Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-27-2006, 05:48 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Printed Paper Organization

I can barely keep all my solid color cardstock organized and at hand. Over the years I have collected many sheets of decorative paper with plans to use it. Problem is that if I put it files there is no way to describe these individual sheets so that I can remember what I have. I am overloaded with paper I love and don't want to give up, but constantly forget to use. How do you make sure you remember what you have? (Can you all tell I am in an organizing mood).
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2006, 06:02 PM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I'd love to help, but I have no idea either! I don't have a whole lot, so I keep mine on shelves I made from wire cubes from Target. You could try organizing by color, or theme, or company. Or a combination of those three. Floral, shapes, text, etc. I guess I do have some ideas after all!

Here are several links showing the shelving. The "shelves" are attached using zip ties from the electrical department.Wire cube shelving
Wire cube shelving 2
Wire cube shelving 3 Now that's a lot of paper!!

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2006, 06:33 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

I do not have a "system" for remembering what I have, but my solution to my problem of not remembering what I have is to NOT BUY anymore printed paper!!! LOL I go through my printed paper often, and if I really can not find anything that goes with a page I have in mind to scrapbook, or a project I have in mind, then I will break down and buy ONLY what I need.

I went on a paper binge for about a year.....now I have enough to wallpaper my house 4 times over!!! LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2006, 06:56 PM   #4  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think this is much of a system, but here's what I have to work with at this point. This is a topic I'm trying to get ideas about as well, since I'll be moving later this summer and would like to have an idea of how to set up my new space in the new house.

Here's what I do currently -- I have 6 12x12 drawers from Walmart stacked under my sorry excuse for a cutting table. ;) I organize the drawers by manufacturer, or by type of paper. For example, all Basic Grey is in one drawer, Daisy D in another, and I have "random manufacturers" drawers for papers that are similar, separated by pastels, vintage, woodsy/masculine, etc. I really like these paper storage units, but don't really like how I have them in the room currently. But, my room is a home office too and is certainly not like I would like it. Looking forward to the move where I can get organized!!

So, uh ... the whole memory thing is just another issue I have -- and it's not limited to just paper!! :mrgreen:
Illustrator: Whipper Snapper Designs

Last edited by SweetMissDaisy; 11-17-2007 at 05:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 06:34 AM   #5  
Crimping Master

I also would love to hear more ideas of storing patterned paper. I have to rifle through each page looking for the one I want. Not very efficient.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 06:38 AM   #6  
The Digi-Freak

I have a big accordian type 12x12 file. I keep them divided by colors..... all yellows together, browns together, greens together, etc....

so if I am working on a pixie pink and celery color combo I can open to the pinks or the greens and dig through for a perfect matching paper

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 08:37 AM   #7  
Kookie Creator

Default Sort by theme

I use cropper hopper vertical organizers and sort paper by theme and/or manufacturer.

For example, each provo craft slab is separated by a divider (rob n bob, pastels), my K&Co Life's Journey (vintage), Basic Grey Sublime (shabby chic). This way I look for things by theme, if I'm making a kids page/card I would look at rob n bob or pastels, a heritage one in my vintage papers etc.

This works for me (right now). I also keep the slab cover (with the swatches) with my papers for a quick review of what I've got.

I've got all my papers in about 3 CH vertical holders.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-28-2006, 09:20 AM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I organize mine by theme...Holiday, Travel, Baby, Outdoors, Birthday, Special. This has really helped me find what I am looking for.
Reply With Quote Likes