Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-14-2009, 09:49 AM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Organizing Stamps????

I am looking to reorganize my stamp collection(mostly Stampin Up) and would love some ideas Thanks for sharing!
Cathy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 137 Likes on 54 Posts

I recently combined some of my retired sets to save on space. Many SU! sets have a lot of extra space in the containers, especially the background stamps. I moved my background stamps to the next size smaller container then put that set and a smaller set in the larger container. This saved me a lot of space (I have over 500 sets, 3/4 of which are retired.)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have my SU sets alphabetized and in Sterilite containers. You can see a photo here: http://thescrapmaster.blogspot.com/2...p-storage.html

Hope that helps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2009, 04:59 AM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I store my stamps in an IKEAAntonius Frame with wire baskets. There are 2 rows of the plastic boxes side by side in each wire basket.

Here is a picture of them in my room. You can also stack them on top of one another with out the hard top. I had wanted to have a shelf sturdy enough to store my paper bins on them. This is an old picture, and I have "expanded" my paper collection a wee bit (LOL!) and have much larger (and heavier) plastic totes filled with paper on them now. Super sturdy, they haven't protested a bit!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-15-2009, 05:21 AM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

Mine aren't really "organized", but works for me -- I have them sorted basically by sentiments, botanical, animals, geometrics, backgrounds and have them stored in slide-out plastic shelves.

Wanda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2009, 06:10 AM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess

I love the Target "itso" storage for my wooden stamps. You can see complete details and pictures here. The drawers can easily be labeled too if you sort your stamps. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2009, 06:25 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have a problem.................. I only have about 175 SU sets and I'm not an organizer. Out of site..........out of mind, with me. LOL Anyway, I bought a wire rack that goes over a washer and dryer. It has 2 shelves across the top (where my SU stamp boxes are stacked) and then I made som S hooks to hang on the bottom to hold 2 looooonnnggg dowel rods to hold ribbon. Since then I've quit using the rods because it was too hard to get them off when I wanted to use them. Always seemed to want to the one in the middle. Know? Now have those in 9 ribbon storage boxes (from HL) and 2 plastic shoe boxes.
Back to the stamps.............wanted to show you a pic but evidently I bought it at Mennards so long ago it's not available............at least not online. It was to go over the washer and dryer but I put it over my desk.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #8  
Die Cut Diva

I recently reorganized my many stamp sets and this is what I did.

-First, I sorted through the sets by general category (nature, holidays, summer, spring, etc).

-Then I got more specific (birds vs butterflies/bugs for nature; Christmas vs Halloween and other holidays; masculine/feminine vs Asian vs France and other countries).

-Then I got down to business: I removed the sentiments and greetings from the various sets and organized them according to type (TY vs Sympathy, etc) and separated the greetings from the sentiments. IF you think you might want to sell the sets someday, DONT DO THIS! They (especially SU! stamps) sell better as a set, not seperately!!

-Finally I listed everything I have in the computer (so I wouldn't make the mistake of ordering a stamp or a set that I already owned)!

As you can probably tell, I have a great many stamps, mostly wood mounted, and I never could find what I wanted/needed for a card. Now, if I want a sentiment (or flower or holiday or whatever) that has a certain feel to it, I just go to the bin where that type of sentiment (or image) resides and pick out the one that suits the person or card design the best.

It took me a long time to organize all of my stamps and sets, but it is worth it for me and the way I use my stamps!

My advice to you (or anyone who wants to reoranize) would be to buy some clear bins for your stamp sets, organize them in whatever way suits you best, and live with it for a while. If that doesn't work for you, think about ways to reorganize them so they meet YOUR needs. For example, I have a bin or two just for ATC/collage stamps, but you might not need one. I also have two bins for Christmas/winter stamps: one is for religious and the other is for secular.

Have fun stamping!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 07:07 AM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

I have two walls that are covered in drawers/shelves from top to bottom. I have all of my SU sets in two of the drawers. The drawer is just deep enough to stand my sets up on end with the label facing upward. Everything is placed in the drawer in alphabetical order. I have around 100-150 sets.

In order to find what I need, I copy and paste a photo of the stamp set from the catalog into a Word document (I have a digital version of the catty). Then, I sort all of the images by theme...baby, flowers, sentiments, etc. Each page may have 2-3 sets on it. The pages are printed out and placed in a binder and when I need a set I just thumb through it to find one I want to use then go the drawer and pull out the set. It's easy to find the actual set since they are in alpha order.

When I get a new set, I just add it to the Word document, print out the new page, then place it in the binder!

Good luck! I hope you find a method that works for you!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 07:52 AM   #10  
Embossing Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seven thin shelves on my wall. They're about 3 inches deep and 3 to 4 feet wide. I put my background and larger stamps (like D. Morgan sceneries) on there.
Then I use the empty SU containers (and additional ones I bought from ebay and SU) to store stamps by category in drawer units I bought (and repainted) from a local office supply surplus store. (I have separated most kits as Gail noted above.)
We have about 4000+ stamps. They're stamped into an "index" book and also described in an online document (so I can search if needed).
I wish I would have numbered them and noted where in the 36 drawers, CD containers (for un-mounted) and/or shelf they are located in/on. :-) Some day maybe.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 09:24 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

My in house stamping storage shelves rapidly filled up in my first years as a demo. I got large clear plastic covered containers and organized them topically by seasons, and arrange the stamp sets in the container so the labels will show through the clear container. It really helped to get the fall, Christmas, Valentine, and Easter sets out of the way and into the garage. Now my shelves are full to overflowing again and I will have to get some more large clear boxes and think up some additional categories... If you tape a white strip behind the name label of the stamp set, it is easy to read, even at a distance or in a darker storage corner. Fortunately in Minnesota we are far from the earthquake zone, or my overstuffed shelves would be cleaning themselves from time to time... ;-))
Zephaniah 3:17
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #12  
Cardstock Collector

Default Organizing

I put up 2 walls of peg board in my stamp room. Then on each of the boxes I attached a platic sticky picture hook and then hang them from hooks in the peg board- I can see all the stamps I have at a quick glance! I use them a lot more then I used to having them so visual.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 09:31 AM   #13  
Cardstock Collector

Quote:

Originally Posted by cricket7View Post
I have two walls that are covered in drawers/shelves from top to bottom. I have all of my SU sets in two of the drawers. The drawer is just deep enough to stand my sets up on end with the label facing upward. Everything is placed in the drawer in alphabetical order. I have around 100-150 sets.

In order to find what I need, I copy and paste a photo of the stamp set from the catalog into a Word document (I have a digital version of the catty). Then, I sort all of the images by theme...baby, flowers, sentiments, etc. Each page may have 2-3 sets on it. The pages are printed out and placed in a binder and when I need a set I just thumb through it to find one I want to use then go the drawer and pull out the set. It's easy to find the actual set since they are in alpha order.

When I get a new set, I just add it to the Word document, print out the new page, then place it in the binder!

Good luck! I hope you find a method that works for you!
Thank you for this idea. I had oraganized my stamps, but it was still difficult to quickly find a stamp, this is just the perfect step to make it easier to find the right stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, I love all the suggestions. Thank you so much for sharing.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #15  
Mad Swapper

I used to alphabetize my stamps but ran into problems with it. Every time I bought a new set, I had to redo all my lists and the drawers I kept them in. One time I found myself not wanting to by a certain set because it began with a "B" and my "B" drawer was full! This just cannot be!!!!!! Instead I switched over to categories. Make them whatever works for you. I have "Nature", "Critters & Creatures", "Manly Men", "Girlie Girls", "All Occasion", "Backgrounds", "Holidays", etc. I found I had quite a few Asian sets and Western sets, so I have a category I call "East Meets West". I then copy the sticker sheet of every set (before mounting) onto white cardstock (or you can stamp them onto white cs), slip that into a sheet protector and I keep them in two large 3 ring binders by category. On my 8 1/2 x 11 cs I also print the name of the set at the top center and the category in the upper right hand corner. I keep the actual stamps in various drawers and tubs, but whatever the container, it's labeled with the name of the category.
This works much better for me than trying to maintain an alphabetized list. Have fun!

Avatar is my "adopted-in-my-heart-daughter" Sunitha who lives in India.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 11:49 AM   #16  
Mad Swapper

I organize my stamps into categories - flowers, nature, guys, girly, kids, animals, sentiments, alphanumerals, vintage, designs, occasions, labels, winter, transportation, fall, summer, (personally I don't use spring since I have flowers), food and ... I think that's it?

I then put the category on the spine of the set with the name label and I group the categories together. It works 2 ways - if I know I want a specific set, say Shore Thing - shore thing is in the summer category, go there, pull the set. If, however, I'm not sure what set I want to use but know that I want to make a Christmas card, I just go to my Winter stack and browse what I have. I have found that I end up using more sets this way b/c I come across sets that I've either forgotten about or just didn't think of! This system works so well for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 01:03 PM   #17  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 186 Likes on 88 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by scgustafView Post
My in house stamping storage shelves rapidly filled up in my first years as a demo. I got large clear plastic covered containers and organized them topically by seasons, and arrange the stamp sets in the container so the labels will show through the clear container. It really helped to get the fall, Christmas, Valentine, and Easter sets out of the way and into the garage. Now my shelves are full to overflowing again and I will have to get some more large clear boxes and think up some additional categories... If you tape a white strip behind the name label of the stamp set, it is easy to read, even at a distance or in a darker storage corner. Fortunately in Minnesota we are far from the earthquake zone, or my overstuffed shelves would be cleaning themselves from time to time... ;-))
Great tip! Thank you! I have been considering typing the name of the set on white paper and taping it to the box, but your method os quicker!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 02:30 PM   #18  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 245 Likes on 132 Posts

I always "disassemble" my stamp sets and reorganize them into categories or themes and place them in the appropriate drawer (mine hold stamps two deep and are about 20"x20."), for example, animals, flowers, leaves, trees, fruits, designs, Christmas, hearts, snowflakes, shells, etc. Then I further group them, i.e. butterflies, dragonflies, bees, beetles, flies; daisies, tulips, lilies, roses; apples, pears, grapes, etc. keeping them in the plastic clam shell boxes (however many as necessary) where possible. I devote as many drawers as needed--2 for animals, 3 for flowers, 2 for trees (one for deciduous and one for evergreens), 1 for fruits/vegetables etc. This has changed over the years as I have acquired more stamps, as I used to get all my flowers into 2 drawers. I also have 3 drawers for sayings which are categorized in boxes by "thank you" "greetings" "Christmas" etc. I write on the end of the blocks of all but the sayings what set they came from, so that if I need an idea for using a butterfly, I can see what sets to look up on SCS! I recently went through my stash because I bought some beautiful new sets and couldn't get them all in the drawer space I have. Since I have more than adequate space, I decided that I should give some away to make room for the new. My stamping friends and new stampers are always glad to give them new homes. This way my collection is made up of those stamps I really like and use and are current with my ever-changing tastes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #19  
Mad Swapper

I organize mine similar to something I saw on here. I split them into categories (holiday, nature, sentiments, non-descript images) You can select whatever works for you. I assigned each one a color. On the end of the box I put a sticker with the color. If it was an SAB set or hostess I make a note on the sticker. I also put an "R" on the retired ones.
On my shelf they are sorted by size of box. It feels more organized to me. The person I got the organization from sorted hers by category and then size (she had a lot more than me). I find the stickers make it easier to find a stamp set for a particular purpose.
My Stamping Blog
My SU! Demo Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 04:23 PM   #20  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1chrystalView Post
I store my stamps in an IKEAAntonius Frame with wire baskets. There are 2 rows of the plastic boxes side by side in each wire basket.

Here is a picture of them in my room. You can also stack them on top of one another with out the hard top. I had wanted to have a shelf sturdy enough to store my paper bins on them. This is an old picture, and I have "expanded" my paper collection a wee bit (LOL!) and have much larger (and heavier) plastic totes filled with paper on them now. Super sturdy, they haven't protested a bit!
What a great storage idea. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #21  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I unmounted all but the alphabets, ones used for kids classes\my sons crafts and current sets. The remaining mounted ones are on a bookcase in stacks sorted by theme, alphabets, sentiments, kids etc. I organized the unmounted with EZ mount on storage panels by nature, shapes etc and put them in zippered binders for security. Most sets are still stored together by stamp set under those categories. I labeled them with the set name but I removed the setiments to their own storage panel. Next step is to ink all of the sentiments and stamp a image sheet so I can read them all! I'll put the image sheet in a plastic page protector and add it to the binder too. My non-SU! images are stored similarly but instead of binders, they are in stacking drawers meant for wood mounted stamps. 4-5 layers fit in one drawer.
Www.Boxofchocolatescrafts.Com
YouNeverKnowWhatI’mGoingtoMake

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2009, 05:09 AM   #22  
Glitter Queen

I was lucky enough to find a rolling wire video rack at my local pawn shop for $10.00. I can roll it in and out of my closet with ease. It has 5 racks front and back and I can stand my stamp sets 4 deep and approximately 8 or 9 rows across. The extra large stamp sets I can lay down and stack 7 high. I organize them by set size i.e. SU box size and by theme. I also use "S" hooks on the sides to hang my wheels that are on a metal pant holders and my guillotine paper cutter, on the other side travel bags. I am always going to flea markets and stores and I look at containers and such and if something catches my eye, I try to visualize what I can store in it. Hope this helps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2009, 12:49 PM   #23  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 389 Likes on 262 Posts

Wow, these suggestions are WONDERFUL! I especially like the tip of putting a strip of white paper behind the stamp set name so you can read it! So simple, but I never thought of doing that.
I have been keeping all of my sets out, ready to use but the suggestion of putting seasonal or holiday sets in another, less accessible spot is a good one. I hate having to paw through and move set after set in my cupboard to find what I need. Doesn't make sense to keep moving the Christmas set when I know I'm not going to need that one for awhile!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #24  
Embossing Fanatic

I like the cling backed stamps because I don't have tons of room for storage (unless I buy wood mounted and don't want to unmount them). I store my unmounted sets in cd cases and they go into cardboard cd storage boxes that I buy at JoAnns with coupons. I make a cardstock insert for the front of the case that has the images stamped or copied onto it. I organize them by keeping a binder that is divided into categories. Each set is put into the category and labled with a code. Each cd box has a number and each case in that box has a letter. The boxes hold 19 cases so they are lettered A through S. I put a sticker label on the top edge of each case with the code (box # 4 case C is 4-C). When I want to see what stamps to use I flip through my binder, find the stamp set check the location code and go right to the box and case it is in.
I have not coded my wood mounted sets yet but will probably just number the boxes as of now they are all in SU boxes) and write that in my binder next to the coordinating print. If the code is a single number I will know it is a wood mounted set as opposed to the clings with the letter in the code.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 03:56 AM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

I only have about 50 SU sets but I used bookcases to store my stamping stuff. I just stack the stamps in their own cases with the names facing me and this way they are easy to find.
I also keep all of my loose stamps in plastic containers that you can find at micheals for around $8..The red and black boxes from Ikea hold things like ribbons and embelishments. I have 2 walls of bookcases so there is lots of storage.
This all works great for me.
Sorry, I tried to put photos but can't figure out how to do it.
If someone can tell me how I would appreciate it?
My blog

Last edited by ButterflyEars; 08-21-2009 at 04:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 04:13 AM   #26  
Hardware Hotshot

I also just stack my 80 SU sets on a small bookshelf three shelves). They fit perfectly and they don't take up much room at all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 05:10 AM   #27  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanne3579View Post
I always "disassemble" my stamp sets and reorganize them into categories or themes and place them in the appropriate drawer (mine hold stamps two deep and are about 20"x20."), for example, animals, flowers, leaves, trees, fruits, designs, Christmas, hearts, snowflakes, shells, etc. Then I further group them, i.e. butterflies, dragonflies, bees, beetles, flies; daisies, tulips, lilies, roses; apples, pears, grapes, etc. keeping them in the plastic clam shell boxes (however many as necessary) where possible. I devote as many drawers as needed--2 for animals, 3 for flowers, 2 for trees (one for deciduous and one for evergreens), 1 for fruits/vegetables etc. This has changed over the years as I have acquired more stamps, as I used to get all my flowers into 2 drawers. I also have 3 drawers for sayings which are categorized in boxes by "thank you" "greetings" "Christmas" etc. I write on the end of the blocks of all but the sayings what set they came from, so that if I need an idea for using a butterfly, I can see what sets to look up on SCS! I recently went through my stash because I bought some beautiful new sets and couldn't get them all in the drawer space I have. Since I have more than adequate space, I decided that I should give some away to make room for the new. My stamping friends and new stampers are always glad to give them new homes. This way my collection is made up of those stamps I really like and use and are current with my ever-changing tastes.
I'm sure this is great for you, but it just makes me cringe:o! I can barely read the post!!! (ha) I can't possibly split up my "family" of stamps that coordinate and go together!!!!

...so I go alphabetical order but only by first letter. All "A" sets together, all "B" sets together, stacked on a shelf (unless I've unmounted, then they are in a basket). This means I can throw an A set back on top of the A stack and not worry, but it's still easy to find. I also write the name on all four sides of the plastic case in sharpie so it doesnt' matter what side ends up facing front.

Save our families.... keep the children with their siblings... don't break up your sets!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 05:19 AM   #28  
Glitter Queen

I agree that these are some GREAT Ideas! I have a question though, If I want to take my rubber stamps off the blocks, do I have to replace the rubber with something else or do I just put it into a cd case or whatever I am going to sitck it to to be able to use it?? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 05:36 AM   #29  
Kookie Creator

Great suggestions here....I am expanding each month but I try to take a day out once in awhile and I:
a) stamp the set onto a page, label it and then stamp some 'ideas' on the page beside it - then they go into a binder. I break up my images in the binder into categories. For example, I will stamp several times if I want to cross-reference a stamp {ie if it also works for birthdays, or some stamps in the set could be labeled under 'food' such as cupcakes from various sets.} I especially stamp all the greetings into categories and all my categories are separated with tabs.

b) then the stamps go into storage - with out-of-season stamps into some beautiful lidded baskets I bought at Pottery Barn {because they had lids! }...and that way, I can keep the baskets on display anywhere because they look nice. The rest are on a bookshelf system - and I just break it into small simple categories - retired, floral, elements, etc.

Finally - I recently took out all the sentiments from each set, and now have those stored together in wooden trays. I just had a workshop - and I brought out the whole tray and everyone could pick out the sentiment they wanted. However, I also placed a small note in my stamp case listing the sentiment - so I can quickly see when I use that set, which greeting was meant to be with it.

SOrry for long chit chat ! ;)

You will probably find that you will 'evolve' over time - I have tried different things several times and this is now working...so far! :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 06:38 AM   #30  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

I use this exact system to but stacked it works great and holds a lot of stamps sets I have filled many of the drawers now and started to run out of room. So I have start the gruling task of umounting all of my stamps sets by putting them on ez mount and keeping them in CD cases. One set of stamping up sets in a plastic clam shell = 5 sets mounted on ez mount and in CD cases. Also there is less weight on the baskets so they don't bow. It looks so much nicer and organized.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 07:02 AM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

I use this exact system to but stacked it works great and holds a lot of stamps sets I have filled many of the drawers now and started to run out of room. So I have start the gruling task of umounting all of my stamps sets by putting them on ez mount and keeping them in CD cases. One set of stamping up sets in a plastic clam shell = 5 sets mounted on ez mount and in CD cases. Also there is less weight on the baskets so they don't bow. It looks so much nicer and organized.
All my non SU sets are UM. I use ATIOAO on bare rubber. The EZ mount takes up way too much space, and without it I can put twice as many stamps in a single CD. It's also much cheaper. 1 bottle of ATIOAO goes a LONG way. Even with most of my sets UM, I am still running out of room. I am either going to have to (gulp!) sell some sets, or find an even more space saving option. I am still looking into using laminated sheets of CS and univenture binder boxes. The only problem is, they seem to always be out of the cheapest, clear ones :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 08:37 AM   #32  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

All my non SU sets are UM. I use ATIOAO on bare rubber. The EZ mount takes up way too much space, and without it I can put twice as many stamps in a single CD. It's also much cheaper. 1 bottle of ATIOAO goes a LONG way. Even with most of my sets UM, I am still running out of room. I am either going to have to (gulp!) sell some sets, or find an even more space saving option. I am still looking into using laminated sheets of CS and univenture binder boxes. The only problem is, they seem to always be out of the cheapest, clear ones :(
Hi, I use these binder boxes and they are nice and sturdy! I LOVE LOVE them!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 10:00 AM   #33  
Glitter Queen

What does ATIOAO mean? Is this a certain product by someone? Help?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #34  
Matboard Maniac

Sorry, ATIOAO = Aleene's Tack It Over And Over glue. I get mine from Michael's in the glue aisle. It allows you to stick and re-stick your rubber stamps to an acrylic block (or anywhere else). Much much cheaper than EZ Mount since 1 bottle ($7.99 before coupon here in Canada) will make hundreds of stamps sticky.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #35  
Glitter Queen

Thanks 1chrystal! I kind of thought that was where you were going, but wanted to make sure. If you use the EZ Mount, would you have to cut that in the same shape as your unmounted stamps? and do you need to use a cushioned something under your EZ Mount stamp, like the CTMH stamps, to get a better image? Sorry for so many questions, but some of these ideas I want to start trying. Thanks for your patience!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2009, 12:42 PM   #36  
Cardstock Collector

Default Another Idea

I read on here once about numbering your sets and that is what I did. Each new set I get gets the next number in line. I stamp the set on a sheet of paper that goes into a binder. On the sheet I list the name of the set, the order number, how many stamps and the cost and if I remember , which catty I ordered from. There is also a box on the page for me to mark when the set retires. All my sets sit an a shelf, mostly in numerical order. I look through the binder, pick the number (set) I want then go to the shelf and pull that box. I had great hopes of organizing my binder into catagoies but that never happened. The paper behind the clear label works great but I use file folder labels so I dont have to cut all the little strips. This system also helps when I have friends who borrow my stamps. I just list the box numbers that they take the name of the borrower and then I know who to go to to get my treasures back.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 01:41 AM   #37  
Hardware Hotshot

Oh, I like the idea of numbering the sets. I have started to stamp my sets into a binder but not in any particular order. I order my sets on my shelf by the size of the box. I will have to get some stickers today and start numbering my sets. What a great and simple idea!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 07:25 AM   #38  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Thanks 1chrystal! I kind of thought that was where you were going, but wanted to make sure. If you use the EZ Mount, would you have to cut that in the same shape as your unmounted stamps? and do you need to use a cushioned something under your EZ Mount stamp, like the CTMH stamps, to get a better image? Sorry for so many questions, but some of these ideas I want to start trying. Thanks for your patience!
No problem. With EZ Mount you don't need to use cushion underneath, It is the cushion with the vinyl cling attached. It comes as sheets (8.5x11 i think) and you attach it to the bare rubber and trim around it. I've heard that using a hot knife to cut the EZ mount is much easier than using regular or Kai scissors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #39  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have each of my SU sets seperated by the size of the case it comes in. I number the case and record the number and the name of the set at the front of my binder. Inside the binder I have scanned the sheet that comes with the stamp set so that when I flip through the book I can quickly see the name of the set, then go to the front of the book and look up the number and the size of the box and then go and get the set....Works for me.....Am still trying to come up with a solution for the non wood ones I have stored in CD cases.......I am also thinking for the wood non SU ones I will sort by category as I store all of them in the large plastic SU cases that SU sells......so much to do - so little time (sigh)....

My Gallery http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...0&ppuser=25291

I would be delighted if you checked out my blog: http://www.justforfun.typepad.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2009, 05:21 PM   #40  
Stampin' Fool

Default organizing stamps

I have all of my SU and loose wood mounts stored on cookie sheets that I bought at Magic Mart. I guess the are really more like a jelly roll pan, as they have 1" sides all around. They are so nice because ou can see everything. When I first got into stamping, I kept my stamps in plastic storage baskets and stacked them on there. It was not good. Some of the wood mounts became stained and you had to paw through everything to find what you wanted. I still am not as oraganized as I would like to be, but maybe one of these days. In my dreams, I have a loose leaf notebook with all of my stamp sets in it. Augh! The time that would take!!

Jutta
Reply With Quote Likes