Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-30-2008, 03:30 AM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone order from Oh My Crafts before?

I placed an order with them 10 days ago and just checked and found they still have not shipped my order. Anyone have experience with their shipping?

Sibylle
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 03:42 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

sometimes when I order crafts through amazon.com it is really from oh my crafts. they are slow, but the stuff gets there...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 05:35 AM   #3  
Watercolor Wizard

My experience is that they are slow to ship as well, but the price was right so I (almost) patiently waited...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 05:51 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have ordered from them....worth the wait!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 05:57 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ordered from them a few times. I've since stopped ordering. Their shipping is very, very slow. Also, if the item(s) are out of stock, you don't know it till you get your order. They take your money in full at the start, then do ship the out of stock item(s) when ever. I had to write and ask when they were going to ship the rest of my order.....took a while to get a response. I feel I would rather deal elsewhere instead.

If you get on their e-mail listing, you get e-mails from them almost daily if not more.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 05:57 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Oh yeah...

I've recently ordered some cuttlebug folders...still haven't received the rest of my order from over a month ago..

Apparently there is a huge backorder on the folders which wasn't mentioned on the Oh My Crafts website...I've been emailing customer service and that is what they told me..

Trying to be patient as well..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 06:23 AM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

I got some cuttlebug folders from ebay, from them. I got the shipment but was missing 3. When I emailed them I was told they were out of stock and would be sent later. I aksed why they would be selling them on ebay if they were out of stock and i never got an answer to that one. I was able to pick some others to replace them. It left a really bad impression on me, after all I had waited 2 weeks shipping for those in the first place.

I almost bought some more from them, as when I was looking for my swiss dots folder they were the only one that had it listed.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 06:32 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I purchased from them in a Buy It Now auction on Ebay and the items were out of stock. It took forever for them to e-mail me back and I had to threaten disputing the transaction with PayPal to get resolution. Shipping was extremely slow - even for the item or two that was in stock. It was a very frustrating experience and I'll never order from them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 08:08 AM   #9  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Bad experience too

I will NOT order from them again. As others have said, very slow shipping, VERY poor communication and I had to open an Ebay dispute to get them to answer me......good luck, hope you are a patient person!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was somewhat annoyed that I didn't find out that 2 of my embossing folders were out of stock until my stuff arrived in the mail. It was really slow on shipping, but because I'm in Canada, the shipping rates are really reasonable. I really hate ordering stuff from US sites that charge more than what the product is worth for shipping. I looked at a couple other sites with similar prices and their shipping was way more than double, so I guess I'm willing to wait. I always say - money in my pocket is better than in someone else's. I did place another order from them the other day, so we'll see how that goes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 09:30 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

I almost ordered from them this week. I didn't like that with certain items you had to order in bulk. It was weird to me. Glad I read this thread. I won't be ordering from them no matter what they have.

I am really shocked to hear they are selling Buy It Now on eBay when they are out of stock. That is basically fraud in my opinion and I am sure a major TOS violation on eBay. I would have turned them in for that. Maybe the thought of being kicked off eBay would make them rethink their crappy customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 10:27 AM   #12  
Pearl-ExPert

Funny, after I posted this thread I got an e-mail from them saying my stuff had shipped. Almost makes you wonder if they read SCS. I won't know what they are shipping by snail mail until I get it though. I ordered from them because they were the only ones who had the embossing folders I wanted. Everyone else was out of stock. I think it took so long because they were also out of stock but they didn't bother to mention it on their site. Just guessing.

Sibylle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 10:55 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have ordered from them without any problem. I guess there was nothing out of stock when I ordered. I'm glad to know all this info tho...it might have a bearing on ordering from them again!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 10:58 AM   #14  
Mad Swapper

I ordered from them since they're in a neighboring city, hoping to get my items quicker. I would have been better off ordering from a source known for fast shipping even if it was located across the country. I won't order from them again, because I don't like the wait (almost two weeks)!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 11:09 AM   #15  
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't do it! They advetise and sell what they know is not in stock...ALL the time! I ordered from them once, but never again. If you are looking for a great on line store, I would recomend All That Scraps. You know exactly how many of what item they have in stock and if they are out of stock it tells you right under the picture of that item. Customer service is EXCELLENT!

I design for Heartfelt Creations,
The Stamps Of Life
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 12:06 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Yes, took weeks to my things...ended up getting 2 free CB folders because I complained.

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 12:42 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

I got an email from them yesterday too stating they had finally shipped out my order. I'm hoping it's the 3 cuttlebug folders I didn't get that I ordered on March 21, 2008! I understand they may have had difficulty getting certain items, but I know 2 people, one and SCS member, who ordered from completey different companies 2 weeks ago and have been enjoying their Swiss Dot folder! grrrrrr....makes me cranky. Anyway, lets hope what I ordered finally get's here and I don't think I would order from them again.

Carrie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 12:55 PM   #18  
Kookie Creator

Funny...

I just received my back ordered items from March 24 today!

Maybe I should have started this thread earlier??!!??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 01:16 PM   #19  
Insane Embellisher

I've ordered from them 3 times. The first two times things were a little slow in arriving and once a couple of items were out of stock.

The third time my order never arrived at all. I never got a shipping confirmation. Once the time had passed when I thought I should have either heard from them or received my order, I e-mailed them for 3 weeks without any response other than the canned "thank you for your e-mail" automated response. I also looked up their telephone number, called long distance and left 2 messages without response before I finally got some one to answer the phone. Their response was that they had UPS confirmation of delivery 6 weeks prior (that's how long I was trying to get some kind of response from them). They were rather rude and no help other than telling me I could check with UPS to see what happened to my stuff, but that it was probably stolen.

I filed with Paypal. Oh My Crafts waited until the last day to respond, but since there was delivery confirmation, Paypal decided in their favor. So I looked up their business licensing to get ownership and mailing address information and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau closest to their corporate home town. They did respond to the BBB and refunded my entire payment and also were generous in also sending a number of the items I had had in my order - they indicated that the rest of the items were out of stock. I did e-mail them - twice - to request an invoice for the items I received in the second shipment because they had refunded my full payment to PayPal, but I just got their usual canned automated response.

So I do have to say they did finally resolve the problem and I was satisfied with the outcome. However, I will never order from them again as I don't think it should take such effort to get a customer service response and there are too many other on-line vendors who provide comparable prices.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 01:46 PM   #20  
Stazon Splitcoast

There is another thread or two on this somewhere...a lot of unhappy people...I have ordered from them too and had VERY SLOW delivery times...way over 30 days. Will also never order from them again..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-30-2008, 01:59 PM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Skype™ to okstamper

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkippetView Post
I've ordered from them 3 times. The first two times things were a little slow in arriving and once a couple of items were out of stock.

The third time my order never arrived at all. I never got a shipping confirmation. Once the time had passed when I thought I should have either heard from them or received my order, I e-mailed them for 3 weeks without any response other than the canned "thank you for your e-mail" automated response. I also looked up their telephone number, called long distance and left 2 messages without response before I finally got some one to answer the phone. Their response was that they had UPS confirmation of delivery 6 weeks prior (that's how long I was trying to get some kind of response from them). They were rather rude and no help other than telling me I could check with UPS to see what happened to my stuff, but that it was probably stolen.

I filed with Paypal. Oh My Crafts waited until the last day to respond, but since there was delivery confirmation, Paypal decided in their favor. So I looked up their business licensing to get ownership and mailing address information and filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau closest to their corporate home town. They did respond to the BBB and refunded my entire payment and also were generous in also sending a number of the items I had had in my order - they indicated that the rest of the items were out of stock. I did e-mail them - twice - to request an invoice for the items I received in the second shipment because they had refunded my full payment to PayPal, but I just got their usual canned automated response.

So I do have to say they did finally resolve the problem and I was satisfied with the outcome. However, I will never order from them again as I don't think it should take such effort to get a customer service response and there are too many other on-line vendors who provide comparable prices.
I agree! I'll never order from them again. They were rude to me as well. I did almost the same thing...kept calling, no answer that type of thing and so on. Was very disappointed.

If you dont get your swiss folder, I have an extra one you can have and no cost to mail to you..let me know!

Bonnie
My Blog~Bonnie's Creative Corner
Every Job is a Self-Portrait of the Person Who Did It.
Autograph Your Work With Excellence.~Author Unknown
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2008, 03:45 AM   #22  
Inking Addict

I ordered from them as well and was missing 3 Cuttlebug folders. They have since shipped them and I got them yesterday. They emailed me and told me they were on b/o from the company that makes them. I think the folders are such a hot commodity now that everyone is having a hard time keeping them in stock. I was pleased with the response they gave me, so I am not going to say I wouldn't order from them anymore. I think the b/o could happen to any other company.
Carol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2008, 05:43 AM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Oh, my. Now I am concerned about what I will actually be getting. They didn't say in their email, only that they had shipped a package. Well, lesson learned. Perhaps this will turn out alright for me, but I doubt that I will order from them again.

Sibylle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2008, 05:45 AM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

I had a negative experience with them as well.

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-01-2008, 06:15 AM   #25  
Hardware Hotshot

I too will NOT be ordering from them again. They do not respond to phone calls or email messages. Had to open a complaint through Paypal about them. I do not like the way they do business -- taking your money without informing you that they do not have the item.

Glenda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2008, 08:40 AM   #26  
Cardstock Collector

Default shipping callenges with Oh My Crafts

Hello all,
Am new to this forum and wish I had been a member before ordering from Oh My Crafts. The order was placed weeks ago, paid with PayPal and still has not arrived. The company has not responded to multiple emails or phone calls. Did discover the request for a limited use permit by the company owner to the Alpine City Utah planning commission which follows:

2. CONDITIONAL USE PERMITS FOR HOME OCCUPATIONS:
Oh My Crafts, Inc. � 351 River Road � Sandra Cottle: Ms. Cottle requested a permit for her on-line scrap-booking business. She kept very little inventory because she shipped the good immediately. No customers visited the home.

This probably explains the long wait in shipping.

You can view the request by searching complaints Oh My Crafts! and the url will be returned. This system doesn't allow me to post URLs as a new user.

My next step is to contact paypal. Wonder how many people have had to file disputes about them with Paypal?

Happy Scrapping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2008, 09:45 AM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by SibylleView Post
I placed an order with them 10 days ago and just checked and found they still have not shipped my order. Anyone have experience with their shipping?
I placed my order on April 23...still waiting (and waiting and waiting!). No way, no how will I order from them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had ordered on Apr. 29 a couple of things to send out as a birthday gift for the end of May. I checked my order on line and it said that it was still being "processed". I email them and asked when the order will be shipped. I got a response right away saying that the payment didn't go through until May 7th! I checked my bank records and the money was taken out of my account the same day I placed the order! I email them back and told them that and explained that the items were intended to be gifts and I need them by the 15th in order to get them to the person on time. I got an email back within minutes saying that she had expedited my order and that that it was shipped that afternoon. I'm pleased with the service I got from Oh My Crafts. I'm not pleased with paypal holding my money for a week tho:twisted:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2008, 11:33 AM   #29  
Pearl-ExPert

In fairness to the above company, I do have to say that after my stuff shipped I did get what I ordered priority mail. So, for me, it turned out well. But I'm not sure I would order from them again, considering what others have said.

Sibylle
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2008, 05:02 PM   #30  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Somewhere in the middle...closer to there, nearer to here...

I was very frustrated with the order that I placed there and won't order from them again. I ordered Cuttlebug folders (which were not noted to be out-of-stock on their web page) back in early March, and about 2-3 weeks after I ordered, 2 of the 4 folders showed up with a packing slip that said all 4 folders had been sent. When I sent an email to the company, no one answered the email and then I sent a couple more emails and eventually after I sent a nasty email someone responded and was very apologetic saying that the two folders would be sent as soon as they came in. About a month after that, I get an email offering me the chance to cancel my order as the folders were going to be even more later than originally estimated. Since I had already been waiting for almost 6 weeks, I just kept the order and did not cancel. So I finally received all of my order almost 2 months after I placed the order.

Honestly...I don't mind waiting. I've been ordering the Nestabilities from Cut at Home and have understood that the orders would take awhile (which is fine because I knew that in advance and I'm saving so much money), but Oh My Crafts never told me the items were out of stock and the savings was really inconsequential compared to other sites.

Just call me ...Very Disappointed :(

My 182.5 day Photo Blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #31  
Glitter Queen

Oh Poopy.... I just placed an order with them about 20 mins ago.
To me it's very bad customer service, when you don't say upfront that you don't have it in stock.
I will try calling and emailing to cancel my order.
Ree (1st time poster...who has been lurkin' for MONTHS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #32  
Cardstock Collector

Wouldn't order again...

I'm new to SCS and never posted before but when I saw this thread I had to respond. I too recently ordered from Oh My Crafts and had a similar experience. Very, very slow shipping. I was looking for a Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder and their site was the only one who was listing it as in-stock. I thought it was too good to be true, and it was. When I received my order, there was a note in my order saying the embossing folder was on backorder which really irritated me since the website led to believe it was in stock! That's not the worst part...

I ordered some a Cuttlebug die organizer and additional storage pages. I was tickled pink when I received it, opened up the package smiling, then realized that the holes of the folders were punched in the wrong place (the spacing off and it was not where it should have been) so I couldn't actually put the storage pages in the storage binder (hope that makes sense).

I first sent an email about the faulty product and didn't get any response for a week. Then I made many attempts to call the customer service to no avail. I finally got an email back saying that I should contact the vendor (Provo Craft) directly. I called Provo Craft and the phone number didn't work and there was no email option! UGH. By this time, I was ready to give up. It's too much time to devote to it, so I just figured I wouldn't order from them again. :eek:

Out of frustration, I just used my trusty SU Crop-a-dile and punched a hole to make it work in the storage binder. Oh well, long story short, I had to make lemonade from my lemons.

One more quick thing -- ever use Google Maps? It's awesome and kind of scary at the same time. Anyways, I googled the business address and it's actually a residence so I assume it's a home business which may explain many of the complaints on this thread as well as the very slow shipping. Regardless, I wouldn't order from them again.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-02-2008, 01:26 PM   #33  
Embossing Fanatic

Big, Big Thumbs Down. I already ranted on another thread about this company. Needless to say I have to file a claim with my credit card company and file a report with the BBB. I have been trying to get a issue resolved for almost 2 months.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 03:47 AM   #34  
Mad Swapper

I ordered 4 cuttlebug folders from them in June, including the Swiss Dots one that seems to be difficult to find. They took my order and it was shipped to me within two weeks, I believe. Perhaps it was because of the complaints made against them and they got their act together? I paid by credit card, and didn't use PayPal, so maybe that was the difference? I was very surprised to read these comments about their terrible service.

I do get their frequent emails, but even though I had no problems with my order, I am hesitant to order from them again.

Last edited by wiggynine; 07-03-2008 at 03:50 AM.. Reason: Needed to add more info
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 04:51 AM   #35  
Pearl-ExPert

Send a message via Skype™ to jennifer-g

I preordered some Seasonal Cuttlebug stuff from them -- so I haven't gotten it yet. Although I did have a question and sent multiple emails AND called them before I was able to get an email response....and then my question was NOT answered, I got a token 2 sentences. Also, I am moving so I tried to update my address and I have no idea if they got that either because I got no response to that. I actually had to call 3 times because the first 2 times the voicemail box was full and I couldn't even leave a message. The 3rd time I left a VM and then got an email response {the one that didn't answer my question}. I wanted to preorder a bunch more CB stuff from the release #4, but I won't be ordering it from them I can tell you that much.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 05:12 AM   #36  
Pearl-ExPert

Yip, I pre-ordered the new Cuttlebug stuff from them BEFORE I found this thread. Since it states on the website that the new folders won't be shipping until late July, early August, I can't weigh in with an opinion but I am a little nervous about it now - and very glad it wasn't a big order....

Kinda hoping someone from that company has read this thread and will be making some adjustments to their customer service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 06:49 AM   #37  
Inking Addict

I have ordered from them 2 times. The first order was nine cuttlebug embossing folders, one of which was the popular Swiss Dots folder. The order came after three weeks had passed. One folder was "backordered". It wasn't the Dotted Swiss folder, but another one. The missing one was sent fairly promptly, in about two weeks.

Now I have on order some of the new seasonal embossing folders. I will wait and hold my judgment of their service until the second shipment comes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 06:59 AM   #38  
Pearl-ExPert

I just ordered from them a few weeks ago when the big rush about the new CB items was going on. I didn't order any preorder stuff, but did order some CB items. I was emailed about a week and a half after I ordered that one of my items was backordered without an expected ship date and I could email them back and get a refund if I chose too. I did request a refund and it was handled promptly. I ordered the same item from another company and it arrived within two postal days. I am skeptical if I will order from them again, but I can't say I had bad service.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 07:06 AM   #39  
Stampin' Fool

GREEEEAAAAATTTT! I pre-ordered 2 seperate orders for CB folders from them back in May. Of course I don't have them yet, because they were a pre-order. Hopefully they'll send them out quickly. I think the biggest problem with a LOT of online "stores" is that they are run out of someone's home who gets overwhelmed with the response and wants to appease people but just can't truly handle running a business.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-03-2008, 07:21 AM   #40  
Stampin' Fool

All these comments about slow shipping are getting me worried. A few days ago I ordered a large amount of snowflake brads from them for my Christmas card stamp a stack being help 7/12/08. If they don't arrive in time, I'll be scrambling at the last minute to design another card. I did receive an email that they shipped. I hope it's true.
Reply With Quote Likes