Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-30-2014, 08:21 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default photo of finished project - tissue box cover

when i joined this forum i was asking about stamping and heat embossing on wood and painting well this is it ive finished it im hoping this URL will take you to the photos ive uploaded in the gallery its under anything but a card cos its a wooden tissue box cover i put it under gift ideas given that it was a christmas present for my aunty who loved it

please tell me if the link works!

Splitcoaststampers Member Galleries - emck - Handmade Cards & Crafts

oh and thank you all so much for the help! i wish id had more time to practice but it came out ok in the end the other one some did some didnt and thats cos the wood was so high that the stamping press didnt actually reach the table thing i was leaning on (in the bed) its wooden and i put it over my lap so i dont get burnt its great! jeff made that too.

happy new year and hope u all had a great christmas im in heaps of pain but had a great daya nd a great party on Sunday (hence the pain) it was very quiet other than the party on sunday.

I am sure ill have more qus for you in the new year and for christmas i got a whole heap of card of the months packs from my friend. they are REALLY hard cards (no stamping but they are real complicated nothing like what i normally do. i cant cut any of the pieces out (like you need to cut rectangles and stick them on so i think my hubby and i will have to do it together. seems a bit like patchwork with cardboard if you ask me.

Oh does anyone know what Jac paper is? ive worked otu its something like double sided tape only in an A4 sheet does anyone have any videos on how to use it?? the instructions for the cards are not the best. but i worked out what was the jac paper just not exactly how to use it.

from erin
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #2  
Crimping Master

Received 29 Likes on 13 Posts

Hi Erin, it looks like your painting and heat embossing has worked well!

To be honest it's a bit difficult to see any details because the photos are so out of focus. Could you perhaps take some pics in daylight with the camera further away?

Thanks for sharing
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-01-2015, 04:40 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi unfortunately i gave this to my aunty julie on christmas day so i dont have it anymore. I am bedridden and took the photos while in bed prob should have got my husband to do it in the light but was doing it with the blind closed (it was hot and ive got terrible light sensitivity so unfortunately i cannot use the main light) and cos we were in such a rush to wrap it for christmas day i just took the best i could :-)

i am really glad you liked it though.

the other one is full of music and cats and to be honest it didnt stamp anywhere near as well as this one did cos the sheep on the long side at least was a wooden stamp so i couldnt use the stamping press and the other side is painted quite a bit i didnt realise it till it was too late but the stamping press wasnt touching the "table" i was using to stamp on so some stamps worked better than others cos of that. will post photos when its finished it was a christmas present but its kinda a bit late :-)

I will get jeff to do the photos hopefully they will come out better with the next one
Reply With Quote Likes