Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #1  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Photo Insert Christmas Card-How?

Hi, I need help making a nice Christmas card so a 4x6 family photo can be inserted. I am envisioning a nice front with the 4x6 cut out --or where a 4x6 photo can be tucked inside photo corners. I'd like to stamp and embellish it according to the space left. What standard card size should be used? A2 would be too small. What is the next size up in card sizes so it doesn't cost anymore to mail? Is there a tutorial or some kind of how-to directions available? I really want the photo to be the focus of the card, but some nice stamp or embellishments would make it perfect! I looked in the gallery, and used the search with words like photo insert card, but I didn't come up with much. I am hoping someone has done this before.
Thanks in advance!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #2  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jill with a GView Post
Hi, I need help making a nice Christmas card so a 4x6 family photo can be inserted. I am envisioning a nice front with the 4x6 cut out --or where a 4x6 photo can be tucked inside photo corners. I'd like to stamp and embellish it according to the space left. What standard card size should be used? A2 would be too small. What is the next size up in card sizes so it doesn't cost anymore to mail? Is there a tutorial or some kind of how-to directions available? I really want the photo to be the focus of the card, but some nice stamp or embellishments would make it perfect! I looked in the gallery, and used the search with words like photo insert card, but I didn't come up with much. I am hoping someone has done this before.
Thanks in advance!!
I can tell you that an A-7 (5x7") will go first class without need of additional postage (unless, of course, you exceed the weight limit, or use something like a clear envelope that would require hand-canceling)

HTH!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2010, 01:01 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks Julie, a 5x7 sounds about right! Now to figure out a photo frame type card! I want it to be made with pretty cardstock and perhaps with Designer Paper, a unique frame, and a nice Christmas stamped sentiment with pretty themed embellishments. I am really thinking of this for a friend more than myself. This is a step in the right direction!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gillian....You could print the photo on the white cardstock and then make a frame to go around it. That way you reduce the bulk of the card and weight. If you have the photo separate from the card and also put more paper or cardstock on the 5x7 card, it will require more postage due to weight.

I use a 3x5 size photo on my card front with just a simple frame around it. I don't want to take away from the photo. I die cut the frame and use a VersaMark ink to do a watermark on the frame.

Patti
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out this site for some awesome digital options
TheShabbyShoppe.com - Digital Scrapbooking Products
click on the new products tab
Reply With Quote Likes