Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-11-2010, 09:08 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pergamano/Parchment Questions

I have some questions for those of you who have done cards with Pergamano or on parchment paper:

When you send your card to someone, do you stamp or write on the inside? Does it show through? Do you have to use a special kind of pen/ink to write on it so it doesn't smear?

I've been playing with my Pergamano kit recently and was wondering how to go about putting a sentiment on the inside or signing it. I put a lot of work into the front and so I want to show it off, but I'm afraid to write or stamp on the inside and spoil it if it shows through to the front. I thought that I could just put a paper insert in it, but that kind of defeats the purpose.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks,
Dorie Ellen
aka Happy Stamper Ink.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #2  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I used to put a folded piece of cardstock on the inside, kind of like a card base, but trimmed a bit smaller than the vellum, with punched borders or fancy punched corners. I used to attach it with a pretty piece of ribbon along the spine of the card to hold it together. They looked really beautiful! I actually thought it made the pricked design on the parchment look prettier because the white of the cardstock behind it made the design really pop. That was a long time ago, I wonder if I still have my Pergamano supplies somewhere...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-11-2010, 01:51 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Pergamano is so beautiful! I haven't been able to find the box with my Pergamano supplies since I moved and miss it.

I usually have mounted my Pergamano card to a slightly smaller "card" made of either one of Pergamano's pastel parchment papers or cardstock in a color that compliments the front of the parchment project. It can really change the tone and look of the card, so I usuallly try out several colors before deciding on a final choice. You can write or stamp inside the smaller card. I usuallly go only 1/8 to 1/4 inch smaller. Sometimes though, the project seems like it would just "go" better if mounted on a larger inside card - usually when there is a lot of delicate cutting and perforating around the edges of the card. A contrasting color will show through and highlight your work.

You really cannot adhere the smaller card with adhesive easily because it shows through on the front of the project. If there is no place within the embossing or coloring on the front where I can hide a few bits of mini glue dots or pergo-glue, I use gold metallic or a pearl colored thread or narrow cord, line up the inner and outer cards and mark a small hole about about one inch from the top and one inch from the bottom. I then thread the cord or thread through the holes and either tie it with a bow on the side of the card, or make a tassle at the bottom of the card. Since Pergamano is so elegant, I think the cord or thread fits with it well.

I do use my personalized stamp on the outside back of the card stamping it with versamark and then brushing over it with Pearlex. I made the mistake of once trying to heat emboss it - not a good idea with parchment.

Have you checked out the gallery on Pergamano's website?

http://www.pergamano.com/plaza/project.asp

HTH
Colleen
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes