happily live in that for the rest of my life. (I haven't actually looked at any of her creative stuff because I can't get off the playhouse page!)

Isn't it amazing? Just wait until you read some of her posts...she is hilarious! I literally laugh out loud most days.

fairsinger 01-15-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnolia (Post 19944193)
Okay, I have a related question for you all. What is it about your favorite blogs that you like? A couple people mentioned videos. What other types of things do you like to see?

Carole, I really enjoy your blog!

To answer your question, I really like to read blogs with written or video tutorials, or even just an explanation of how the blogger created the card. I love learning new techniques and getting new design ideas, so this is what I look for. Some of my favorite bloggers also tell a little about their lives in their posts and I feel compelled to keep reading to follow their stories. I don't post a lot of personal details on my own blog, but I do enjoy reading it on others' blogs!

I am hoping more people respond to your question...I'm interested in hearing what others are looking for!

sc magnolia 01-15-2013 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fairsinger (Post 19944461)
Carole, I really enjoy your blog!

To answer your question, I really like to read blogs with written or video tutorials, or even just an explanation of how the blogger created the card. I love learning new techniques and getting new design ideas, so this is what I look for. Some of my favorite bloggers also tell a little about their lives in their posts and I feel compelled to keep reading to follow their stories. I don't post a lot of personal details on my own blog, but I do enjoy reading it on others' blogs!

I am hoping more people respond to your question...I'm interested in hearing what others are looking for!

Thanks Amy!

kmatuschka 01-15-2013 03:04 PM

I love the tutorials and videos.

amsmiles 01-18-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc magnolia (Post 19937513)
As an SU demo and blogger myself, I follow several other demo's blog. Here are just a few of my favorites in no particular order:
Connie Stewart Simply Simple Stamping
Ann Marie Bryant AnnMarie's Stamping Adventures!!
Shana Gaff Stress-Free Stamping with Shana
Kerry Bunting KB Papercraft
Browyn Eastley KB Papercraft

Awww! Thank you Carole! You are so sweet! *big hug!* :)