Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-13-2008, 07:06 PM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not in a creative mood, need help getting inspired

I need to make a thank you card but there is a bit of a story behind it. Granted not an exciting story but a story nonetheless.

I have returned to college and am getting a degree in Public Admin/nonprofit management and I am taking a resource developement class. The teacher just teaches one class and is a working professional in the field and not an academic type. He is quite a character and we have all had a lot of fun in the class. So one night he can't make it to class because he has this big politicial thing going on that his organization is putting on and asks us how he can help us to make up the class and I jokingly suggest that he gets us all in for free ($75 tickets) so that we can see him in action. I didn't expect that to happen at all but he actually offered us tickets on the condition that we all wear business suits and behave in a mannerly fashion and that we work for a 1 hour time slot. Only 8 students took him up on the offer. That was two weeks ago. So tonight in class he mentions that 2 of the 8 sent him thank you cards and how much that impressed him. I was not one of these people tho it did cross my mind to do so but I didn't get around to it. He made a couple of funny comments about those of us that didn't send cards throughout the night.

He had also given me permission to bring in little wooden houses that I am selling as a fundraiser to class tonight and had promised to buy one so I did and ended up selling a total of 7 houses. This was not a project for his class so this was a generous offer on his part.

So I feel a bit funny about sending him a thank you card for the ticket to the event because he made such a production of it and it was two weeks ago but I also feel that he is hinting that we should. I also think I need to send him a thank you card for letting me sell houses in class. Since he has a great sense of humor I want to make a card that is a bit fun and nothing is drawing me in at the moment so I thought you all may have some ideas. I also want him to know that I made it so that I can kind of joke about having made a card that was special and that is why it took me so long to get it in the mail to him, all in good fun of course.

So any suggestions? I have the bra stamp that says "thanks for your support" but I know that is not appropriate for a male teacher but I like the humor. Any other suggestions with the same feel to it but with out the underware? LOL

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 08:25 PM   #2  
Vintage Vixen

Send your card and write inside, "You would have received this sooner, but you can't rush good art."

:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-13-2008, 11:00 PM   #3  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Since your fundraiser was little wooden houses, could you do a house-shaped card and maybe something along the lines that with the economic downturn the housing market is a bit slow. You could also come up with something based on foundations with the house theme...
I think he's right to be appreciative of those who did send cards but probably shouldn't have made or implied comments about those who didn't. I believe strongly in saying thank-you, but I have discovered it's easier not to expect that other people will.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 03:11 AM   #4  
Watercolor Wizard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the business world, hand-written thank you notes go a long way toward cementing networks and making you look professional and a detail person at the same time. So I think his lesson in class about thank you notes is entirely appropriate. Sounds like he's a great teacher.

I love Sabrina's idea about the house card and sentiments...very appropriate and yet fun for a fun and warm guy. I probably wouldn't mention the tickets since it's obvious to all you missed the boat on that one, but you could comment on what a generous teacher he is. A thank you for the opportunity to sell your houses shows that you learned the lesson he taught!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 04:16 AM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Default thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by missiowa81View Post
Send your card and write inside, "You would have received this sooner, but you can't rush good art."

:p
I think this is perfect, especially since he sounds like a jokester. The other thing is send the thank you for allowing you to bring in the houses and then mention the tickets as well.
Reply With Quote Likes