Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/)
-   -   Envelopes (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-f17/envelopes-t565715.html)

kandmwilson 12-11-2012 10:04 AM

Envelopes

Where do you buy your envelopes? I'm just getting back into making cards and need to pick up some envelopes.

cr8iveme 12-11-2012 10:16 AM

The last large batch of envelopes I bought was either from Office Max or Office Depot.

HTH

muscrat 12-11-2012 04:36 PM

I just bought four boxes of 100 each for $5 at Staples. I check in there whenever I get up that way and if they are on sale like that, I buy a bunch.

winnieu 12-11-2012 05:27 PM

I also pick up envelopes at Staples. I mostly do white, but have a supply of ivory and other colors. I also pick up a few different sizes so I have them on hand for when I want to make a larger card, or one that is rather thick.

maslex 12-11-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 19879087)
I just bought four boxes of 100 each for $5 at Staples. I check in there whenever I get up that way and if they are on sale like that, I buy a bunch.

Color me stupid, but I never thought of going somewhere like Staples or any other office store to buy envelopes!!!!!!! What a great idea!!!

I usually buy them from Stampin Up and quite a few years ago I bought a couple boxes from Walmart. They were such a good deal that I bought like 3 boxes and I stored them in my basement (it's where I have all my stamping/scrapbooking stuff) Since I only send out 40-50 Christmas cards a year, I really didn't use them up as fast as I thought and one year when I went to go use them, they seemed like they were all shriveled up and the adhesive didn't stick. I wonder if it's just because of the humidity down there or something else.

imthenoni 12-11-2012 08:22 PM

We have a company called "If It's Paper". It is a small store that has school supplies for teachers; paper products for parties (not like Party City); paper-type office supplies; gift wrapping supplies; you can order engraved, etc invitations, etc. They do have a website as well. We usually buy a 250 count box for around $15ish. They are the A3 envies and are nice quality. Check those stores out in your area as well.

Holly Joy 12-12-2012 04:20 AM

I purchase mine from envelopes.com.

RiverIsis 12-12-2012 06:05 AM

I have purchased from Walmart, Staples and just recently Office Depot. I am trying to limit my purchases from the first two for their policies (sorry to get political) So went to Office Depot last time to get my envelopes (now I will probably find out why I shouldn't have gone there :lol:).

They are good for basic envelopes.

If I were doing invitations or something more formal I would want a thicker quality.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maslex (Post 19879565)
Color me stupid, but I never thought of going somewhere like Staples or any other office store to buy envelopes!!!!!!! What a great idea!!!

I usually buy them from Stampin Up and quite a few years ago I bought a couple boxes from Walmart. They were such a good deal that I bought like 3 boxes and I stored them in my basement (it's where I have all my stamping/scrapbooking stuff) Since I only send out 40-50 Christmas cards a year, I really didn't use them up as fast as I thought and one year when I went to go use them, they seemed like they were all shriveled up and the adhesive didn't stick. I wonder if it's just because of the humidity down there or something else.

Yes, you have a humidity/dampness problem... You may be able to salvage them. I too craft in my finished basement, I have gone to using the self seal envelopes with pull strips and see if you can find some silica packs (in shoe boxes) and store them with your envelopes/cardstock. It really does help.

whoistracy 12-12-2012 07:30 AM

I get mine at AnchorPaper:

Anchor Paper Co :: Online Ordering

They have great service & prices and even with shipping it's been cheaper than I can find locally.

maryrose 12-12-2012 11:55 AM

I just picked some up from Hobby Lobby yesterday. They're from The Paper Source, and they were 40 percent off.

PedalPower 12-12-2012 03:42 PM

Heinrich Envelope - Your Source for Greeting Envelopes and Commercial Envelopes
I bought two boxes of these from Heinrich. Great service and nice envelopes. They're not terribly thick, but they are super for the price.

arlenevita 12-12-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedalPower (Post 19881295)
I bought two boxes of these from Heinrich. Great service and nice envelopes. They're not terribly thick, but they are super for the price.

I have to keep this website in mind for our printing business...

lovemycards 12-12-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PedalPower (Post 19881295)

Get to Heinrich via Donate & Shop | Operation Write Home
You get 10% discount and helps out a great cause in the meantime.