Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

View Poll Results: Dates for Zindorf Workshop
April 17 and 18 4 30.77%
May 29 and 30 4 30.77%
June 5 and 6 5 38.46%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-05-2009, 05:13 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Michelle Zindorf Brayer Workshop in MN?

I'm wondering if there are enough interested folks to pursue having Michelle Zindorf bring her brayer workshop to MN. I love her work and would love to attend one of her workshops-I made a comment on her blog today and she wrote to me and it doesn't sound too difficult to set up a local workshop-I would love to do this but need a little help. I'll attach her email, and am looking for suggestions about possible locations where we could have workshops and stuff like that. Let me know if you are interested and if you have any suggestions (or want to take over the project . . .).
Thanks, Deb
Buffalo, MN
Here's the email:

Hi Deb,
Here is some info on having me come to your town to teach workshops. It's pretty simple.

First of all, thank you for having interest in my workshops.

I keep my workshops small, 10 people per workshop. I do this in order to spend time with each and every person attending and to have fun at the same time.
I would need to be able to schedule 4 workshops to make the trip. I prefer the workshops to be in one location. A workshop is 3 hours long and I will need a 1 hour break in between workshops.

I generally schedule two workshops a day so I would be there teaching 2 days to fit in 4 workshops. I like to schedule my trips so I can fly/drive in on Thursday night, teach on Friday & Saturday and head back home on Saturday night or Sunday morning.

I would need to have a place for the workshops that would seat 10 people comfortably at tables. I like th e tables set up in a U shape to teach so I can walk around the inside of the U and have the attendees seated on the outside of the U.

The workshop fee per person is $125.00 and the workshops have been filling up, no problem. The attendees get a 3 hour workshop, stamp set, acrylic block, brayer, stamping pad to stamp on, gel pen, etc. I provide all of the supplies with the exception of adhesive & scissors. Most people have no problem bringing these items.

I advertise the workshops on my blog and will collect all the workshop fees, either through Paypal or personal checks if I am teaching outside of a store. I have a fan base of about 5,000 so you don�t have to worry about filling the workshops yourself.

If I'm teaching at a store the store will get a percentage of the workshop fees and they would handle the sign ups and collection of the workshop fees.

I pay all of my own expenses. There is no expense to the hostess or store, unless she would like to have snacks on hand etc. Most hostess offer bottled water and cookies. If drinks are offered I do request it is something with a cap that they can put on when they are not drinking it.

The hostess would need to pick me up at the airport, transport me to the hotel and then to the workshops and back to the hotel, unless I drive in.

If this is something you would be interested in hosting, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Michelle Zindorf
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

I would be very interested in attending a workshop like this. Would love to be included. I wonder what type of stamp set is included in class. I have a concern that if the work shop is held at a store they will not want a SU set included since it is in direct competition. Thanks neighbor for emailing Michelle because I was hoping that other stampers would be interested too. CALLING other Minnesota stampers, let us know if you are interested too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2009, 09:21 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

I too would be thrilled beyond belief to go to one of Michelle's workshops. I live in S mpls, could easily pick her up at the airport. (and swing by ikea or MOA, if she so desires.) I have no ideas about places to hold a workshop, though. Do you?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-05-2009, 09:52 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

My LSS is We're Stampin' Mad which is in Osseo/Maple Grove area a northern suburb of the Twin Cities. I could ask the owner to see if she's interested. I'm skeptical that we could fill four workshops.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 04:27 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

This sounds fab. I am in New Hope and usually hit We're Stampin Mad and Archivers. Don't know of any other LSS around here
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 06:21 AM   #6  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by ujxm048View Post
This sounds fab. I am in New Hope and usually hit We're Stampin Mad and Archivers. Don't know of any other LSS around here

Yep, please ask. I thought about Archiver's too, but can't see them doing it. I'm going there to day so I'll ask. In her email, Michelle says she gennerally has no problems filling the classes. One thing to consider, too, is that I think that there are both beginner and advanced classes so some people (like me :-) ) would take both. One idea I had was my parents finished basement-there is tons of room as well as a bathroom and mini kitchen.

I'm going to put this post on the MN thread to see if I can find a few more interested people before pursuing this . . .
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 06:27 AM   #7  
Rubber Obsessor

BTT-
Here's a link to Michells fabulous work in case you're not familiar with it:

Blogs at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 06:31 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

would love to go as well - hoping that a location is found - I LOVE Michelle's work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 10:21 AM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

I will go to We're Stampin Mad tomorrow and ask the owner Jackie. I've had a terrible cold since Wednesday and should be feeling better tomorrow.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 11:43 AM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Zindorf

I talked to Marco at Marco papers several months ago to try and arrange to have the fabulous Zindorf in MN. Marco says that Michelle doesn't like to travel much and that she only likes small groups. However, she was working then, now she's not and she's traveled to Texas to do workshops late last year, so MN may now be within her range. How can I help you with this project? PM me, I am very interested!

Minneapple
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 11:45 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Location

I'm sure I can get Anchor Paper Express on University Ave, bt Mpls/St. Paul to have the workshop. I am the sole support of that store!

Minneapple
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #12  
Inking Addict

I would love to attend one also. I'm way up in Northern Minnesota but could come down to "The Cities" for this. We have a stamping club up here and I'm sure several girls would be interested! This would be so much fun!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 12:03 PM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

It's looking real good that we could fill the workshops since in the past 18 hours we already have 6 people interested! Hooray! I will let you know what I find out at my LSS tomorrow We're Stampin Mad.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #14  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by polargirlView Post
It's looking real good that we could fill the workshops since in the past 18 hours we already have 6 people interested! Hooray! I will let you know what I find out at my LSS tomorrow We're Stampin Mad.
make that more than 6 people!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #15  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinneappleView Post
I'm sure I can get Anchor Paper Express on University Ave, bt Mpls/St. Paul to have the workshop. I am the sole support of that store!

Minneapple
That would work for me!!! I'm just over the river from Stillwater in WI and would love to come and learn how to brayer like she does!! I know 1 other person who might want to come too. I can post something about this a another stamping site to get more people interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #16  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Minneapple
That sounds like the perfect place . . .I asked at Archivers today but didn't have much luck. Thanks-let me know if it's a go and I'll get back to Michelle! I'm so excited!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #17  
Rubber Obsessor

I am in Eagan (SE suburb) and would be interested.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 08:08 AM   #18  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Zindorf Progress

I'm off to Anchor to ask for space for the workshop today. If the store cannot hold it, I can host it in a conference room at my office in dwntwn Minneapolis. Parking ramps attached to building. My office is centrally located and FREE. However, a store wld be better so people can purchase accessories as needed, so that's my first preference.

Dates: OP dmurrary and I are suggesting April 4, 11, 18, 24, or May 2. dmurrary polling responders. We will do this!

Minneapple
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 08:20 AM   #19  
Rubber Obsessor

I just sent Michelle and email asking her about potential dates. After I hear back from her (and from Minneapple about Anchor paper), I'll ask you guys which dates you prefer and we'll get this show on the road. My folk's basement is always available as long as you don't mind coming out here-it's not so bad of a drive. I work in St Louis Park and it's an easy commute. I'll keep you all posted!
Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 08:31 AM   #20  
Glitter Guru

I'm In Coon Rapids so I would be interested in going - Stampin Mad is close or Anchor Paper is close enough... Please send me a message if this goes through and I will sign up asap...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #21  
Rubber Obsessor

Here's the latest email from Michelle-I've posted a poll to see which of the dates work best. We still haven't set a location and are very open to suggestions. If you are interested in attending, could you do me a favor and PM me about whether or not you would be willing to come out to Buffalo for the workshop and also, which workshop you are interested in-Beginner, Advanced or both.
Thanks!
Deb

Hey Deb,
Your Mom and Dad's place sounds wonderful! Their address would not be given out except to paid confirmed attendees. What do you think about 3 beginner workshops and then an Advanced workshop? That has been working very well in other locations. A lot of people want to take both workshops while they have me there in town.
Here are some possible dates:
April 17 & 18
May 29 & 30
June 5 & 6

Please let me know as soon as you decide to so I don't book the date you want.

Huge Hugs,
Michelle Zindorf
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 01:08 PM   #22  
Rubber Obsessor

Default Another Alternative

Deb, I found a centrally located public library in Mpls that cld host both workshops on Friday-Saturday on all Michelle's available days. I wld also like to suggest splitting the wkshops bt 2 locations if that wld be OK with Michelle--one in Buffalo and one in/around Mpls.

Since the Anchor Paper mgmt is not available until Monday, I will still pursue the University Ave site. Will PM you that info.

I think the proposal by Michelle for 3 beginner and one advance class is great.

I voted for the soonest date.

Minneapple
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 01:13 PM   #23  
Polyshrink Goddess

Jackie the owner of We're Stampin' Mad in Osseo/Maple Grove, a northern suburb of the Cities is currently on a Bead buying trip until Wednesday, thus I have been unable to talk to her. darn! I will talk to her when she returns. I would rather not go downtown to take a class and have to pay for parking plus the driving downtown makes me nervous. I too would prefer to have classes at a store but I am flexible. I really want to take these classes. I am interested in taking both the beginning and advanced classes. thanks everyone-I know we will be able to put this thing together. We are already working like a team.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 01:15 PM   #24  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Deb, I found a centrally located public library in Mpls that cld host both workshops on Friday-Saturday on all Michelle's available days. I wld also like to suggest splitting the wkshops bt 2 locations if that wld be OK with Michelle--one in Buffalo and one in/around Mpls.

Since the Anchor Paper mgmt is not available until Monday, I will still pursue the University Ave site. Will PM you that info.

I think the proposal by Michelle for 3 beginner and one advance class is great.

I voted for the soonest date.

Minneapple
Thanks for all your hard work Minneapple!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #25  
Rubber Obsessor

Thanks Sylvia and Minneapple! Keep me posted. Michelle says that she prefers to have the workshop in one location if at all possible. As far as the dates, I work every third weekend-and unfortunately the only weekend I'm not working is the last one. I can usually work out a trade or something but it can get tricky. I'll go with whatever works (and hey, there's always sick time!!)
Thanks again!
Deb

ETA: Michelle also says we shouldn't worry about attendance, she says she's never had a problem filling workshops . . .

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #26  
Matboard Maniac

I voted in the poll, but truly have no real preference. I was considering driving to the Chicago area to attend one of her workshops, so would do almost anything to attend one nearby!

Thanks for all your work!
Eileen

Last edited by Untrapped Soul; 02-07-2009 at 04:02 PM.. Reason: typo- and I even used spell check!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #27  
Polyshrink Goddess

Smile

MINNESOTA STAMPERS let us know if you're interested in attending a class with Michelle Zindorf in the 'Twin Cities' area.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2009, 05:40 PM   #28  
Rubber Obsessor

Yep, now's the time to speak up if you want to have a say about where and when we do this. . .I think this is a wonderful opportunity for all of us!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 03:12 AM   #29  
Rubber Obsessor

There is one additional incentive to having our workshops in Buffalo on June 5th and 6th-it is the first weekend of the month and that's a great weekend to come to Buffalo! The first weekend of every month, Buffalo is home to an amazing number of "occasional sales" featuring antiques and interesting shabby chic items. It's really fun and there is always something that I can't resist. Here are a few links:
http://www.findbuffalo.com/sitepages/pid153.php
http://cottageelements.blogspot.com/...nal-sales.html
http://www.buffalo-mn.org/shopping.htm#occasional

Buffalo is also home to a couple pretty good fishing lakes and parks if you want to make it a family adventure . . . (all just 25 miles west of Plymouth :-))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 04:12 AM   #30  
Glitter Guru

I would rather now drive downtown MPLS either - Stampin Mad is a great location and also Anchor Paper. And any place other than downtown MPLS or ST. paul driving is horrible and parking is expensive.

I picked a weekend but really any one of them are fine. I don't know if I could come up with $250 for 2 classes but I would definately do the beginner class... I think it would be great.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 04:43 AM   #31  
Rubber Obsessor

I voted in the poll and am interested in this workshop!
the weekend in June, in Buffalo sounds great

Last edited by Tipsygirl; 02-08-2009 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: eta
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 05:26 AM   #32  
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 1,909 Likes on 1,290 Posts

OP...great idea...Buffalo, fine place...do what is most convenient for you. Now to find that poll. ETA: Found it at the top of the thread...guess you can tell I jumped in at the bottom of the thread....

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 07:15 AM   #33  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

COUNT ME IN! Twin Cities area for me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 07:53 AM   #34  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen
Proud Fan Club Member

Received 2,013 Likes on 867 Posts
Default Zindorf

I am going to the workshop in chicago- but with over a month to go- one of the sessions is already closed, and the others do not have to many spaces.........If you look on Michelle's blog post for workshops, there is a listing of the supplies you get when you take the workshops- you get alot of stuff- here is a copy and posting from her blog:

Beginning Brayer Workshops

The beginner brayer workshop is a 3 hour workshop. You will learn and leave the workshop feeling very comfortable about your brayering skills. You will complete at least 3 projects and receive a kit for you to take home that includes a Speedball brayer, Darice Stamping Mat, Innovative Stamp Creations Stamp Set, Acrylic Block and a White Gel pen. These items will help you with your continued success with your new brayering skill after you get home.

__________________________________________________ ________

Advanced Brayer Workshop

The advanced brayer workshop takes you to the next level and is 3 1/2 hours long. You will complete at least 3 projects. You will learn to utilize the emboss resist technique and how to a add elements in your scenes using masking. You will also receive a kit to take home with you that consist of a New Stamp set, Larger Acrylic Block, Versamark Pad and Versamark Marker. You need to take the beginner workshop before signing up for the advanced workshop. I do not teach brayering in the advanced workshop although the technique is used in each project.

I saw this post about your workshop and just thought I'd share. I am really excited for Chicago and looking forward to learning Michelle's technique- and to meeting Michelle- she seems really down to earth and I know it will be a treat to take classes from her!

Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #35  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would the first weekend in June be graduations, that might deter a lot of
people, being such a busy weekend. I wish there was a way to cut the
expense some, some people are retired and I don't use credit cards, but I know she does fantastic work, and has put a lot of time into it. Could probably put small amounts away now, but won't drive to Minneapolis either, I like buffalo.

my avatar: (such desparation), Dear God, if you can't make me thin; make my
friends fat"
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 02:29 PM   #36  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamperView Post
Would the first weekend in June be graduations, that might deter a lot of
people, being such a busy weekend. I wish there was a way to cut the
expense some, some people are retired and I don't use credit cards, but I know she does fantastic work, and has put a lot of time into it. Could probably put small amounts away now, but won't drive to Minneapolis either, I like buffalo.
Your're right it is pricey but as McSchmidtry said you get alot of stuff to take home (brayer, stamping mat, stamp set, acrylic block, white gel pen for beginner class).

Another thing to consider is that if we wait until May or June to schedule the class, alot of people will be on vacation or 'up north' at the lake. something to think about.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #37  
Rubber Obsessor

OK you guys, I know the poll hasn't ended yet, but Michelle and I were just chatting and we've decided on the June 5-6 date here in Buffalo (though the location can still be open for discussion if someone else finds a better place). I'm sorry I couldn't make everyone happy, but I think the important thing is that we get to have Michelle here with us! This will be great and I hope to meet you all in June-Michelle will be posting an announcement on her blog very soon.

ETA: Michelle says she is not worried at all about filling up the workshops on those dates in June.

Last edited by dmurray407; 02-08-2009 at 04:48 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #38  
Glitter Guru

Can't wait to sign up i will be on the look out for it. Will she have a list of stuff we need to bring also?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2009, 09:39 AM   #39  
Matboard Maniac

Woo hoo! I am soo excited! I love love love Michelle's work and have made some meager attempts at brayering, and get really positive comments on those cards. Just think what they'll say after I have a class from the master!

I am still more than willing to pick Michelle up at the airport and can run her out to Buffalo, or which ever hotel she gets booked in. I have no problem negotiating the traffic in the cities, and Hugedale (aka the Mall of America) is my nearest shopping center, so I could swing her by there, too, if so desired.
Just let me know if that is needed.
Oh, I can hardly wait to tell my stamping friends!
Eileen
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-09-2009, 10:17 AM   #40  
Rubber Obsessor

Oh, I know-I can't believe this is really going to happen! Michelle has been so unbelievably easy to work with. I've offered to have her stay here at my house (though that means I have to clean . . ackkk!). I'm fine with the airport transportation, as well. That's the perfect week for me to do this because I have the entire week off. I was thinking about MOA last night and wondering if she would like to see it-I'm not that familiar with it (I know where it is because I go to Ikea, but get incredibly lost each time I actually go into the mall!), so if that's something she would like to do, Eilleen, that's your baby!! I'll ask her. We could do a tour and dinner if folks wanted to meet her early (or on her way home).
Thanks for your kind offers-I'll keep you in mind as details come up-
Reply With Quote Likes