Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-24-2005, 10:54 AM   #1  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help picking a scrapbook

I am doing a heritage album for myself, and bought a beautiful 12x12 K&Co album for it. It came in a box, which I thought would be nice for safekeeping.

BUT I have done 15 pages (30 back-to-back) and I don't use hardly ANY embellishments and it is full. I extended the posts such that if I extend it anymore, then I will have to take off the paper piece on the side that covers the posts (hope that makes sense).

I am not even remotely finished. In fact, I haven't even gotten to my dad's side of the family at all.

SO, my question is, where can I find a post-bound album that holds more than 15 pages. I am not a huge embellisher, so my pages tend to be more flat than bulky. How many pages can I expect an album to hold? I'm very discouraged by this.

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2005, 07:41 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Red face

HI!

usually if you go to a scrapbook store you can see the album and wether or not there is paper over the posts and most albums you can add extender posts to make your book bigger, you just unscrew, add the extender and then screw back in and viola, it is a 1/2 inch or so bigger to fit more pages.

Hope this helps!

Karrie
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-24-2005, 08:21 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Just to add to what was peviously said, they also have little cardboard inserts that help to compensate in the spine for the width at the opening of the book so that the book is evenly thick. You can make a post bound book as big as you want. Mine are generally about 30 sheet protectors big when I'm done-- that's about 3-4 inches thick.
Reply With Quote Likes