Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-03-2013, 08:01 AM   #41
Cardstock Collector

thanks so much! the tombow is holding it yay!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #42
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maazgal View Post
Hi.
I love the silver glimmer/glittery paper but what on earth do I use to adhere something to it? Help.
thanks.
Jessica
I tried Tombow mono-multi but found it didn't work on my glitter paper. Maybe my paper has more glitter, lol. The back of my paper is white, and Tombow works on the back, but if I want to stick something to the glitter side of the paper it doesn't hold. At first it seemed to, but then it came undone. Same thing with my ATG tape gun. It appeared to hold at first, but then came loose.

I have had very good luck with Glossy Accents by Ranger. You can find it at Michaels and Hobby Lobby.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Old 10-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #43
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paper Invite View Post
Im new to stamping. I mean really new. I have no stamps. I need a little advice. I have not purchased any supplies to start creating or stamping, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should purchase first, besides paper. I wish there were beginner kits for new stampers that include everything a new stamper need to get started.
I agree with Makalah. I thought I was being so thrifty by buying some things with a coupon at Hobby Lobby. Their stamp scrubber is very sparse, not many bristles at all, plus it is small and only one sided. I wasted that money, and now have a nice one that is large enough for my big stamps and has a wet as well as a dry side. The other thing I skimped on was the acrylic blocks. They were thin and harder to hold comfortably in you hand. Also cheap per is crappy paper. I really like double sided paper. Having ink paper and ribbon to match does make a bog difference in the quality of card you produce.

The big box stores are good for adhesives, some embellishments too.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #44
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggainok View Post
I tried Tombow mono-multi but found it didn't work on my glitter paper. Maybe my paper has more glitter, lol. The back of my paper is white, and Tombow works on the back, but if I want to stick something to the glitter side of the paper it doesn't hold. At first it seemed to, but then it came undone. Same thing with my ATG tape gun. It appeared to hold at first, but then came loose.

I have had very good luck with Glossy Accents by Ranger. You can find it at Michaels and Hobby Lobby.
I learned a hard lesson about glitter paper. I bought some at Target for a great price and the glitter flaked off when I cut it, I had a heck of a time keeping anything glued to it, and I had glitter all over. I bought glitter paper so I "wouldn't" have glitter all over

Perhaps why I'm having good luck with Tombow is because the paper I'm using now (SU and $2.00/sheet from LSS). The glitter doesn't flake off like the stuff I bought at Target.

Definitely can't use ATG, glue dots, foam tape, etc.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:00 AM   #45
Mad Swapper

I usually go to a silicone -type glue for attaching to any sort of glitter card- the glue grips the rough surface easily.
This Glue Gel is available in the USA, and does the job perfectly.
This one , from the same supplier, would also do the job

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 10-04-2013 at 07:00 AM.. Reason: typo
Old 10-04-2013, 08:16 AM   #46
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with many of you about not buying cheap stuff that doesn't coordinate. If you have an SU demo near you, she can help you get stuff that coordinates at a reasonable price. And SU has a great deal now, to become a demo for only $25, which is the best deal I've ever heard of since I became a demo 9 years ago.

As far as working with Glitter Paper, but found that glue dots work well for sticking things on the glittery side. I use Tombow Mono Multi (aka "green glue") for glueing the backside to another layer.

Hope this helps!