In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2012, 10:10 PM   #1
Gallery Gazer
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 6,436
Default Looking for Christmas door card

http://pinterest.com/stowe2philly/ca...windows-doors/
Has anyone seen this door card here on SCS? The link on Pinterest went to the main gallery page and there is no indication who the creator was.

I now understand the importance of watermarks.

Love the detailing on this particular door card - the faux brass mail slot with a letter partially inserted is too cute for words.

PS. I had real issues getting a correct link to the card so ended up pasting the whole page. The door card I'm interested in is in the top row, brown wood look with a wreath and mailslot with a letter hanging out of it.
__________________
Susy

Last edited by Boss; 11-16-2012 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: Bad link
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 02:29 AM   #2
Compulsive Stamper
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 39
Default

Here is one for the door....Im sure you can figure out the wreath.
Stamp & Scrap with Frenchie: Christmas Door Video plus FREE shipping

Enjoy!!!
BJM
BJMarhefka is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Holly440's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 566
Default

WT353 Door Card by jandjccc - Cards and Paper Crafts at Splitcoaststampers
Holly440 is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #4
Gallery Gazer
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 6,436
Default

Bingo! That's the one I've been searching for! . Thank you SO much for finding it for me. Your a good sleuth. Now I can study it and figure out how she made it so darn cute.
__________________
Susy
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #5
Gallery Gazer
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 6,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJMarhefka View Post
Here is one for the door....Im sure you can figure out the wreath.
Stamp & Scrap with Frenchie: Christmas Door Video plus FREE shipping

Enjoy!!!
BJM
Thanks for the link to frenchiestamps. That's a lovey door card with great panels. The wreath is the only thing I have figured out on door cards and that's because I have a Memory Box wreath die.
__________________
Susy
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 12:46 PM   #6
Die Cut Diva
 
cat_woman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 3,496
Default

Just yesterday I saw a video by Gina K on how to make faux wood paneling. I bet if you looked up her video it would help you with how to make this door. Its a really cute idea.
cat_woman is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #7
Gallery Gazer
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 6,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cat_woman View Post
Just yesterday I saw a video by Gina K on how to make faux wood paneling. I bet if you looked up her video it would help you with how to make this door. Its a really cute idea.
Neato! I'll check it out right now while I'm taking a break. Thanks for the tip.
__________________
Susy
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
Gallery Gazer
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 6,436
Default

I checked out Gina K's videos and found one on wood grain technique from 2009. She showed how to make wood grain using more mustard cs and direct to paper technique with white pigment ink and brown dye ink; she also showed how to make plank outlines with the score pal and then ink on top.

Is that the video you were referring to? It was a good one. If this wasn't the video you referenced, I'll do a deeper search on her site.
__________________
Susy
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:57 PM   #9
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 20,024
Default

I made one about two years ago. You use nestabilities for the door panels and emboss them too. They made awesome door panels. If I find it, I will post a link. Can't remember where I got the original idea.
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $96.21
Winners Post
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #10
Gallery Gazer
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 6,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I made one about two years ago. You use nestabilities for the door panels and emboss them too. They made awesome door panels. If I find it, I will post a link. Can't remember where I got the original idea.
Please do post the card, I would love to see it! I have all the nesties in squares and rectangles so this is right up my alley.
__________________
Susy
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #11
vdm
Stazon Splitcoast
 
vdm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In the beautiful Sequatchie Valley, Home of the Paper Clip Project - The National Cornbread Festival
Posts: 19,125
Default

Handcrafted by Helen: Door Card with Christmas Wreath
__________________
Happy Stamping
Vicki
One of Kota's Kids ***A Proud Fan Club Member ***
QFTD81.... FS295
vdm is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:43 PM   #12
Gallery Gazer
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 6,436
Default

This door card is a jaw-dropper! Multi layered panels that look like they were hand-crafted in a fine wood working shop and a door knob panel that has a KEY HOLE!!!! Holy mackeral, this is so pretty I would want to keep it if I made it.

Wonderful sample, thanks for linking to it.
__________________
Susy
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #13
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 20,024
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
Please do post the card, I would love to see it! I have all the nesties in squares and rectangles so this is right up my alley.
I've looked all over and can't find the picture. Can't find the card either. I used Bravo Burgundy. Oh wait! I think I had found it in a magazine. Let me go look and maybe I can show you from there! Be back later.
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $96.21
Winners Post
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:02 PM   #14
Proud Fan Club Member
 
muscrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Central PA
Posts: 20,024
Default

I found the one I CASE'd thanks to google and through someone's information when I found the card. It is in CardMaker Magazine May 2011. Page 71. The designer is Beth Pingry, courtesy of Spellbinders Paper Arts. I am not sure if I'm allowed to scan and post a picture from a magazine, but if you have that issue, it looks like real woodgrain and has a wreath. The card will measure 4 1/4" x 9 (craft cardstock) for base. Then you cut a 4x8 1/2" piece from dark red (I used Bravo Burgundy) and 3 1/2"x 8 1/8". She inked the edges in black a bit. Then you use the Long Classic Rectangle LG to cut and emboss four 1 3/8"x3" rectangles (ink those edges too). Using the Classic Squares SM, cut and emboss 2 squares (1 1/4"x 1 1/4") and ink edges again. You use dimensional foam squares to attach the four rectangles as the lower panels and the squares as the top panels to the smaller red panel and use dimensionals to attach that red panel to the larger red panel, then attach all to the kraft cardstock. She uses a gold brad for the door knob and hangs a wreath from the top between the two squares. I sure hope you can find that issue because it is much better if you can see it!
__________________
Kathy
QFTD211
S2S2014 Challenge $96.21
Winners Post
muscrat is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:37 PM   #15
Gallery Gazer
 
Boss's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario, Oregon
Posts: 6,436
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscrat View Post
I found the one I CASE'd thanks to google and through someone's information when I found the card. It is in CardMaker Magazine May 2011. Page 71. The designer is Beth Pingry, courtesy of Spellbinders Paper Arts. I am not sure if I'm allowed to scan and post a picture from a magazine, but if you have that issue, it looks like real woodgrain and has a wreath. The card will measure 4 1/4" x 9 (craft cardstock) for base. Then you cut a 4x8 1/2" piece from dark red (I used Bravo Burgundy) and 3 1/2"x 8 1/8". She inked the edges in black a bit. Then you use the Long Classic Rectangle LG to cut and emboss four 1 3/8"x3" rectangles (ink those edges too). Using the Classic Squares SM, cut and emboss 2 squares (1 1/4"x 1 1/4") and ink edges again. You use dimensional foam squares to attach the four rectangles as the lower panels and the squares as the top panels to the smaller red panel and use dimensionals to attach that red panel to the larger red panel, then attach all to the kraft cardstock. She uses a gold brad for the door knob and hangs a wreath from the top between the two squares. I sure hope you can find that issue because it is much better if you can see it!
Wow, you really came through with info on this card. I will check my magazine stash for this issue, but if I don't have it, I think you provided all the details I need to make it, measurements and all! I have a very good mental picture of what it looks like, thanks you. Now to go rummage through my magazine pile...
__________________
Susy
Boss is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:52 AM   #16
Splitcoast Team Member
 
Beate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Edmond, OK
Posts: 19,608
Send a message via Skype™ to Beate
Default

If you still need a wood grain tutorial, we also have one here

Faux Wood Frame

Kim used it to create a frame, but you can just keep your paper in one piece.
__________________
Beate

my gallery - my blog
Beate is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off