Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-10-2009, 05:48 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pre Cut Nestibles

Is there a place you can actually buy pre cut shapes - like the ones you would get from nestibles?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 05:50 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

What shapes are you looking for?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 05:55 AM   #3  
Gabfest Goddess

I guess any really - when I look at this link, there are tons of shapes that I like but I'm not even sure what you use to cut them, and I have NONE of those machines - so I was curious if there was a place that you could just buy precut shapes, that would be great.
http://www.ellenhutson.com/servlet/t...ies/Categories
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

well if you join RAK and then WRAK you can wish for them and even ask for specific colors. sometimes on Ebay you will find people selling lots of stuff too.

or you could just buy a machine and kick yourself in the head for not doing it sooner. Truly, the Cuttlebug was the single BEST purchase I have made, EVER when it comes to my crafting.. and I started doing just the CB folders, it took me a while to get the Nesties.

you can buy a CB base machine without any extra goodies for like $40 I think. and then just buy whatever folders and dies you want.

and SU! sells a machine now with soem exclusive to SU! des.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 06:37 AM   #5  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsjvbView Post
or you could just buy a machine and kick yourself in the head for not doing it sooner. Truly, the Cuttlebug was the single BEST purchase I have made, EVER when it comes to my crafting.. and I started doing just the CB folders, it took me a while to get the Nesties.

you can buy a CB base machine without any extra goodies for like $40 I think. and then just buy whatever folders and dies you want.
ditto. what she said.

joann's usually has a huge blow-out sale around thanksgiving, if you can wait that long ;)
Old 09-10-2009, 06:42 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

So does the cuttlebug cut and emboss - and you just by the nestabilities dies? Do the SU dies work on that too? I'm also confused on what ALL you have to buy with the machines, like cutting mats? Templates? I am really confused on this whole machine thing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 06:59 AM   #7  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you try Etsy? They seem to have every shape imaginable for sale over there these days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 07:04 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want to go the cheap, easy route, I would recommend the Cuttlebug, usually on sale, or you can use a coupon to buy it. The Nestabilities dies will work fine in it. You don't need anything extra to cut with the Nesties, but if you want to emboss your cut pieces, you need a tan mat which you can buy from Spellbinders, or many other places.

I don't use the SU dies, so don't know how they work in the Cuttlebug. I find the variety of Nestabilities are sufficient for my cardmaking.

You can also get very inexpensive Cuttlebug embossing folders to use. Google and look at a Cuttlebug demo to see what a great little machine it is.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 07:11 AM   #9  
Splitcoast Gallery Moderator

Quote:

Originally Posted by VHarrellView Post
So does the cuttlebug cut and emboss - and you just by the nestabilities dies? Do the SU dies work on that too? I'm also confused on what ALL you have to buy with the machines, like cutting mats? Templates? I am really confused on this whole machine thing.
In the Tool & Products section there are some great FAQs about different machines.

When using Nestabilities in the Cuttlebug you will also need to purchase the Tan Embossing mat along with your Nestabilities dies.

Have fun checking out the different machines!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 07:28 AM   #10  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

The CB slices,dices, juliennes, cuts,embosses and generally is a way cool toy. you can use ANY brand of Embossing folder or die in it, SU!. Nesties, even the Sizzlets and whatnot. CB makes their own dies as well and I have a couple of them but I do prefer the Spellbinders Line just for variety and versatility.

a Basic machine will come with the machine, cutting/embossing plates and spacer Plates. the Tan embossing mat comes separately. you can use other substitutions such as plumbers gasket( much cheaper)

A, B and C Plates. the B plates are the ones you want to immediately buy extras of as they will be the ones that get cut up when cutting out dies. I always have 2 full sets.. one I use for JUST embossing and One set for ONLY cutting out dies, as they get warped and dinged up pretty bad. as long as you rotate them around they will last a LONG time though. it was nearly a year before I threw out my first B plate. but you still want spares because inevitably one WILL break in the middle of a project. you can use a Michaels coupon on them and get them 40 or 50% off which brings them down to like $10 or less.

the A and C plates are spacer plates and you will always use at least the A plate. The C Plate pretty much gets used when you want to emboss a Nestie. you can use a pair of B plates to emboss a CB folder.

there are recipes out there that will tell you what configuration of plates to use for other Brands of folders and dies.

I should also mention that I have very very VERY Bad arthritis and the CB is EXTREMELY easy for me to operate. and somebody has come out with an electric one( muchly more expensive though of course).

My friend has a Big Shot and its the same.. you can use any brand of die or embossing folder as long as you have the right sandwich recipe.

as for buying Nesties: cut at home does a 40% off coupon every month that can be used on the sets which is a GREAT deal. I have also bought them on sale at Ritz camera. com and once even on QVC.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-10-2009, 07:42 AM   #11  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

So does the cuttlebug cut and emboss - and you just by the nestabilities dies?
yes
Quote:

Do the SU dies work on that too?
yes, they do
Quote:

I'm also confused on what ALL you have to buy with the machines, like cutting mats? Templates?
standard cutting mats/plates usually come with the machine. you may need to buy an embossing mat (doesn't come with a cuttle bug, but they're inexpensive - less than $10 usually)

hth
Old 09-10-2009, 07:43 AM   #12  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiemom23csView Post
When using Nestabilities in the Cuttlebug you will also need to purchase the Tan Embossing mat along with your Nestabilities dies.
...but only if you want to emboss. if you're just cutting shapes, you don't need the embossing mat.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #13  
Rubber Obsessor

You can get just the paper die cuts at Creative Cuts and More. There are SO many options there! And you can get them in all different kinds of paper. HTH!

Not affiliated with them, just impressed with the selection and service!
Reply With Quote Likes