Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-25-2006, 08:52 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need gift ideas for Girl Scout troop leader.

Next week my daughters girl scout troop is going to Build A Bear and lunch as one of their end of the year outings. The troop leader is a friend of mine and I was the assistant troop leader. I would like to make a little something to thank her for everything she done for the girls this past year. Any ideas? I really need it to be something fairly inexpensive but nice. TIA.

All children are gifted...some just open their package sooner than others.
Check out my gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 09:13 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

As a GS leader, ANYTHING is appreciated. Someone gave me a glade candle and holiday towel for christmas, I thought that was very thoughtful. I think something that you made would be really cool!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 10:54 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 2 ideas

1.... Do you have a few snapshots of her doing things with the girls? Make a small album. Just fold a couple of pieces of cardstock in half. That gives you 5 or 6 pages for photos and phrases plus a front cover to write a title.

2.... I made this little tags thing back in January. It is actually folded (accordian style) and stands on a shelf. Maybe you could do something like this using Girl Scout phrases. click here... Lovin' God
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 10:55 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

When I was a leader assistant, the main leader had given me a picture of all the girls in a frame. You could decorate a cheap wood frame and put the girls picture in it with the year noted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 11:02 AM   #5  
Her Royal Awesomeness of Shiner Bock PTA Pirate Land

My co-leader one year gave me a photo album with a picture of hte girls in it. It was a recordable one where you could say something in it. The girls were yelling we love you BB! (my nickname). Everytime you moved in front of it it went off. HAD to take the batteries out of that one, but loved the frame.

If you have time - why not do an explosion book. They're VERY simple and quick to make and she'd love it I know!

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. - Albert Einstein
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 11:08 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

An album sounds like one of the best ideas if you have pics of her with the girls. For Christmas I gave people in the office 6-8 handmade cards. Family 10-12. Everyone loved them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 12:35 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

What about the acrylic Post It thing and a pen. If you have a pic of the girls you could use that instead of a stamped image in the frame. Something to remember them and something useful.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 12:46 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

My daughter asked if she could give her teacher a birthday gift the other day. I made her a set of cards and a handstamped journal from (kraft cover) Target.

She seemed to really like them and the cost was practically nothing. (not counting, of course, all of the money I spend on stamping supplies!)

I usually pick up those journals-one or two at a time- in various sizes when I go to target to have on hand for a quick, simple gift.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 01:18 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

As a past girl scout leader I have received....a bracelet that one of the mother's made (with those beautiful beads), a gift card to Starbucks, a gift certificate for a pedicure or manicure at a locial shop, a gift certificate from a local speciality store (or you could do a Trader Joe's), and a memory book with photos of the girls in our troop.

If she is going to be returning as a leader next year, you might consider getting her a T-shirt from your local Girl Scout office...I wore mine often when we went on field trips. Another idea, would be a SU gift certificate (that is if she is into stamping), I have received these as gifts and loved them too.

Edited to add: I just noticed that you want to make her something. How about a jar with all the ingredients to make cookies! Or a batch of fresh lemonade?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-25-2006, 01:24 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

If you're looking for inexpensive, try a stamped candle with a matching card. Check out the anything but a card section of the gallery. There are tons of examples for all kinds of things. The set I made My SIL had a journal, beaded pen, candle, stamped frame, and 4 note cards. I used the dollar store and altered everything. Hope this helps you.
Reply With Quote Likes