Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie questions

Hi everyone! I posted on the Start Here! thread to introduce myself, and now I have some questions. I hope I'm at the right place. I did some hunting in the Forums and learned a lot but couldn't find the answers to these:

- Is this site sponsored by Stampin Up or is it just where SU fans gather?
- Is anybody out there who knows the Scrapjazz website? I used to post frequently there but strayed. I'm here mostly to keep up with trends and find new inspirations.
- When I post cards, do they have to use stamps? I'd hate to break the site rules but I don't always stamp on my cards.
- Where can I go to find a new SU demonstrator in my area? My girl had to quit to take care of a family member. I haven't had/been to a SU party in over a year and I'm suffering from withdrawal, I think.

This seems like a nice, friendly site and I hope to get to know you better as time goes by.
Malachi 3:10 "See if I will not throw open the floodgates of heavenand pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it"

I joined the Fan Club!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #2  
SCS Community Manager Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 1,551 Likes on 667 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to UnderstandBlue

Hi there!

1) No - but you can read about the founding of the site here: About Splitcoaststampers: Rubber Stamping & Card Making Community

Nope - you don't have to use stamps! When uploading, just leave the defaults - that will upload to your member gallery.

To find a demonstrator, I'd go to stampinup.com and use the demonstrator locator!

We are happy to have you here. We have lots of peeps in your area so I know you will find some stampy friends!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 05:04 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 123 Likes on 59 Posts

I'm echoing what Lydia said, but also, if you sign up to be a new SU demo before the end of the month, it costs only $50 and then you can join us over on the SU Demo Forum, which is all-SU all the time! :-)

Welcome to Splitcoast! I've been here for 10 years and it's my HOME online! :-)
~ Susan - Celebrating 19 years as an SU demo! Grammy to Anna 15, Elizabeth 14, Nora 12, Abigail 12, Kendall 10 , Isaac 10, Evan 7, and Hudson 3 with me in my avatar Proud to be SCS Fan Club Member since the beginning!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-25-2014, 11:23 PM   #4  
Insane Embellisher

Soozie, do you have to become a demonstrator with the 50? I started to ask the other day. I'm interested in the deal, but I really don't have the time to become a demo.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 03:10 AM   #5  
Matboard Maniac

**Edited - I've found the group, so please ignore this comment Thanks

Can someone please let me know where to find the SU Demo forum? I joined SU a couple of months ago and wasn't aware that there was a demo forum here and can't seem to find it. Thanks so much

Last edited by scrappyoz; 06-26-2014 at 03:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 04:22 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denverkat276View Post
Soozie, do you have to become a demonstrator with the 50? I started to ask the other day. I'm interested in the deal, but I really don't have the time to become a demo.
You don't need to demonstrate or do anything further. You can pay $50 to get $55 worth of product, and then you get a discount on your orders as long as you remain active, and can order from the holiday catalog earlier.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-26-2014, 06:05 AM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSnowView Post
.................................................. ............
- Is anybody out there who knows the Scrapjazz website? I used to post frequently there but strayed. I'm here mostly to keep up with trends and find new inspirations.
- When I post cards, do they have to use stamps? I'd hate to break the site rules but I don't always stamp on my cards.
.................................................. .............................
Welcome to what I think is the best board for stamping information.

The Scrapjazz forums are still there. They are owned by Scrapbook.com now and the Scrapjazz store was merged, but they were nice enough to leave the forums. Out of respect to SCS, I don't want to post a link to a competing message board, but you can Google them easily to find their link.

I have never seen anything that states all cards must be stamped. There are quite a few beautiful hand painted & water colored cards in the gallery. Lately I have seen a growing number of cards made with stickers or tole crafts. I do mostly skip over these because I tend to prefer hand painted/ stamped/colored ones, but that's just me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2014, 02:56 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

just wanted to say welcome!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Yes, welcome! You'll love it here!!!! SCS is the best and Lydia does an awesome job at well making it awesome!!!!!

If you don't stamp on your cards you can also use keywords to help people find them too like punch art or e-cutter whatever technique you used to make them!

Have fun getting lost here for hours when you should be stamping...or cleaning....or whatever lol!

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

Welcome! You are going to love it here!
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-28-2014, 02:49 AM   #11  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Gallery Moderator
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Teapot Tuesday TEAm

Received 1,053 Likes on 812 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindersView Post
Yes, welcome! You'll love it here!!!! SCS is the best and Lydia does an awesome job at well making it awesome!!!!!

If you don't stamp on your cards you can also use keywords to help people find them too like punch art or e-cutter whatever technique you used to make them!

Have fun getting lost here for hours when you should be stamping...or cleaning....or whatever lol!
What she says...

Except, grins - not e-cutter as a keyword. There's been a discussion on that recently: *****Advice for Keywords by tweedcurtain at Splitcoaststampers. Of course maybe you don't use a Silhouette or Cameo or anything like that ;), but certainly your cards don't have to use a stamp.
Reply With Quote Likes