Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-23-2013, 05:41 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need opinions for a first time blogger

I can't believe it but I actually have a blog...it was like learning a whole new language for me!

I'd love for you to take a peek and share with me honest, constructive feedback and/or if you find any errors or any other suggestions...I'm open to anything!

And if you happen to like it please share it, follow it, pin it, FB it and whatever else it

Thanks in advance for your input/opinions! Wish me luck
Here it is: amped2stamp
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 07:19 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I like your cards a lot. Good luck on the blog!

One suggestion: When I saw you had verification on to comment I did not comment. I highly recommend removing that as a lot of folks will not take the time to wade through it to comment.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Your blog looks great. Very appealing format and your cards are quite nice.

I agree with Joan about the verification. I hate the verification for comments on blogs. I sometimes try once, but it usually doesn't work and then I just give up and don't comment.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really like your blog presentation- very neat and not too fussy.

Your cards are in a style I like.

Keep it up. You have done a great job.!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 08:03 AM   #5  
Die Cut Diva

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Lovely cards, nice clean lines on the blog. I would suggest making the font size slightly larger though, its quite small and not necessarily easy to read. I have to agree with the posters above- Word verification is a big turn off for most people visiting blogs- if you don't want to risk spam, you can set comments to be blog owner approved before publishing- no hardship as you will be reading all the comments anyway. I'm part of a world wide blog hop, WOYWW, (Whats on your workdesk Wednesday), and bloggers on there all say they avoid blogs with word verification.
Somewhere on here( I think it may be in the Blogging thread) you can get SCS badges to add to your blog

Last edited by shazsilverwolf; 11-23-2013 at 08:07 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #6  
Kookie Creator

Thanks for the heads up on the word verification...I didn't even know it was there - DER! I turned it off now.
I also tried to make the font a little larger but the small, normal and large options are all messed up somehow. No matter which one I choose they either get really huge or really tiny, I can't seem to get the normal to be normal so I went with the size that it is now rather than the honkin' huge other option. lol.

Thank you for your feedback and I welcome more!
amped2stamp.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 01:28 PM   #7  
Crimping Master

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Great blog with wonderful clean cards! Your October 31 post lists the date as 2014, just to let you know
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 01:34 PM   #8  
Crimping Master

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't know why I posted about that date. Maybe a little OCD going on...definitely not worth commenting on. Good luck and look forward to visiting your blog often!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #9  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by JubleView Post
I don't know why I posted about that date. Maybe a little OCD going on...definitely not worth commenting on. Good luck and look forward to visiting your blog often!
She asked for feedback, so it was a fair comment, but I think she dated it out far on purpose so it will stay at the top of the blog.

I think it looks great. Love the colors. Thanks for not writing your posts in the same fancy fonts as your title. (I find it hard to read, so if your whole blog was like that, it'd be hard!) I didn't think the font was too small, but that's just me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #10  
Stazon Splitcoast

I found the blog very eye appealing. The colors and font choices are good. It is also nice to see your cards!
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2013, 02:47 AM   #11  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 588 Likes on 240 Posts

You're a better man than me -- I still haven't figured it out and I'm envious of your lovely blog. I would not have guessed that you are new to blogging, everything looks great. I need to get busy!
Mary Beth
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2013, 06:46 AM   #12  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNachoView Post
She asked for feedback, so it was a fair comment, but I think she dated it out far on purpose so it will stay at the top of the blog.

I think it looks great. Love the colors. Thanks for not writing your posts in the same fancy fonts as your title. (I find it hard to read, so if your whole blog was like that, it'd be hard!) I didn't think the font was too small, but that's just me.
I'm OCD too so I appreciate your observance of the 2014 date Juble thanks.
But yes, Emily/SkyNacho you are correct I want that post to stay at the top for a little while so I had to make the date 2014.
and I agree the script font is cute for the titles but would be way too hard to read in the posts. I like that font because it compliments my blog header at least I think it does

thanks for all the continued input!
amped2stamp.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2013, 08:07 AM   #13  
Die Cut Diva

By the way, I only commented on the font size as some people browse via phone/ipad/ notepad etc, not being picky, lol. If anyone ever does want to do anything like that,say for headers & so on, you can do it much better and easier by clicking on 'Design',which will bring you to a screen where at the top you should have a little pic of your blog under the heading 'Live on Blog'. Below that is a button with 'Customise' on it. If you click that, it takes you to a page where you have loads of different options to try out- you can change templates,backgrounds, adjust column widths, change the layout of headers/footers, and if you click advanced, you have all sorts of options for fonts/sizes/colours etc for headers/footers/ links, and loads more stuff. Most of you probably know this, just putting it in for anyone new to blogger . It took me months to find it and work it out, lol.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #14  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I think your blog looks great! Very nicely organized!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-25-2013, 01:20 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
By the way, I only commented on the font size as some people browse via phone/ipad/ notepad etc, not being picky, lol. If anyone ever does want to do anything like that,say for headers & so on, you can do it much better and easier by clicking on 'Design',which will bring you to a screen where at the top you should have a little pic of your blog under the heading 'Live on Blog'. Below that is a button with 'Customise' on it. If you click that, it takes you to a page where you have loads of different options to try out- you can change templates,backgrounds, adjust column widths, change the layout of headers/footers, and if you click advanced, you have all sorts of options for fonts/sizes/colours etc for headers/footers/ links, and loads more stuff. Most of you probably know this, just putting it in for anyone new to blogger . It took me months to find it and work it out, lol.
Thanks, and yep I found those changes in the Design options...thanks for sharing the tip for that with others too

I'm having issues with the actual post fonts when I click on New Post, I choose the font I want (from a limited menu of only 7 font options :( ) and the only size options are smallest, small, normal, large & largest. When I choose any of these they never display the way it should. Like if I choose normal it ends up being small or if I choose small it ends up smallest. It's making me crazy! There isn't an option for an actual point size font. UGH. can you say frustrated?! lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #16  
Die Cut Diva

Blogger is a bit of a pain, I agree. Its easy to use, but not very helpful! It irritates me with the photo sizing options too- small, med and large, and trying to get the picture to sit where you want it can be very frustrating!
Another good option for writing blog posts, and its a lot more user friendly, is Livewriter. It should be amongst the Microsoft Office suite. If not, you can get it as a free download.
Someone put me on to it a year or so ago, when Blogger was being a real pain for a lot of people, and refusing to post pictures. You have a lot more control of the placing of things, pictures can be resized individually using a 'free transform' type tool, lots of choice of fonts/font sizes etc. I still use it occasionally. And every time Blogger doesn't want to play nicely, I wish I was using it then too, .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2013, 06:22 AM   #17  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by shazsilverwolfView Post
Blogger is a bit of a pain, I agree. Its easy to use, but not very helpful! It irritates me with the photo sizing options too- small, med and large, and trying to get the picture to sit where you want it can be very frustrating!
Another good option for writing blog posts, and its a lot more user friendly, is Livewriter. It should be amongst the Microsoft Office suite. If not, you can get it as a free download.
Someone put me on to it a year or so ago, when Blogger was being a real pain for a lot of people, and refusing to post pictures. You have a lot more control of the placing of things, pictures can be resized individually using a 'free transform' type tool, lots of choice of fonts/font sizes etc. I still use it occasionally. And every time Blogger doesn't want to play nicely, I wish I was using it then too, .
THANKS! I didn't even know LiveWriter was on my computer already, I'll have to start playing with it...looks like there are many more options! I wonder what other cool tools are there that I don't know about?!
I'd love some more input from anyone willing about my blog amped2stamp.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Very nice cards, very nice blog. This is just me, but I prefer the lighter background, it is easier for me to read.

My blog: www.maryscraftroom.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes